13 replies to this topic

#1 FromTheOtherSideUK

FromTheOtherSideUK

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

Hi all.

New to these forums, though not new to ghost hunting :)
Was hoping to get some objective thoughts on some videos we took recently on a ghost hunt.

The owner of the house had told us they had heard sounds occasionally in the cellar and wanted to know if it was spirit based, or something more worldly.

Following a short seance in the room in which the lead (and very experienced) medium identified a young child, who did not seem that intent on communicating. As we had lots more to do int the house, we set up a Night Vision camera and a Trigger Object of a Teddy to see if we could get a reaction.

We were hoping to get something else in the room on camera moving, or a movement we could find a logical explanation for, so the first video is wide angle.
After a short while we came back down to check the video camera was running ok as I had a feeling I hadn't plugged in the power cable very well (The battery was low) and we found this:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=1KRpzipK1Tg

Now it's possible the teddy was balanced oddly, and there could have been a draught, though we certainly couldn't feel any drafts down there, so we did the experiment again, this time with a close up on the teddy.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=L0zKS6ozXAg

It is no fake, and we didn't notice any draughts in the cellar which is quite small, but there is always this chance. The homeowner was with me when were setting up the video camera and teddy to validate our investigation.

What do you think is causing this?

#2 Magma

Magma

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:31 PM

has the teddy been recently put there? cos then i think gravity is to blame. those teddy's don't have very flat bums to sit on, so they roll over. next time i'd put the teddy up against a wall so it can't roll over on it's back.

cool video tho. did you catch any EVP's or something?

#3 Runewolf1973

Runewolf1973

Apport

• GS Member
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Jeeps, outdoors, paranormal stuff and unsolved mysteries.

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

What happens is when you set something down like a teddy bear, it's "fur" is all fluffy and will hold it in position for a while. After a while the fibers will start to flatten out with the weight of the bear and it will fall over as a result. I think this is just gravity at work. Happens in my house with a lot of things like stuffed toys, plastic bags, laundry...pretty much anything soft that will eventually collapse due to it's own weight. That's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

#4 Magma

Magma

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

View PostMagma, on 16 December 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

has the teddy been recently put there? cos then i think gravity is to blame. those teddy's don't have very flat bums to sit on, so they roll over. next time i'd put the teddy up against a wall so it can't roll over on it's back.

cool video tho. did you catch any EVP's or something?

EDIT: altho it does look like it's being pushed :) interesting vid.

#5 FromTheOtherSideUK

FromTheOtherSideUK

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:39 PM

The odd thing about the second video is that the tedy went back a bit, but then actually had to roll over whatever object was behind it when it got knocked all the way back.

There is another video of a doll however which I will try to upload later. I hadn't realised we had captured this one, but someone found it right at the end of a section of video the other night :)

#6 SarahB1863

SarahB1863

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 285 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

Is the house near a set of railroad tracks or airport? Each time before the teddy bear fell over I heard a creaking/vibrating noise that reminded me of when I was young and lived in a house by a set of railroad tracks.  When a train would go by everything in the house would vibrate!  So I wonder, if that's the case, if the vibration is causing the teddy bear to tip over.

#7 FromTheOtherSideUK

FromTheOtherSideUK

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:11 PM

View PostSarahB1863, on 17 December 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

Is the house near a set of railroad tracks or airport? Each time before the teddy bear fell over I heard a creaking/vibrating noise that reminded me of when I was young and lived in a house by a set of railroad tracks.  When a train would go by everything in the house would vibrate!  So I wonder, if that's the case, if the vibration is causing the teddy bear to tip over.
The noise is actually from the video camera. it's a DVR recorder, so you can hear the mechanism working every now and again. you should be able to hear it on every one of these clips.

So here is the doll video from the night. It was the last experiment of the night. we thought we would go with something with more weight to make sure the trigger objects weren't being affected by a breeze, or small movement.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=2dUCbsKU3e8

Edited by FromTheOtherSideUK, 18 December 2013 - 03:11 PM.

