I'm Scared To Sleep In My Own Room

• You cannot reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic

#1 WhispersInTheAttic

EVP

• GS Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:12 AM

For about almost two months I've been sleeping with my light on. In the beginning I had nightmares and they've been getting gradually worse. As if something or someone is attacking me. I know I'm not crazy cause in the beginning this is what I truly thought. Inside one dream I couldn't get off of my bed because I was being pinned down and it was some sort of entity and it was growling and talking to me. However I couldn't make out what they were saying at all because I was full of fright.

Well I ended up waking up and all I felt was fear and I actually heard it inside of my room. First I thought it was sleep paralysis, but this has been going on for awhile now. I feel hate and I feel anger and I feel as if I'm being stared out with intense anger and full of hate... like it wants me dead. I'm deadly scared and I've basically became an insomniac and been sleeping with the light on each time I go to bed now and my TV is on all night. Locked my door and I feel safe. During certain hours of the night I'm woken up and I have no idea why.

Tried to talk to people about it, but they passed it off saying I'm imagining it or that I'm making a big deal out of nothing. The nightmares started back in November and it's around the time when I stopped speaking to someone who was toxic and affecting my life. I have no idea if this goes hand in hand at all but this is when the nightmares started and when I started feeling this horrible presence in my room. Just feel anger and full of hate. Once I actually crawled out of bed to sleep out in the living room because it got that bad. :cwy: I'm really worried because this never happened to me before and before November I was sleeping perfectly fine with no occurrences happening inside of my bedroom.
My Signature

Posted Image

#2 MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,366 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 01 February 2018 - 12:34 PM

Aw, I am so sorry you are going through this. I'm not sure how to help. The only way I know how to handle things like that is to act like they don't bug you, and act like you're not afraid. (Even if you are)

If you have religion, asking your deity of choice for help could work too, I feel braver when I ask for their help.
My Signature
Posted Image

#3 LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 01 February 2018 - 12:56 PM

I had an issue with the house we had in my earliest memories.  I would have the same 2 reoccurring nightmares that happened all the time.  They were very scary for a 5-6 year old.  I still remember them very well today.  Then there was that one time I fell out of bed and bloodied my nose.   My sisters who were still awake heard me hit the floor and ran in to check on me.  I was not on the ground to the side of the bed.  I was halfway between the bed and bedroom door with a small puddle of blood from my nose under my face.  Almost like something picked me up and dropped me there.  I have no recollection of being picked up and dropped.  Just waking up and my sisters picking me up.  Only years later did my oldest sister ask me if I remembered and where I was on the floor.

My oldest sister had an unnerving experience in that same room.  She prayed non stop one night until the "presence" went away from her.  It never left the house before we did

Edited by Louczar, 01 February 2018 - 01:22 PM.

My Signature
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#4 lorac61469

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:24 PM

Iím not saying that youíre not experiencing something paranormal but I think the first thing you should do is talk to your doctor about your sleep issues.

You could be having hypnopompic/hypnagogic hallucinations along with sleep paralysis.

If you are truly suffering from insomnia and sleep deprivation you could be having some type of hallucination due to that.

https://www.verywell...nations-3014669

https://www.sleepass...s-during-sleep/

Edited by lorac61469, 01 February 2018 - 01:27 PM.

#5 MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,366 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:04 PM

View Postlorac61469, on 01 February 2018 - 01:24 PM, said:

I'm not saying that you're not experiencing something paranormal but I think the first thing you should do is talk to your doctor about your sleep issues.

You could be having hypnopompic/hypnagogic hallucinations along with sleep paralysis.

If you are truly suffering from insomnia and sleep deprivation you could be having some type of hallucination due to that.

https://www.verywell...nations-3014669

https://www.sleepass...s-during-sleep/

I want to add to this. Going to the doctor and getting some general tests done can help. I got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in october. Before that, I was having a really hard time with anxiety, depression, hallucinations, insomnia, paranoia, ect. I was having daily panic attacks for no reason. SInce I started my medicines (diabetes meds and thyroid), insulin, eating better, and more exercise, a lot of what I was experiencing has died down about 70%. Yes, we still have spirits wandering the house, my hubby and mom have seen them too. So it is true that you can be experiencing a haunting and have a hidden medical issue.
My Signature
Posted Image

#6 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:44 PM

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling safe in your room, that should be your sanctuary! I agree with what others have recommended that getting a doctors advice and rule out anything that is physical. Please let us know how you go
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#7 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:33 AM

I too am sorry you are going through this!

I think regardless you need to take back your control!

It is making its presence felt, and, when it does you need to say it isn't welcome in your room or house and it has to go away.

I understand that some might think to ignore it but it isn't playing by those rules.

When you feel this heaviness start your own feelings of love warmth and comfort, push those feelings out into your room and house. Visualise a white light moving out in front and all around you and growing to take up space. It is a light of pure love and energy nothing dark can stay there.

This light is whatever belief or faith system you have and don't be afraid to tell it to take a hike, not so nicely! Oh and keep the light on if it is helping you to sleep or get a nightlight :yes:  

Please keep us updated.

P.S. I think you should go with your gut with regards to the person you stopped talking to!
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#8 Thatoneguywithoutausername

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:51 PM

If you feel like an evil presence is watching you then I agree...get checked by your doctor first. Then consult a priest if the problem persists. As for telling it to go away...please don't do that...that will just temp it to "play" with you even more. If it is a presence. Be careful.

#9 Acea

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:13 PM

You could be travelling on the Lower Astral Planes while in a sleep state and not know it, which could be dangerous. I suggest you do some research on Astral Projection and the Lower Astral Planes.

#10 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:32 PM

Hello and welcome to the boards Acea

WhispersInTheAttic I hope you are doing OK and things have settled down,
My Signature
Posted Image

#11 Acea

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 02:27 PM

Wondering if there is an update? How are things?

#12 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:20 PM

Yes let's hope no news is good news :heart:
My Signature
Posted Image

#13 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators