• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Songstress85

Songstress85

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:55 PM

These are some photos I took at a tiny old cemetery next to the DMV in the town of Calhoun, GA. The area around it has been developed with buildings and a park but what looks to be a family cemetery is fenced in. I did not enter the gate out of respect. The headstones were dated in the 1850's and the family name was Fox. I'm glad I waited until I got home to view the pics because I would have been scared as hell if I did while I was still there lol. In the first one there is a shadow figure standing in front of the grave on the left. In the second pic you can see the same shadow figure from a different angle on the left border of the pic. In the third one there is a foggy/white-looking figure. What's interesting is there is a child's grave in this cemetery and the last pic looks, to me, like a little girl in a colonial dress. What do you think?Attached File  ghost.jpg   230.75K   47 downloads Attached File  ghost2.jpg   142.18K   48 downloads Attached File  ghost33.jpg   84.46K   46 downloads

Edited by Songstress85, 26 February 2014 - 04:58 PM.

#2 ctpuckett

ctpuckett

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, all things unexplained.

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

The image is rather vague, but that is what the more realistic and convincing pics seem to share. Could be a case of pareidolia, esentially seeing an image that is suggested by surrounding stimuli (i.e. seeing a face in the clouds), but what is interesting is the you have a similar image in all three photos.
Nice shots!

#3 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,485 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:08 PM

I can't see anything spirit related in these pictures.  It's probably just pareidolia like ctpuckett says.  It happens to all of us :)

Edited by NightWalker07, 26 February 2014 - 10:09 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Songstress85

Songstress85

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:10 PM

Thanks guys for the input. I did take pareidolia into consideration... for a long time because I've never taken a pic with what I thought to be spirits in it. I know that is possible still but what further convinced me something is there is in the second pic. The same "shadow" as I call it is in the same spot but you can still see it from a different angle. Look at the second pic. I thought the top part may just be a tree in the background but if you look where the fence is in front of the road, you can see an outline where there is nothing behind it but the road. I may go back, analyze the surroundings and compare to the pics to check.

#5 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:51 AM

View PostSongstress85, on 26 February 2014 - 11:10 PM, said:

...  I may go back, analyze the surroundings and compare to the pics to check ...

That is always a good thing.

In your pictures ... first I would point out that these are low resolution cell phone pictures, which makes pareidolia much easier to show up in the kind of background detail seen here. Always take this into account.

In the first picture it looks like a board is being used to support some kind of structure behind the fence where your arrow is pointing. I see straight lines associated with this, and can't make out any figure shape.

In the second picture there is something white or light colored ( paint? ) covering the fence links in an irregular pattern. It looks like this contrast between dark and light areas on the fence links is causing the pareidolia there, combined with background detail from the trees in the back on the other side of the road.

In the third picture all I see is low resolution background detail causing some mild pareidolia.

As always, high resolution detail is needed to properly analyze any claim like this. Otherwise it becomes a matter of personal interpretation, which is not reliable enough. If you go back try and have a good quality camera set on it's highest resolution with as much image stabilization as you can manage. Tripods and self timers are the best things you could add to photography like this.

#6 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:32 AM

pareidolia is my guess.

Shot: 1  Gravestone/metal fence/old wooden fence posts. No reason this wouldn't be a vine or evergreen branch. I want you to especially note the flowers in the tree.

Shot 2: You draw back from same scene. Same gravestones/metal fence/old wooden fenceposts, and same flowering tree. But now you indicate a blur across the road when the original hasn't moved, you can still see it.

Shot 3: Back towards the original shot, Gravestones/metal fence/old wooden fence posts. And the flowering tree. Same shape visible.

I always take it for granted that the OP is NOT involved in a deliberate hoax. Otherwise, why have this thread? You have to trust the OP. Explanations may be found, but the integrity of the OP should not be called into question.

It is only because Snowlord had this to say that I express what I felt about that first picture. No accusations, no detractions, no offensive wording.

In the first picture it looks like a board is being used to support some kind of structure behind the fence where your arrow is pointing. I see straight lines associated with this, and can't make out any figure shape

I was going to say that the first one COULD, not IS, be faked with a support and a camo net from an Army surpluss store. The nets are intended to break up outline and make figures seem what they are not. Possible what this is, but if so, the OP most likely didn't know. When people know you either belive in or actually hunt ghosts, the pranks they play can be very elaborate, let me tell you!

Apologies in advance if I hurt your feelings, that is not my intent.

God Bless

Graves

Edited by MortimerGraves, 01 March 2014 - 07:47 AM.

Who you gonna call?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spirit, ghost, cemetery, shadow, calhoun, ga