KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 04:10 AM

Attached File  Untitled.png   504.12K   2 downloads
Check the house out here

This is a great story of a beautiful home that was built in the late 1800s, it is located at 1 La Veta Place  Nyack, NY 10960. The house is known to be haunted and even made its way into the pages of Reader's Digest and the local newspapers. The owner, Mrs Ackley, bought the property back in 1960 she described seeing two women in hoop dresses and a little man in a Revolutionary War-era red coat and a lot of activity over the years.

Fast forward to 1989 the house went up for sale and an interested buyer Jeffrey Stambovsky entered into a contract to purchase the house. Stambovsky made a $32,500 downpayment on the agreed price of $650,000 for the house. However, Stambovsky was told the house's history and had a change of heart two weeks after contracts were signed and wanted out of the contract.  The case went to court.

Ultimately the case settled out of court in Stambovsky's favour, but along the way, the New York Supreme Court ruled the home legally haunted. :fright:

A twist to the story

The house's estimated value is now a whopping $2,024,821.
It seems the publicity didn't hurt the house at all :no:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 18 March 2019 - 08:20 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 18 March 2019 - 04:10 AM, said:

A twist to the story

The house's estimated value is now a whopping $2,024,821.
It seems the publicity didn't hurt the house at all :no:

Good or bad publicity all works in the end. :yes:

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 10:51 PM

Too true MacC :yes:
Posted Image

#4 GothickangelCa

GothickangelCa

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Artist, Blogger, Goth.
    Shamanism, Paranormal, Occult (Research Only), Astral Projection, Travel and Camping.

Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:36 PM

After growing up in a haunted house myself. With a spirit child it can have good and bad moments.
My grandparents home was in the family since the 1800s and was sold recently. 3 family members from my life time have died in there plus many more before that. Plus it was a mortuary during the early 1800s years. It sold for like $220,000 CDN, I don't think the realtors or family told them of the deaths nor history. Well see what happens in a few years if it sells alot or gets abandoned.
I'm sure they would be contacting family members if they eventually want to find out the history. And I'm sure I would be one of them. I'm the go to person in my family for the odd and paranormal.

But it would be interesting to see where that haunted house goes. Some people don't mind living and co-existing with spirits. I know I don't.

Light and Shadow. A place where the line is blurred between both worlds.

Nothing is as it seems. Shadow doesn't always mean evil and light doesn't always mean divine.

Posted Image

#5 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:45 PM

:yes: it would be interesting. Keep us update if anyone contacts the family :good:
Posted Image

#6 Brantdag

Brantdag

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Bowling

Posted 23 March 2019 - 02:50 AM

I remember one house I lived in with my parents and sister. It was a rental and really run down when we moved in. I was an army brat and we moved around quite a bit. The house wasn't too spooky but I used to get the creeps going past the laundry. If I had to go there or passed it, it would always give me an uncomfortable uneasy feeling although nothing ever really happened.

Until one night.

I am a really bad sleeper.  I would go to bed about 9 and still often be awake at 11. I remember it was a school night and this night I was laying there with my eyes closed hoping for sleep when I hear a knock on my bedroom door. I am facing the wall and I hear a voice whisper are you awake? I thought it was my father (it is a male voice) I then hear can I come in? I say yeah  sure and hear faint step fall walk towards my bed and something rest their weight on the bed. It is at this time I realize I didn't hear the door open. My eyes shot open and I look behind me but can not see anyone! I look at the clock and it is only 9:15 so I don't think I dreamt it.

#7 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 10:03 PM

geez looks like the haunting part drove the price up!!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#8 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 01:09 AM

View PostearthlydelitesGStudy, on 18 April 2019 - 10:03 PM, said:

geez looks like the haunting part drove the price up!!

It sure did

View PostBrantdag, on 23 March 2019 - 02:50 AM, said:

I remember one house I lived in with my parents and sister. It was a rental and really run down when we moved in. I was an army brat and we moved around quite a bit. The house wasn't too spooky but I used to get the creeps going past the laundry. If I had to go there or passed it, it would always give me an uncomfortable uneasy feeling although nothing ever really happened.

Until one night.

I am a really bad sleeper.  I would go to bed about 9 and still often be awake at 11. I remember it was a school night and this night I was laying there with my eyes closed hoping for sleep when I hear a knock on my bedroom door. I am facing the wall and I hear a voice whisper are you awake? I thought it was my father (it is a male voice) I then hear can I come in? I say yeah  sure and hear faint step fall walk towards my bed and something rest their weight on the bed. It is at this time I realize I didn't hear the door open. My eyes shot open and I look behind me but can not see anyone! I look at the clock and it is only 9:15 so I don't think I dreamt it.

:fright: that is freaky :shocked:
Posted Image

#9 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:35 PM

View PostBrantdag, on 23 March 2019 - 02:50 AM, said:

I am a really bad sleeper.  I would go to bed about 9 and still often be awake at 11. I remember it was a school night and this night I was laying there with my eyes closed hoping for sleep when I hear a knock on my bedroom door. I am facing the wall and I hear a voice whisper are you awake? I thought it was my father (it is a male voice) I then hear can I come in? I say yeah sure and hear faint step fall walk towards my bed and something rest their weight on the bed. It is at this time I realize I didn't hear the door open. My eyes shot open and I look behind me but can not see anyone! I look at the clock and it is only 9:15 so I don't think I dreamt it.

I get the knock/rapping on my bedroom door a lot, as well. After a few times of telling them to come in or getting up and opening the door, I stopped bothering and try to ignore it. Also, I've had the feel of clothing brush against my feet, toes and elbows pinched, whispering/yelling/groaning/breathing in my ear, and felt the weight of someone bump against or sit down on my bed. Truthfully, any of these situations can be a bit disconcerting.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#10 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 07:40 PM

I agree all of those experiences are freaky!! I really don't like the sensation of people sitting on the bed. Thats a big scary nope from me!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#11 daphnerose

daphnerose

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 07:46 PM

I have walked thru a door and felt spider webs into my child's room. Total spirit. Creepy stuff happens.

#12 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:20 PM

Yes that is unsettling :yes:
Posted Image