• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 sherinator

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:59 PM

Hi Everyone,

A friend and I started a YouTube channel where we explore places at night, though only a couple of videos at the moment, it's been a while since doing anymore due to some personal issues.

Anyway, in our first video we visited a cemetary in North Wales. Whilst we were stood by a mass grave of nuns, a voice was captured on the video. We didn't hear the voice at the time, only when editing the video. What do you think? If you just want to hear the voice, skip to around the 2:50 minute mark and it will be around there. I subtitled it with what we thought it said, but what does everyone else think?

*No trespassing took place. The cemetary is on a mountain in North Wales and is open 24/7.

https://www.youtube....h?v=6SeWtKpClFk

#2 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:08 AM

Interesting but hard to really know what was said. Thanks for sharing :yes:
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 SarahB1863

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 289 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:28 PM

I don't think it's a voice. There's a lot of wind distortion on the audio; I think it's just the wind kind of "whistling" and causing distortion that sounds like a voice.

#4 LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 05 June 2018 - 04:37 AM

It's hard for me to hear that it's a voice.  Not saying it's not.  It's just hard for my ears.  Keep it up.  With your determination, I bet you will get a good one!
My Signature
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#5 sherinator

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:20 AM

I think we will get a good one too. We’re heading to an abandoned asylum in the dead of night in the next couple of weeks, so hopefully we’ll get something good while we’re there.

#6 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:50 PM

Yeah you you need a fuzzy wind guard :yes:

Just google "diy fuzzy wind guard" they are called lots of different things like pop filters, wind shield, dead cats, fuzzies, etc but the point is to put something furry over the mic to stop the wind BUT without messing up the frequency response. If you are using a camcorder with an extended mic fuzzy seat belt guards work well otherwise if you are using something like an action cam with built in :carp: microphone try double sided tape around the mic {not over} and a cotton ball that you pull apart and dab over the tape. The last one is very temporary and you want to make sure nothing can blow over the lens but it's cheap and works :yes:
My Signature
- siguie -

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com