• GS Member
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Photography-Black and White
    Music
    Art
    People
    Anything that deals with being outdoors

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:52 PM

When i was pregnant with my baby boy, who is now 2 1/2 months, I came down with pharyngitis. I was very weak, barely made it to my doctors and he gave me meds. I barely made it home and spent 3 days in bed. I had two other children to take care of as well. I couldnt get out of bed, eat or drink, could barely lift my arm or my head on my own. I was in really bad shape, and was 5 months pregnant. The night I thought I was gonna die, because of how weak i was and i just had that feeling...I received a call at 2:30am, that my best friend/grandmother suddenly passed away. I didnt have a chance to say goodbye or anything. Later that morning, I started feeling better, i could get out of bed, slowly, eat popsicles, drink water out of a straw. I was gaining my strength back.

would you call this coincidence or something else?
*Jessica Lynne, a Sensitive and an Empath*

#2 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:24 AM

Good morning, Jessica:

Let's kick the word "coincidence" right out of the picture.  I'll can tell you why:  because you are a sensitive and an empath.  Coincidence is too easy for some people to use when they have little understanding of what can affect (sp) people with your abilities.  I'm not a know it all here by any means since I am not an empath yet I do understand ties to people, especially family and how we can be effected by them even from a distance and the inability to put a finger on what is wrong but definitely know that something is wrong.  The result of that tie (sensitive/empathy) can raise anxiety and all emotions and feelings tied to it.

Having an answer can alleviate all that anxiety associated with illness (yours and anothers whom you were very close to)  Let's call it something else.
Find an old place with history, with people and learn all its nuances.

#3 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:40 AM

IMO: I think it's pretty far reaching to think this is not coincidental.

Edited by CDS, 21 October 2016 - 03:41 AM.

#4 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:02 AM

After a day or three of antibiotics you're going to feel much better all at once.   It depends on the type of drug and how sick you are.

If she had been sick and you didn't know it,  your illness mimicked hers,  the doctors found nothing wrong with you and then what you described happened sure.  

I think we have to be very careful to not make connections that aren't there.
Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#5 JLynne37

JLynne37

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 15 posts
    Music
    Art
    People

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:42 AM

Thank you for your input, I actually started the meds the night before i started feeling better, thats the only reason why i ask

#6 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:08 PM

Gosh darn, J.Lynne...I lost all my links....GRRR.  For you especially but in reply to our friends also. Let's see if I can wing it.

I know what it is like to struggle with the gifts we are given. (and when I say gifts, I'm being polite because they can cause us a lot of needless grief) It's the confidence in ourselves and in using the gifts we have that is the toughest to learn.  Confidence, self-confidence.

Now I read what people write, but do not read people.  Empaths are very good at it.

If you have never looked up the word coincidence, please do so.  (And you too CDS)   It's very meaning is questionable.  It's like opening a can of worms.  And don't short change yourself take a good read, either out of books or the net.  It's an interesting word and depending on how far you are willing to look into it, it has a hash tag called Synchronicity. (hope I spelled that right)

Here's a link:

https://www.psycholo...empathic-people

It's only fair after reading this to go out there and inspect the intuitive side of the empath and there are dozens of sites.  I can only remember the 30 plus signs which didn't impress me but there are many others and Depak Chopra (have I spelled that right?) has some interesting views on that word...coincidence.

Now you probably have done a lot of looking on your own and all I can say is...I couldn't help myself.

You Go Girl!!   Don't you love paranormal boards?  I do.  lol

Edited by Menet, 21 October 2016 - 12:10 PM.

Find an old place with history, with people and learn all its nuances.

#7 JLynne37

JLynne37

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 15 posts
    Music
    Art
    People

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:12 PM

Thank you so much, I'm definitely up for advice and more info. I want to learn it all since I'll be working with this the rest of my life. Now that it's becoming more strong, I'm furthering my curiosity due to the experiences I've been having as of late.

#8 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:24 PM

View PostMenet, on 21 October 2016 - 12:08 PM, said:

Gosh darn, J.Lynne...I lost all my links....GRRR.  For you especially but in reply to our friends also. Let's see if I can wing it.

I know what it is like to struggle with the gifts we are given. (and when I say gifts, I'm being polite because they can cause us a lot of needless grief) It's the confidence in ourselves and in using the gifts we have that is the toughest to learn.  Confidence, self-confidence.

Now I read what people write, but do not read people.  Empaths are very good at it.

If you have never looked up the word coincidence, please do so.  (And you too CDS)   It's very meaning is questionable.  It's like opening a can of worms.  And don't short change yourself take a good read, either out of books or the net.  It's an interesting word and depending on how far you are willing to look into it, it has a hash tag called Synchronicity. (hope I spelled that right)

I do not need to look it up. I know what it means. Yours is not the only opinion in this forum.

#9 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,853 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:54 PM

I'm sure everyone here, has their own opinion on what the word means, to each his own. So, please everyone act nicely. We don't need turmoil. I'm sure JLynne37, didn't ask for that. As to my opinion, of the word Coincidence means, it's a chance occurrence of events, which are remarkable either for happening simultaneously or from an apparent connection.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: paranormal, life/death, sickness, pregnancy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users