Most Liked Content

#586046 Photo Making The Rounds On The Internet

Posted kevinscan on 09 October 2017 - 03:29 PM

I found some examples of camera blur just for interest.
Posted Image

A man standing still at the top of an escalator while other people are getting off, long exposure.

Posted Image

A shopping mall with   long exposure, almost everyone on the stairs is blurred

Just examples for comparison..

#585599 Kristen's Pictures

Posted Tarinya on 30 September 2017 - 07:51 PM

I don't think anyone is trying to insinuate that you aren't having experiences, but, I do feel like you're trying too hard to validate those experiences with photos. Some of the pics, I haven't been able to make out what I'm even looking at and others I just don't see anything. Photo's are difficult when dealing with something paranormal. It's very rare to actual catch anything, but if you WANT it to be something your mind usually will find what you want to see.
At some point I think you have to focus on what you're FEELING and the experiences you are having and try to deal with those. Though fear, grief, anxiety, unhappiness, etc can all lead us to think things are happening that maybe aren't.
Ultimately, everything posted here is our opinions of what you're sharing with us. We aren't there with you, we don't see and hear and feel the things that you do. And many of us are extremely skeptical. We're always looking for the natural, logical explanations.

#585563 Kristen's Pictures

Posted Vlawde on 30 September 2017 - 07:44 AM

View PostKristin, on 29 September 2017 - 02:44 PM, said:

I do want an explanation for all these photos the problem is with the explanations that the last site I was on didn't make any sense. Plus the people on that site were I am sorry to say very rude. I know these photos don't make sense but I know they are what they are. I just want to understand how and maybe it is explainable and fear made me see things. IDK that's why I keep trying to find some kind of answer.

I tend to agree with Lorac. At least to my eyes, there is nothing out of the ordinary in the photos so far. We have glare, reflections, dark lighting etc, which are perfect to make one try to see something that may not be there.No one can say there may not be activity since it happened to you, not them. But you might be trying too hard to try and validate your experiences by trying to find something in your photos

#586043 Photo Making The Rounds On The Internet

Posted The_Dead_Shall_Rise_Again on 09 October 2017 - 01:19 PM

i think a healthy discussion like this really adds to any forum and should continue.It is a good picture worth hearing all possible explanations about.

#586478 Your World

Posted Jim@GhostStudy on 15 October 2017 - 01:51 AM

EVP, your photo captures are amazing. And that flower is like the most magnificent capture of a rose I have ever seen in my life... and I really mean that.

Thank you for a such a rare treat in this early morning hour (3:00 am).

Posted Image

#586286 Hi I Like Taking Pictures

Posted Mr.747 on 13 October 2017 - 05:58 PM

Posted Image

#585996 Photo Making The Rounds On The Internet

Posted EVP on 08 October 2017 - 06:07 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 08 October 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

I'm not convinced it's long exposure.

Vlawde... did this come from another forum you visit? Or a website? What are they saying in the comments there?

Chances are the image was taken with a small sensor cellphone that requires essentially outdoor light to properly expose without dragging the shutter unless the subject matter is close to a fired flash which it is not. 95% of all images are now captured with cellphones. BTW- EXIF data has preserved one piece of data suggesting the EXIF was formulated by Motorola. Thus definitely a cellphone.

Wikipedia defines long exposure as follows:

Long-exposure, time-exposure, or slow-shutter photography involves using a long-duration shutter speed to sharply capture the stationary elements of images while blurring, smearing, or obscuring the moving elements. Long-exposure photography captures one element that conventional photography does not: an extended period of time.

This image definitely qualifies as a long exposure.

I recently mentioned that people's memory for detail are exponentially affected as time passes.  I have no doubt with the amount of activity viewed clearly in this image, recall of details are compromised. Another fact that many courtroom testimonies are thrown out of court because of huge inaccuracies with detail and timelines.

Just because someone says there wasn't a little girl in the room at the time unfortunately doesn't make it fact. There are still plenty of people who believe the world is flat (flatliners) but it doesn't make it truth.

