5 replies to this topic

#1 BobbiB

BobbiB

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, home decor, history, finding truth and facts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 05:59 PM

Last night I went to my bathroom at 12:30 am 10/13/2019, I heard a woodwind type flute playing low outside my window, no one was around and it was almost a full hunters moon, which is tonight,   It was a tune and had melody rhythm,  it was a old type flute, almost Indian but more melody.  It was very clearly heard.  Very eerie on a fully lit night the sound was all you could hear.  I was Just wondering if anyone else has heard this flute before or what it means, or what itís from. It stopped when the rain came, I have a covered dog run house on that side of my home but my dog died and itís covered wth honey suckle plus I live on golf course.   Itís not a flute music I would imagine as Iím a rock and roll listener.  I played a metal flute in school itís not that type Of flute nor is it a piccolo. Itís a wood type flute very old. Ancient type tune.  Any help would be great.

#2 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 09:52 PM

Hi, BobbiB:  Maybe EVP will show up because I have questions too, about how sound changes and travels.  I can speak with you a little bit about magical folk maybe others can chime in because magical folk is a very broad category when referencing people, places and things.  And it is the full moon but 24-48 hours either side of the designated date is wide open for people to worship and/or celebrate every full moon.

Someone is kicking their heels up in celebration and music is only one kind of ritual performed during worship although you will find it in every culture.  If I were in your shoes I'd be looking around my neighborhood to see if I could spot who might be outdoors, at night, under the full moon performing rituals.  I've done it and I would not want my neighbors to know.  But I will tell you that my yard is marked and there are symbols visible although not just anyone would recognize them.  Scout the hood and see what you see.

It might be a residual piece of music carried on the wind.  I don't know.  You'll have to look.  And there are times that you can never know what it is about so write this stuff down in your journal and investigate it.  This might not occur again for a long time and notes are invaluable if you are interested in this kind of thing,

Welcome to the Board!!
Happily Wacko.

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 10:04 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,159 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 14 October 2019 - 06:53 AM

Posted Image

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#5 BobbiB

BobbiB

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, home decor, history, finding truth and facts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 06:57 AM

I had a feeling the flute was very mystical, it was definitely right outside my window.  I listened for it last night but fell asleep. It’s raining today, but something has been eating my bell peppers and sweet potatoes.  Small bites.   I put up a motion light flasher and I saw it flashing the night I heard the flute but I didn’t see any animal. I’ll keep you updated.

#6 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 16 October 2019 - 06:30 PM

I’m a little late to respond to this but I will be the first to say, the characteristics of acoustic attenuation is most interesting. In general terms lower frequencies tend to travel much further than higher frequencies.

An excellent example of this is how elephants communicate to one another over long distances with very low frequency burst or the effect of very low dB has on objects.

An attributing factor of acoustic attenuation is the absorption rate of the wavelength. In many ways sound and light share similar properties. As light is absorbed by dark objects and reflected more prominently with lighter colors, higher frequencies are absorbed by objects and higher densities of air create diffraction dissipating sound.

During dry still air conditions, sound will carry much further. Typically, during the still of winter, sound has its least absorption rate. During hot humid days dissipation limits the travel.

I don’t pretend to be an expert in sound. My main study in the paranormal for the last 10 years has been sound related paranormal phenomena. Unfortunately, with the reflective properties of sound, our ears frequently are fooled as to the origin. Countless times while monitoring in a relatively controlled environment, I’ve made a special effort to track origins and often, the perceived origin have been completely wrong.

To complicate further, EVP (electronic voice phenomena) isn’t truly sound phenomena. It’s actually said to be low levels of EMF exciting the voice coil of a microphone.

Where sound phenomena becomes most curious, is when heard “allegedly” with your ears but fails to be recorded to medium.  I’ve had this happen at least a half dozen times. On one such occasion three of us heard footsteps walk past us, breaking branches and shuffling grass with 2 feet yet it failed to be recorded on 9 analogue/digital voice recorders including video. All that was heard during playback was the 3 of us in synchronicity verbalizing the single word “footsteps”.

It’s difficult to say if your “flute” has paranormal origins. You would need witnesses and audio recordings to validate if it was spontaneous sound phenomena (SSP).

I apologize for the long dissertation. My final words are don’t trust your ears and don’t be surprised if you hear something that fails to be recorded.

Edited by EVP, 16 October 2019 - 06:35 PM.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Flute, woodwind, music, hearing flute, no one outside