• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JacklynThursday

JacklynThursday

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:47 AM

I've always had a fear of the dark and like I tell many people who respond with, "your 29 years old and still terrified of the dark!", it's not the darkness I'm scared of but what lurks within the darkness.

I come from a strong family of supernatural believers, from demons to witchcraft, so it was nothing to be able to understand what was going on but its completely different to be able to live through it and tell myself that I'm not crazy but these beings are there and they are real.

Some of my most vivid memories involve a home I lived in while in California. My sister and I shared a room and our room did not have a door, to provide privacy for us (really to hide the mess of toys her 9 and 5 year old children made) my mother hung up a curtain to our room. Now i would have imagined myself as crazy on this particular night, but my Aunt verified what I witnessed:

We all were laying on a pull-out couch bed, watching movies. At the time my Aunt had just been released from gallbladder surgery and was living with us which was a treat because she was one of those fun-loving aunts who let you eat junk food and stay up past midnight. The curtain hanging over my bedroom whooshed back, it grabbed my eye quickly because it hadn't moved or fluttered at all before what COULD have been a strong breezed blew it forward. I ignored it, breezes happen. Then it happened again and this time instead of looking at the television, I glanced at my Aunt who was watching the curtain intensely.  She asked me if I'd seen anything, and I respond with, "other than the curtain moving?"

and she said, "yes. that shadow behind it."  I told her I hadn't seen anything and we continued watching the movie. While I was scared, being an older sister I couldn't show my fear and instead chose to ignore the shadow that was moving my curtain. My Aunt got up and ripped the curtain down and flicked my bedroom light on. She kept it on for the reminder of the night.

This would have been all except several days later, after putting bunk beds into the bedroom for my sister and I, one of our dogs began to growl underneath our bottom bunk. Maybe at a toy? When I checked, there was nothing under the bed. They'd just been placed in the bedroom and I hadn't had time to shove any of my toys under there in an attempt to quick clean. I went to get my mother to tell her that her dog was acting stupid when the dog unleashed a loud vicious growl and dove underneath the bed. My mother rushed into the room at the sounds. The dog was viciously attacking nothing, to the point that the bunk beds were shaking as the dog continued trying to get at something underneath.

Not all experiences in this house were terrifying though, After these experiences, my sister and I would share the top bunk and both of us refused to get out of the bed unless the light was on and the dog now slept in our room. One night in particular I woke up and I felt thirsty, I yelled for my mom to get me something to drink and she didn't respond. I yelled again. I was still half-asleep and my mind didn't register what was happening until afterwards:

My mother came into my room, wearing a dress, her head was perfect height with my top bunk bed, and she handed me the glass of water. I can remember the feel of that glass in my hand, the way I was able hold it. I touched the glass to my lips and took a big drink of the water just as the light flipped on and my mother came walking into the room with a glass of water. In my hand was nothing.

#2 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:09 PM

Fascinating. I had lots of ghost stuff happen to me my whole life but that last one in your story is really creepy. Keep in mind that nothing has ever hurt you in the dark, it's just been more startling and surprising. But your fear is natural, all of us have trepidation about the dark, our eyes aren't built for seeing well in darkness.

Welcome to the boards.

#3 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:00 PM

Welcome to the Forums, JacklynThursday!  .....glad you found us.  :)

I know what you're talking about. I grew up in a haunted house myself... at least part of my childhood.  :ermm:
I'm glad to know there are others with such experiences.  Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#4 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 30 October 2017 - 03:42 PM

And yet another with wind in the house and dogs that attack the unknown.

Welcome to the board, JacklynThursday.
Find an old place with history, with people and learn all its nuances.

#5 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:31 PM

Posted Image

Thank you for sharing your experience  :D
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#6 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 31 October 2017 - 03:02 AM

Cool graphic/emoji, Klainey!
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#7 karmacae

karmacae

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:Family, life, art and antiques

Posted 31 October 2017 - 04:17 PM

Iv had eerily close experiences to yours. You must be looking into my childhood life. Welcome to the boards.
One last to set free from constraints of glass. ....................What does your heart desire within this life we live?            
Should I let the Genie out,...........................................................What do you wish to live for? A light of hope?!
Or Should I let her remain within? .............................................. ....Then yet again, as your wish is granted!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users