I conclude with a high level of certainty that a long shutter was required (camera basics) & memory of all participates was compromised because of excessive activity and a significant lapse of time without documentation.

Always use natural explanations first and once all are exhausted examine what might be left. There is far more in favor of camera function and lack of recall that the "white little girl" is a ghost IMO. There isn't any supportive evidence the image is spiritual in nature.

Jim this dissertation wasn't meant to appear directed at you but the "long exposure" correction was.

#585858 Something Is In My House!

Posted EVP on 05 October 2017 - 02:28 PM

View PostMenet, on 05 October 2017 - 06:37 AM, said:

Thank you, EVP, for that very warm welcome.  I'm glad to be back and I'm glad that you are here.   I can't think of anyone better to take with them than you when it comes to exploring haunted places.

Can you tell me why ghost hunter's take before and after pictures.  I've never understood it.  Documentation?  There is seldom anything before or after an anomalous capture.  Is it all about lighting?

Thanks Menet!

Can you tell me why ghost hunter's take before and after pictures?  I've never understood it.

Many investigators feel that there is a strong possibility of evidence if only one of the images contains the anomaly. The one frame to their logic suggests a change in conditions. If the preserved anomaly is observed in multiple frames, further investigation of the location can reap a simple explanation if it is a long-standing condition. Phenomena usually is very brief when it manifest although there are exceptions.

Unfortunately, there is faulty logic in that determination unless controls are implemented during the investigation. Even then, there still is possibility of human error. Evidence collection is most often reviewed days later and phenomena is usually detected during the data sifting.

Our team mostly monitors during an investigation from a home base where all investigators are accounted. When we performed dark vigils, we camp out in one location in groups and we documented who, what, where and timestamp. I have seen many an investigations where you have investigators wandering around, creating noise with no documentation supporting their movement. Several days later, the data is reviewed and someone detects phantom footsteps (investigators moving) or anomalous lights (flashlights) caught in video. No one is going to remember without a log that “John & David” were roaming at that time.

I learned early in my tenure the pitfalls of data sifting. If possible, investigations needs to be conducted real-time not days after when our minds can no longer remember miniscule details. There have been plenty of scientific studies in event retention and we become exponentially forgetful in a very short period. We also have difficulty in retelling events after the fact and the more we tell the story, the more it changes. Remember the old game telephone. In fact, criminal testimony from witnesses are most often discredited because of inaccuracies.

A good read is Scientific Paranormal Investigation: How to Solve Unexplained Mysteries by Benjamin Radford. I must warn you, if you are en-wrapped with strong belief systems with the paranormal, this book will test you and could anger your inner self. Radford is a hardcore skeptic part of the Randi brand and at times very brutal chastising the ghost hunter. I do respect him. He sharpened my critical thinking process during an investigation.

Documentation?

To be more concise, a picture of a dwelling(s), room(s), entrances and hallways that would be included in a report resulting from an investigation. Quite often including an image in a report when describing an event allows a more thorough understanding of a situation described in text.

There is seldom anything before or after an anomalous capture.

As mentioned above, most phenomena is observed only for a brief moment. It is believed the energy needs specific conditions to manifest and lasts typically a fraction of a second before extinguishing like a light bulb being turned off.

I personally have only witnessed phenomena collectively a couple of times but on two occasions, it was not a fraction of a second. The phenomena lasted once for 10 seconds. It is quite possible my perception of time when that took place was misrepresented. When that happens your mind is thrown into a quandary and I can see time being misplaced for a variety of reasons.

Is it all about lighting?

I personally believe controlling lighting during an investigation is crucial. Using off camera lighting for still cameras, video camera is vital unless you enjoy sifting through footage of naturally created orbs created by humans, nature, dog dander caught between the lens and flash used.

We had our surveillance system cameras modified shortly after purchase. IR lights were swarmed around the video lens on each camera. Our technical manager modified the IR lights so they could be turned off with a toggle. We experimented with UV-A (black lights) and with IR panels well away from the cameras to reduce light bounce from the contaminated air.