#8 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,703 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

In the second teddy video and the last video you posted almost seem like they are slowly being pushed. Thing is, they were all placed on the same location, there may be an imbalance there that eventually causes the objects to fall. If you got any EVP's or other possible activity during that investigation, it would increase the possibility the dolls were manipulated.  Non the less, interesting videos
Posted Image

#9 valpro99

valpro99

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:Full time UNIX Admin for Wall Street Firm and part time UH-60 Blackhawk pilot for New Jersey Army National Guard. Deployed to Iraq.

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:33 PM

During the close up you see a short pause of the bear movement and then it kind of turns and rolls on its back.  Very cool but not enough to say paranormal... not unless you happen to get EMF spikes or and EVP or something.  Good work.

#10 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:06 AM

Interesting, that's for sure. That lazy roll over of the second teddy shot and the doll follow the same path. I won't accuse anyone of falsehoods, so I take your word that no one was involved in trickery.

That said, there are several ways to fake this. A black thread, a timed movement of some balancing object being removed, precarious placeing of the object, burst from a air tank, etc. But because there are ways to fake things doesn't make this video fake, it could very well be paranormal.

Do you have video of the placing of the control objects? That could help with credibility issues. If the object sits fine and doesn't fall over in placing, for example, it rules out just an accidental fall as it happened twice with the teddy and once with the doll.

God Bless

Graves
Who you gonna call?

#11 Ectoplazzum

Ectoplazzum

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

The fact that the teddy and the doll were both set in the same place just makes me wonder if there is something about that particular area that causes things to do that after a while.  It's too bad the trigger objects weren't set in a different area to see if the same thing would have happened to them there.  Either that, or the doll should have been put in a different place than the teddy so at least the base that they were sitting on was not the same.  As far as railroad tracks being nearby, the place would have to be pretty rickety for something as large as the teddy or doll to be affected by a train going by, but I guess anything is possible.  I can't say one way or the other from what I've seen in the videos whether this is paranormal or not.  The only thing that makes me wonder is that both the teddy and the doll kind of fall in stages instead of just falling over.  They do it slowly.  I don't know why, but that intrigues me.

#12 pennie07

pennie07

EVP

• GS Member
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:06 PM

Wow! Great footage. Only thing I am skeptical about is that after each of the objects fall over, there is no further movement of the object leading me to believe that it just got knocked over by natural means like a vibration. The doll, however, was particularly weird in the way that it fell. Very interesting especially since the teddy bear fell over twice. Please keep posting your findings!!

#13 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:52 PM

I don't know what to say about this, except the fact that all of these things happened so consistently on the same night/ same spot is very interesting.  And the way they all fell over to the same side.  I'm not going to imply trickery on your part, but I do wonder if someone is pulling YOUR leg?  There is sound in each instance just before the falls.   Could you identify what this might be?  Was anyone in the room during the shooting of the footage?  I'm sorry if this has been covered, but if it has I missed it.

You hadn't realized that you captured this one until later on, but obviously someone set the doll up TO capture it, and the doll was lying on the floor....so no one suspected anything? No one looked at the footage of the doll to see how it fell?

I don't wish to sound impolite or rude, but if I want to look at these with any sensible hope of understanding things, I have to ask the questions that pop into my head.  (I do not intend disrespect by asking them)

#14 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

View PostDarkShadow, on 23 January 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

There is sound in each instance just before the falls.   Could you identify what this might be?  Was anyone in the room during the shooting of the footage?  I'm sorry if this has been covered, but if it has I missed it.

View PostFromTheOtherSideUK, on 18 December 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

The noise is actually from the video camera. it's a DVR recorder, so you can hear the mechanism working every now and again. you should be able to hear it on every one of these clips.

It's interesting footage to say the least.  For soem reason, the way the doll feel makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. That could just be because dolls like that sort of freak me out in general.

I wonder, is it possible to go back and do another investigation there?  Placing the same, as well as a few other objects in different spots to see if they fall over/are pushed as well?
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Trigger Object, Ghost Hunt, Teddy, Paranormal, Investigation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users