Free Skins
© Fisana

Why Is Christmas Such A Spooky Time Of Year?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 xpeterpx

xpeterpx

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 03:24 AM

Just curious but does anyone else find Christmas time a spooky time of year? But what makes it so spooky?
I find a late night walk in snow on Christmas Day particularly spooky
Maybe its all the talk of ghosts of Christmas past and Dickensian themes that does it...?

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,647 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 05 November 2021 - 06:20 AM

For me, the most scary part of Xmas is hearing Mariah Carey sing "All I want for Christmas is You"    Absolutely terrifying!  :D
Posted Image

#3 Mikaru

Mikaru

Daemon

• GS Member
  • 600 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 11:27 AM

I get it...I think. Something unnatural about the holidays, especially around christmas for me.

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,854 posts

Posted 06 November 2021 - 02:31 AM

View PostVlawde, on 05 November 2021 - 06:20 AM, said:

For me, the most scary part of Xmas is hearing Mariah Carey sing "All I want for Christmas is You" Absolutely terrifying!  :D
:rofl:

No, the spirit of Christmas isn't scary for me or at least it isn't thus far :show:

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 PIT leader

PIT leader

Incubus

• GS Member
  • 833 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal and house music,horror films,comics

Posted 06 November 2021 - 03:50 AM

They call the days between Boxing Day and New Year's Eve "the dead days" as they have the eery quietness of a holiday to them even though things are mostly business as usual.

Edited by PIT leader, 06 November 2021 - 03:50 AM.

We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#6 Gothickangel

Gothickangel

Gothickangel.ca

• GS Member
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:Blogging, Shamanisn, The Occult (studying only), Spirit Guides, Astral Projection, Website & Digital Media, Drawing, Camping and Gardening.

Posted 07 November 2021 - 05:36 AM

Nope never had an issue with the holidays and since my 20s I've celebrated 3 versions of the holidays. I do Yule, my family is Catholic so do Christmas and my husbands family is from the old country so they celebrate it January 7th. I know 2 weeks before Christmas past relatives of mine who celebrated it come forward in vivid dreams for me to give messages to those whom are living. My own family email me or call me around that time always asking about that.
Just around Samhain aka Halloween does it pick up for me, more casework, spirits wanting to send messages to the living and more activity in my home. Which is just people or animals I knew.

Posted Image

Light and Shadow. A place where the line is blurred between both worlds.

Nothing is as it seems. Shadow doesn't always mean evil and light doesn't always mean divine.