Another good read on Orbs:

http://ghostgadgets....ledge/orbs.html

In my opinion, most orbs can be explained. Controlling the conditions will reduce the red herrings. There are exceptions but scientists explain it as possibly ball lightning or ignited swamp gas.

I have once observed a self-illuminating orb with a 3-foot long tail meander almost with purpose for several seconds among several tombstones before disappearing. The jury is out on that one event but it was definitely worthy to witness.

#585797 Some Odd/frightening Things Happening In And Outside Of My Home

Posted Vlawde on 04 October 2017 - 03:35 PM

INDRID Cold! ;)

https://northatlanti...e-grinning-man/

He actually is part of the Mothman lore

http://weekinweird.c...an-called-cold/

I had heard about Cold when reading John Keel's book the Mothman Prophecies. It sounds like there actually was someone with that name (or using that name)

#585752 Ghost Orb Outside?

Posted darknesswolf on 03 October 2017 - 06:53 AM

hey guys :)
I passed down the same road where this pic was made.
seems to be just a rooftop through the trees.. so nothing special, sorry!
darn! I really thought I got something this time!
won't stop me from doing further ghost photography :)
and this time, I'll watch out for  rooftops...

#585635 Kristen's Pictures

Posted siguie on 01 October 2017 - 01:15 PM

View Postlorac61469, on 30 September 2017 - 07:29 AM, said:

So basically you're saying that you know they're paranormal. Is that what I'm reading?

Because if it's answers you're really looking for I believe we've addressed what the could be, folded pants, motion blur, low light, pixelated photos, reflections.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the word pareidolia?

Definition of pareidolia

:the tendency to perceive a specific, often meaningful image in a random or ambiguous visual pattern
The scientific explanation for some people is pareidolia, or the human ability to see shapes or make pictures out of randomness. Think of the Rorschach inkblot test.

Actually I think the problem is less pareidolia and more "observer-expectancy effect" basically she knows SOMETHING is going on ... after all there was her childs experience along with her husband and then even her own. Now that she is looking for answers she's taking photos/videos in order to get that and anything not quite right is suspect and being attributed to whatever is happening to her.

This kind of thing is both common and understandable considering the situation :yes:

Kristin, think of this like you are a stalking victim who sees signs/evidence of their stalker all around them. What you see may indeed be correct BUT here we are acting as the police investigators trying to make sure what you present is truly evidence. Because photo and video artifacts are common, once you add in pareidolia and what you expect to see ... well that's where things get complicated. It may be the entity you suspect, it may be multiple entities working together, it may be some other paranormal activity all together or it may be nothing at all :no: We are just trying to be objective and figure out what is what making as few assumptions as possible :yes:

#585452 Kristen's Pictures

Posted lorac61469 on 28 September 2017 - 09:23 PM

Wouldn't the figure you see in the mirror be the photographer? I mean her reflection has to be somewhere.

#585338 Strange Lights....

Posted Vlawde on 26 September 2017 - 10:38 AM

I think many ufo's are our own secret military craft. I don't necessarily buy that the rest are all aliens. I believe there's an interdimensional aspect to them. Possibly some mind messing and illusions too

#586629 Your World

Posted KlaineyGStudy on Today, 03:44 AM

LOL This is our road when we have heavy rain and one of my kids clowning around :D getting the boat out to go to town :no:

Posted Image

#586516 What Is Your Story?

Posted EVP on 15 October 2017 - 07:10 PM

View PostMenet, on 15 October 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

Take a read because Mr. Persinger's boat sank. Now Benjamin R. ended this article with....Until it can be demonstrated that generalized, nonclinical EMF's can create the psychological perception of ghostly phenomena, there is no investigative value in detecting such fields.  If ghost hunters are certain that common household EMF's can create hallucinations, there are simple ways to test the theory.

I have a book written by Radford and he's brutally nasty with paranormal investigators. EM does indeed affect everyone differently. According to what I have read, Persinger tested over many years under laboratory conditions. Honestly just because Radford doesn't endorse the study, that doesn't mean Persingers work be discarded. Look into Barry Taff's investigation at the Tate house. He won't even go back into that location because the intensity of the EMF fields. A regular compass just continues to spin. 95 percent of all investigators leave horribly sick because of the toxic natural geomagnetic conditions there. Taff said the only way he would go back there there was with a full fledged EM suit to protect himself.

