4 replies to this topic

#1 the evil

the evil

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:28 AM

Me and the gf just in new Orleans and was wondering if anyone can reccomend some cool spooky stuff to do. Going to book a cemetery ghost walk but we really want to ham it up :)

Thanks

#2 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:04 PM

I live in New Orleans.
Take a ghost tour (Haunted History is my personal favorite), vampire tour, or voodoo tour.
I suggest that the cemetery tours are a waste of money. While they aren't like any anywhere else in north America, there's nothing there that you can't find out yourself. The two I'd suggest seeing are St Louis #1 outside the French Quarter. Marie Leveaux is buried there. She's a very famous voodoo priestess that lived around the time of Madam and Dr LaLaurie (part of the ghost story fun, trust me). There are two traditions associated with her tomb. One is marking a black x on the outside of the tomb. DO NOT DO THIS even if you see other people do it. It's extremely illegal. Last year some idiot broke in after dark and painted a tomb pink. He has since been arrested, is going to jail for two years and was fined $24,000 for defacing a national monument. The second is to buy a little bottle of rum. Take a drink and pour half on the ground outside her tomb, then leave the bottle for her. Tradition has it that you just had a drink with Marie and she will give you good luck for a year and a day.
It's said that New Orleans is the most haunted city in the world with a ghost for every block of the city. While I sincerely doubt that, it is most definitely haunted. My hotel has several ghost stories associated with it, for example. While I won't broadcast the name of the hotel because it could be seen as advertising and therefore is not allowed, we get told stories all the time by guests.
Really any stories I tell you here will ruin the tours so I'll let you do it the fun way.
Hope you enjoy yourself. This is the perfect time of year to visit.

#3 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

Don't Mess With Me

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:34 AM

Enjoy your stay! I love New Orleans.

#4 Kwekwe

Kwekwe

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:20 AM

Loved New Orleans, the Ghost Tours were cool, even Moreso when I looked out balcony of hotel room on Chartres st of the Hotel Provincial and saw them pointing towards hotel and explaining it had been used as a hospital during the civil war. On the next block is the building that Alys Arden refers to in her wonderful Vampire fiction The Casquette Girls. The Ursuline Convent is a fun jaunt. The food is incredible, my favorites were JW Fins and of course beignets at Cafe du Monde. Boutique Du Vampyr often has signed copies of Casquette Girls on hand. When there I rarely leave the French Quarter

Edited by Kwekwe, 09 June 2016 - 08:21 AM.

Gravesend Paranormal Group https://www.youtube....LnoD411Cx2IgEbA

#5 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:03 AM

wow I'm sure there's plenty going on in New Orleans! Have a great trip!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users