WE ARE NOT A BILLBOARD TO ADVERTISE YOUR TELEVISION SHOW, YOUTUBE CHANNEL, BOOK, PARANORMAL FORUM, ETC, ETC... PEOPLE JOINING THESE BOARDS TO PROMOTE THEIR OWN AGENDA OR MONETARY AGAIN COULD FIND THEIR ACCOUNT BAN. WE WOULDN'T JOIN YOUR FORUM TO UNDERTAKE THIS PRACTICE SO PLEASE RESPECT OUR BOARDS IN THE SAME MANNER!!!
You MUST be 13 years of age or older to post in this community!
We encourage the safety of everyone but especially that of children! That is why children under the age of 13-years are excluded from the community. COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act) can be read here.
Threads and Posts
Threads and posts may be edited or deleted (and the member warned or ban) if they contain any of the following:
- Vulgarity or sexually explicit messages or links.
- If you have to post a viewing warning for what you are about to post, it does not belong on the board.
- Personal attacks
- Offensive or harassing posts
- Trolling---posts designed to bait others into destructive discussions
- Personal gripes with forum staff or volunteers
- Targeting a person because of race, sexual orientations or religion
- Unauthorized advertisements
- Multiple posts to gain attention to oneself.
- Displaying private information about another member... email address etc.
- Private messages between members within the forums.
- Messages written strictly in CAPS
- Nonsensical posts
- Email addresses...for the safety of our members, we don't allow email addresses to be posted on the boards. If you want to contact someone, please do so via private pm.
Ownership and Copyright
All original posts, text and pictures posted by members remain the property of the members. However, Paranormal Soup reserves the shared copyright of text and pictures posted by members of the boards. By posting, members agree, not to edit/delete their text causing an entire thread to become unreadable! By posting pictures, the members grant Paranormal Soup the right to use, reproduce, and display said pictures with its affiliated websites.
Are fine but need to be of a reasonable size (use mod banners as a gauge). Advertising personal sites are allowed but only as a text link in your signature and please, only one text link per signature! However, we reserve the right to delete text links that lead to places with questionable content.
Profile Interests (Added: 4 January 2018).
Please limit your profile interest to one or two short paragraphs. We reserve the right to edit overly long "Interest" text. A good rule of thumb is keeping text below 60 words.
- No political or religious debated threads...they will be deleted… off-topic forum included.
- No political or religious profiles, signatures or avatars. They will be removed without warning.
- No post "bumping".
- No posts or "click here for" inviting members to your new board/site/blog...again, we are not a billboard for advertising other sites, and such posts will be removed, and the member ban without question or warning.
- Siphoning of current members to your (or someone else's) websites through our PM or Email System will result in an automatic ban. (No matter HOW long you've been a member.)
~ The off topic forums are monitored the same as the paranormal forums for content. Any posts related to the paranormal or topics not related to that forum may be moved to the appropriate forum at moderators discretion.
~ Please keep in mind that we will only delete posts with due cause. We do not want our members to feel inhibited in any way from expressing their views and thoughts.
~ Offenders will be dealt with on a person to person basis and a warning could be issued.
~ Any following offences could result in limited privileges of forum use.
Continued disregard for forum rules could result in your account being deleted.
If you feel a post was deleted unfairly or you feel that a post is
inappropriate you can contact board monitors. Either by PM or the report tab. Posting your rant on the board could result in your account being banned or deleted.
Above all....Be respectful to one another…and remember, in sharing, we learn.
Although our members and staff enjoy assisting and advising each other in a helpful manner, we acknowledge that this advice is given in good faith and without liability as we are not professional counselors.