There's plenty of accounts where high EM fields have seemingly had a link to etheric experiences, angel sightings, hallucinations, feelings of being watched etc. I have had my share.

I was forced to leave an outdoor location within ten minutes because my body was being purged of energy. My Tri-field Natural meter would not settle and I had never seen this happen before. It wasn't from the battery. I swapped out 3 batteries with the same results. My fellow investigator complained similarly and felt our health was in danger. Call it what you want but both of us went back to her place and slept 12 hours straight feeling exhausted even when we woke.

Back in 2009 we were invited to the Concord Inn in MA for an investigation. Room 24 seemed to be the most active according to the guests. The room overnight regularly went for $250.00. We were offered the room to investigate at "no charge". Unfortunately the proprietors room was directly below and he fell asleep with the TV at full blast. The poor man had broken his leg the week before and passed out from pain killer medication.

We saw the investigation as a complete wash because of the audio contamination and the abundance of contaminant suspended in the air visibly saturated in the video footage illuminated from the IR. We decided to roam the hallways late at night to at least justify our long drive to get to the location.

This was the first night we had brought the human EMF detector with us and discovered just how sensitive he was. In short order our video tech had said, "I periodically feel like I'm being watched as we roam the hallways." The sensation become stronger and then weakens. BTW, our human EMF detector's occupation (our video technician) was a protein purification scientist. He was very skeptical about paranormal activity but extremely curious. Our tech manager (not our video technician) walked back to our room and soon emerged with a Lutron 822 AC meter. It had been used many times before but we only saw small fluctuations from 2-6 mG.

Our tech manager held it up to the overhead battery powered lighting stations for emergency use spread out in 30 foot gaps along the hallways. This is what we saw.

Posted Image

Yes 103 mG. Our video tech had already left the area and vomited in the hotel bathroom. When he came back we tested with him for over an hour. We followed him around and when it became really intense we'd document the readings. When he felt the feeling subside we'd monitor again. We documented carefully. The emergency lighting stations were ancient and all produced high AC EMF Our study was not scientific or in a controlled environment but the readings don't lie unless of course your support the placebo effect causing the vomiting.

Here's my suggestion, don't accept the word at face value from a person unwilling to look outside their own box. I know I don't, I don't trust either side so I choose to explore and find out.
I really enjoy making my own discoveries and drawing my conclusions by persona experience, data, measurements, documentation and an open mind.

#586491 Our Halloween Contest... Please Join In!

Posted MacCionoadha BeanSidhe on 15 October 2017 - 05:59 AM

Sorry, but this is more than forty-five words.

As I was walking past the Turtle Island's cemetery, I heard a strange sound. Kissy, kissy... I walked into cemetery and was surprise to find a huge purple toad and it was VERY hungry. With the toad in hot pursuit, I ran through the bug infested graveyard. I spotted a haunted tomb and ran in side. Looking around, I see a flame thrower? I grab it and proceeded to BBQ as many crunchy spiders as I could. Luckily, there was enough to fill him up. As I quickly left, I looked back and the toad had changed into Pooky!

#586488 Our Halloween Contest... Please Join In!

Posted Dazzled Dad on 15 October 2017 - 05:36 AM

I realize I'm being disqualified for using way over 45 words...but who cares :th_sarcastic_blum: .
Here goes:

During their honeymoon on Turtle Island she began to change, especially after they found an old cemetery hidden in the woods.
The small mausoleum in the center immediately gave him the creeps. It had all the characteristics of a haunted tomb.
He didn't know why he almost panicked when he saw the strange, purple door knocker on the tomb's door. It was shaped like a toad.
A purple toad door knocker?
On a mausoleum door?
Why would anyone knock on a mausoleum door?
She wanted to take a look inside, and of course she knocked three times before she went in.

