8 replies to this topic

#1 onyx_angel

onyx_angel

Orb

• GS Member
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:writing, music, art, movies, paranormal, photoshop

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:14 PM

I've been looking around the board for a while and finally decided to talk about my own experiences and how I got interested in the paranormal.  When I was 5 years old I had my first experience with spirits and ever since then I wanted to know all I could.  I remember it quite vividly, my mother was in the hospital giving birth to my little sister and I was staying with my grandparents who lived next door.  We were in the living room trying to sleep (they slept in the living room for as long as I could remember lol) and I was behind my grandfather facing the back bedroom.  I was looking into the bedroom thinking about my mom when I saw this shadowy figure of a man rise out of the bed.  He appeared to look at me for a moment, in which I froze instantly scared to death, and then turned and walked towards the wall and disappeared.  I was so scared that all I could think to do was turn to face my grandfather's back and squeeze my eyes shut for the rest of the night.
     Ever since then I have noticed a lot went on in that house, i could be there all alone and I would hear people walking around in the next room whispering and when I would tell my grandmother she would just chuckle and tell me not to be scared that it was just family and they would never hurt me.  I can't say I felt the same calmness when it came to the basement.  It wasn't the basement itself that scared me like you would think, I mean what little kid isn't scared of a basement but it was when I got to the stairs and had to go back up.  Its like i could feel someone directly behind me with every step, it got so bad that I would run up the stairs at top speed most times.
     I didn't really experience anything else until we moved in with my father in the next town over.  I never felt scared in the house but my sister tells of washing the dishes one day and feeling someone tap her on the shoulder.  I was in the next room watching tv and she yelled at me for trying to scare her, when she walked to the door way and saw my confused look she realized it wasn't me.  She went on to say that she would always feel like there was someone in the kitchen with her but always ignored it.  That was the only experience we ever had in that house but we eventually moved again to a farm that had been in our family for 100 years.
     My great uncle had lived in the house previously and when he died it was decided that we would move in.  I have to say I have always been more of a home body and loved hiking in the woods so I was really looking forward to life in the country.  The house was built in the 1800's, an old 2 story farm house that my family had bought from the first owner.  After purchasing it the family built a larger barn that is still in use along with a summer kitchen and then a one room school house, that was later converted into a second home and then sold.
     Now I must explain that just like every other family we had our share of skeletons in the closet, one of which is my family has roots in the klan, something I wish I could erase.  When we were cleaning the attic out we found an old hood and I wanted to burn it on the spot my my uncle wanted to keep it for family history but ANYWAY lol, not long after that my mother saw something strange.  We had a golf cart that my uncle had used to get around the farm since he had leg troubles, my sister and I would joy ride around the pastures behind the house in it.  Mom was sitting on the back porch watching us and then suddenly called us in and asked us who was in the field with us.  Confused we said no one and she told us that she had seen a all white figure run across the field between us and her and wondered if it had been a hunter or something.  I told her that I had kept an eye on the house and that I hadn't seen anyone.
     Now I am a night owl,  I like to write and think I do best when the house is quiet so I often go down to the kitchen for a glass of tea in the middle of the night and started seeing what I thought to be a woman.  I would always catch it out of the corner of my eye as I walked into the kitchen.  She was always in the same spot in a floor length skirt and I want to say a blue blouse, the moment I would notice her and look up she would be gone.  My mom began to joke that it was auntie, my great great aunt, that lived here before my great uncle.
     I was really used to all this until the other day when I was outside working with the animals.  We raise goats and around 4pm everyday I got out and give them corn and hay.  We have them seperated at the moment so I have to walk through the lot where we have cattle during the summer and as I was walking back through it I saw a man just beyond the water troff.  He was in a green plaid shirt and jeans, kind of generic farm wear lol but I only really caught him for a second and he was gone.  All of this has really made me thrist for paranormal knowledge, I love Ghost Hunters and have really gotten into Paranormal State.  I also believe that I might be able to sense them but thats a story for another day lol.

Edited by onyx_angel, 09 January 2008 - 01:16 PM.

foolish consistancy is the hobogoblin of little minds

#2 Ms. Tify

Ms. Tify

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my family, art, scrapbooking, listening to loud music, reading, photography, writing, are you still reading this? Seriously?

Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:03 AM

Wow!  Interesting experiences - thanks for posting them.  I think it is fascinating that your grandmother was so matter of fact about the ghosts.  She sounds like a pretty cool grandma!

Sorry if this is redundant, but are you still living in this same house?
Life's a match in a gas tank, don't ever mourn the ebbing tide, just dance on fire and enjoy the ride.

#3 champell

champell

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Interests:Children<br />Animals<br />Nature<br />Ghosts<br />History

Posted 10 January 2008 - 07:20 AM

Cool stories!  You are so lucky to have grown up on a farm!

Champell

#4 Sly-Spectre

Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Drinking, Eating, Sleeping, Partying, Pool(Billiards to you Englishmen) and...Ghosts and Cryptozoology.<br /><br />I'm on Facebook look for Gerry Nix

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:16 AM

Thanks for sharing your experience! Sounds like some creepy stuff.
"Something weird is going on Jess." Simon whispered as they waited to be served. "I overheard Sara and Hector say something about 'getting back at you' in the library this morning."
Jessie thought for a moment, his face expressionless as usual.
"That's just crazy." he said. "I didn't think you even knew where the library was."

-Excerpt from my short story "Stabbed in the Front."

#5 Draco Rattus

Draco Rattus

Orb

• GS Member
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:anime, computer games, dragons, drawing, final fantasy, manga, roleplaying, wargaming, wrestling, writing

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:23 AM

Thanks for telling us all that, I'm always interested to hear about peoples' experiences and connections to the other side.  Your farm sounds great to live on, even if it must be a little spooky!
"Without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock, ticking." - Mary O' Brien, 'Equilibrium'

http://dracorattus.deviantart.com/

#6 onyx_angel

onyx_angel

Orb

• GS Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:55 PM

I still live in the same farm house yeah, the experience with the man in the lot was just two days ago, and yeah my grandma was always pretty cool about things like that.  Mom is different, she get scared pretty easily over the littlest noise lol.

#7 champell

champell

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Interests:Children<br />Animals<br />Nature<br />Ghosts<br />History

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:12 AM

Do you know if there was any slavery on your property???

Champell

#8 KISSfan

KISSfan

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 262 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:02 AM

Wow,cool story! I so envy you for living on a farm,too,I've lived in the city all my life.

Have you tried communication yet?

~She Walks By Moonlight...~

http://forgottenontario.webs.com/

#9 onyx_angel

onyx_angel

Orb

• GS Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:21 AM

Not really, I dunno I don't feel like I need to communicate with them cause it doesn't seem like they are trying to get my attention.  It feels like ever so often they just remind me that they are there.  I had a new experience the other day actually, I am a night owl so during the night me going down into the kitchen isn't something new.  I had went to the kitchen around 2 to get a glass of lemonade, I was standing at the sink filling my glass with water when I heard a woman's voice.  I thought it might have been my sister so I turned and didn't see anything.  I walked into the living room and no one was there and then into the office and it was empty too.  I thought it was nothing so I walked back into the kitchen and I heard whispers again.  I just stood there and tried to listen and only caught a few words,  "she" something with a "p" sound and thats about it.  I wasn't surprised or shocked really, I always feel someone in the kitchen with me but I just wish I had been able to hear more of what was said.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users