• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 WhispersInTheAttic

WhispersInTheAttic

Banshee

• GS Member
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 11:51 AM

I just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention. So if your interested in watching the documentary, you can watch it on Discovery+

Posted Image

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,566 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 11 May 2021 - 12:41 PM

Saw that, pretty good. That's part of Shock Docs, there's also one on the real case the movie/book The Exorcist was based on
Posted Image

#3 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,891 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 12 May 2021 - 05:25 PM

The Warren cases have always been controversial with this one most notable. I won't pass judgment here but will say they continue to make lucrative money from films, books and occasionally talks despite Ed and Lorraine passing. One empirical fact remains with the Amityville house: people died from a violent death under very seedy circumstances. This case will continue to be discussed for many years from a crime standpoint and more frequently from the supernatural aspect.

Edited by EVP, 12 May 2021 - 07:11 PM.

Posted Image

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,412 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 06:54 AM

I can remember as a teenager reading this book on my way home from work. I was on a packed city train only when I finally look up a while later I realise I was now sitting in an empty part of the train. It wasn't the most comfortable of feelings.

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • 2,757 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 20 May 2021 - 04:53 PM

I did watch that episode the other night.  It is a quite questionable - the prison interview was less than Oscar worthy in my opinion and I may be wrong. My best friend of 30 years got caught up in a family that were to become his in laws. The wedding was called off because he felt he was in over his head with just open conversations and daily life style he observed with her family.  He would not let me ride anywhere with him in his truck for over a year even though we worked together.  I thought it was a case of him getting cold feet until I knew it wasn't.   We are still best friends and if anyone can get caught up in a sketchy situation - he's the guy.  It's almost comical today, he never glamorized it - he said "Michelle, I am scared, this is crazy.' We've been through a lot of things that easily could have gone bad at any second because of our jobs at the time.  I know crime families are real, but that just didn't seem to ring true to me watching his interview. Again, I might be wrong, maybe the mix of - what was it... LSD, heroin and alcohol (?) use played a role.... maybe possession but it just doesn't feel right in this case.  I completely respect the views of everyone here, that's one of the many reasons I fell in love with GS.  The fact we can discuss whatever and agree to disagree or compare individual theories and discover something we hadn't noticed prior. I love that.  So please know my intent is not to offend anyone - I have always wanted to know the truth behind what happened that night.  It does intrigue me. Klainey - so true!!!  Before I realized it I watched the back to back episodes the other night in what seemed like 15 minutes, not 2 hours! It is interesting to say the least.  PS I just finished a 24 hour shift so I may sound like a crazy person - so we'll keep that on the table as well. :crazy:
Posted Image