That night, back in the hotel room, she began to act weird. First she would go all kissy kissy on him and just seconds later she stumbled back,
her face white as a sheet, screaming "I didn't want to be! I didn't want to be!" He decided to take her to a doctor first thing in the morning.

He woke up when she climbed on top of him in the middle of the night. For a moment he thought she just wanted to have a little fun,
then he saw the crazy look in her eyes and the knife she held high above her head.

"O Lord of the holy Purple Toad, please accept this sacrifice!" were the last words he ever heard.

#586471 Your World

Posted moiraesfate on 14 October 2017 - 09:37 PM

Our backyard during a heavy rain. Posted Image

And this is from where I grew up.

Posted Image

No, I didn't grow up on a farm, I grew up in a town. This is nearby.

#586465 Our Halloween Contest... Please Join In!

Posted earthlydelitesGStudy on 14 October 2017 - 08:33 PM

I'm not good a shortening my sentences so here you go....

It was a dark night on Turtle Island, and Pooky was sick of everyone making fun of him all the time, just because he liked to eat crunchy spiders.

“I’ll show them!” he muttered to himself as he refueled the flame thrower.

Lying in wait for the next GS member to blame him for farting again, Pooky stroked his pet purple toad and laughed.

“Ever wondered where your favorite members go all of a sudden, GS members?” Pooky yelled into the darkness

“ Well you will get to see them all soon when I send you to the haunted tomb!”

#586460 New Paranormal Bingo Game

Posted MacCionoadha BeanSidhe on 14 October 2017 - 08:14 PM

NEW PARANORMAL BINGO GAME RULES

How the Paranormal Bingo game will go: I will list thirty-five(35) paranormal terms on the 15th of each month. You will pick 15 words and Private Message them to me; this will be considered your bingo card. Bingo cards will only be accepted from the 15th to the 28th of each month for the following month's bingo. PM's received after the 28th of the month will not be confirmed. You will receive an answer from me confirming your bingo card picks, before the 1st of the month. If you do not get a PM confirming, please let me know by PM or by posting in the bingo thread.

Please make sure you keep a list of the terms, that you have chosen for your bingo card. In that way, you can check off the called words. One word will be picked per day and posted in the thread. The 1st person to get all 15 terms(that you have PM'd me with), will post "BINGO!" in the thread and will be the winner once confirmed. At that time, I will award the winner fifteen Pooky Points. To win, you must post "BINGO!" before the next day's term is called. If there is more than one winner, the points will be given to the person who posted "BINGO!" first. We will play Paranormal Bingo in three-months hands, for a total of four rounds (three-hands = one round), and the person who accumulates the most Pooky Points will be the winner.

If after playing all three hands of Bingo, there is a tie score amongst the hand winners, I'll set up a "Sudden Death Round"* and then whoever posts "Bingo!" first wins the round.

After all rounds of the year are played, and if we again have a tie for points, then we will play another hand of "Sudden Death" PB and the winner of the SD round will be declared the winner.

*The "Sudden Death Round" will be played just as the regular Paranormal Bingo game was. I will post a list fifteen(15) paranormal terms. You will pick five(5) words and Private Message them to me. These picks will be considered your "Sudden Death" card. You will receive a PM confirming your "Sudden Death" card picks. If you do not receive a confirmation PM, please let me know by PM or by posting in the Bingo thread. I will then post five words once per day, and the first person to post "BINGO!" will be the winner of the Paranormal Bingo game and receive a Custom Status Tag.

You are responsible for keeping track of your own bingo card. I have your card only as a reference to check when someone posts "BINGO!" and to confirm you for the game. If possible, please print this out and keep for reference! Hope you will all join me in this. I think this is going to be a blast. Any questions, please ask. See you on the 15th with the paranormal terms!

November Paranormal Bingo Game Pick List

1. Hot Reading
2. Hypnosis
3. Ignis fatuus
4. Illusion
5. Intuition
6. Levitation
7. Life Review
8. Lucid Dreaming
9. Magnetometer (EMF, gaussmeter)
10. Marian Apparition
11. Materialization