• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 HeidiBytes

HeidiBytes

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 04:46 PM

So, my boyfriend and I are currently staying in his family's place, which is haunted particularly because his Buddhist grandma is continually inviting more spirits in. She believes all spirits are good, the more the merrier. I could share various stories, but the latest entity appears to be targeting us specifically, and after 3 days in a row of activity I'm more irritated than creeped out. Trying to figure out what the best approach is.

Some patterns I've noticed is 1) activity is very specifically timed to get our attention in the moment, and 2) neither of us have picked up any hint of hostile, negative, or unwelcome vibe from it. These factors make me hesitant to jump directly into the "try to get rid of it" route.

3 nights ago, my boyfriend woke up in the middle of the night for no discernible reason. After a minute or so of lying there, he heard a sound like an object had been struck somewhere in the room, to the left of him. I sleep with earplugs in, so I didn't notice. The next morning, a loaded plastic bin a few feet from the bed had been knocked askew, and when he hit the bin he said it replicated the sound he heard.

We just shrugged it off.

2 nights ago, his family was asleep and I had left the room to use the restroom. Upon returning from the restroom, I heard very loud shuffling/scratching sounds. I assumed it was a family member heading my way, and ducked quickly back into his room to avoid them. But no one came around he corner, and the sounds continued. So I went back out in the large living area, and the sound was still happening, but nothing was there. My ears registered that the sound was coming from directly in front of me, about a foot away, but there was nothing a good 20 feet in either direction.

When I returned to the bedroom and mentioned it to my boyfriend, he said "Oh yeah, I heard that too while you were in the bathroom." Apparently before I even came out, he had been hearing the sound from inside the bedroom. He assumed it was me returning, but when I didn't come in he went out to investigate. Nothing.

So, we both independently heard the same sound at different times within the span of a couple minutes. Neither of us have heard the sound before or since. If the sound had occurred when we were in his room together, we wouldn't have investigated, as we would have had no reason to, just assuming it was someone shuffling around.

Last night, our lamp turned itself off. We have a salt lamp we use as a night light. It has a rotary dimmer switch, one you actually have to twist rather than just move up or down. The switch is in full view about 2 feet off the floor against a wall. We had gone to bed already, had been lying there in silence for about half an hour. I had my blackout sleep mask on. But then we began conversing a bit, I took my sleep mask off, and a few minutes later the light goes brighter for a split second and then out completely.

At first I thought the electricity was off, but we have an air purifier going and there was no interruption in the white noise. Then I assumed the bulb had burned out. I wasn't even going to look into it until morning. But my boyfriend walked over to it and twisted the dial, and it turned back on. The lamp and bulb are fully functional, it had simply been switched off. The knob had to be twisted a full rotation for the light to come back on.

It seems clear to me that something is trying to get our attention. I don't really have time for this, I've got enough on my plate as is. But it's messing with our lives so I'm trying to understand a good way forward. My boyfriend has a fair bit of experience with paranormal stuff and is actually a go-to guy for advice regarding it for family and friends, but when an entity is targeting him he finds his emotions make him too biased to do much good.

Any recommendations? I was thinking of trying an EVP session to try to understand why it's here and what it wants, but I've never done one before and I'm not terribly enthusiastic about potentially opening the door for other entities in the house to take notice. We had a hostile one here a couple months ago targeting his kid sister, and basically this house just has a lot of activity in general, thanks to Grandma.

All advice greatly appreciated!

Edited by HeidiBytes, 04 January 2017 - 04:50 PM.

#2 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,438 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 04 January 2017 - 04:51 PM

Welcome to the forums!  Some might say an EVP session would be good, but others say it could escalate things. Personally I'm on the fence about this.  If Grandma invites these things in, maybe she could give you insight as to who/what this is, and maybe tell it to leave, or at least stop messing with you guys. I'm sure others will post with more advice as well
Posted Image

#3 HeidiBytes

HeidiBytes

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:08 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 04 January 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

Welcome to the forums!  Some might say an EVP session would be good, but others say it could escalate things. Personally I'm on the fence about this.  If Grandma invites these things in, maybe she could give you insight as to who/what this is, and maybe tell it to leave, or at least stop messing with you guys. I'm sure others will post with more advice as well

Thanks for the reply!

She has pretty severe dementia. On top of that, she very strongly believes that if an entity is messing with us, it's because we aren't dutifully praying to them like we should. So she believes it's a good thing, forcing us to do what we "ought" to be doing in the first place. When there was the issue with the hostile one targeting his kid sister a couple months ago, a Bhuddist monk was called in and he ended up yelling at my boyfriend and his little sis (7 years old) in front of the whole family saying it's happening because they weren't giving enough attention to the spirits and saying their prayers diligently. Not to mention my boyfriend is a different religion entirely. His grandma did the whole "I told you so" thing. So....yeah, I don't expect her to be helpful at all in this, unfortunately.

#4 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,424 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:18 PM

Have him, the little sister and you, pray to whoever is your respective religion's deity, asking said deity for protection and guidance.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#5 Raphaela

Raphaela

Orb

• GS Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:50 AM

I'm not trying to tell you what to do, and I know this is a sensitive topic, but imo because of your grandmother's dementia, the potential physical danger to you all may be as much as any potential  spiritual danger, depending on how serious her condition is.

The possibility for things like her setting accidental fires or her overdosing (if she takes meds, like many seniors) do, should be considered. Has she recently had a medical and psych evaluation, to see whether or not she should receive professional, round the clock care and observation in a senior home setting? Or do professionals often come to your home, at least? I don't expect you to divulge these details, just food for thought.

As for your exposure to all the conjuring of spirits, you might consider if it's worth living there at this point anyway. I can say from personal experience that sometimes you get far more than you ever thought you'd have to manage and some of these entities can cause years of ongoing problems. I'm also concerned that agreeing to knowingly stay in a place where conjuring continues to occur, might be taken as an invitation by those entities, to continue invading your personal space.

At the very least, you might consider learning spiritual grounding and protection techniques (lots online about it, including from people here). If you have a Higher Power, call on it when you feel the need.

#6 Dsuccubus89

Dsuccubus89

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 04:03 PM

Hmm sounds like an interesting situation. If you need stay at the house then I suggest you and your boyfriend focus on shielding yourselves. Tantric kitten has given good techniques for doing this. Also if it was me I would cleanse my room. Although your grandma may let them in the house that doesn't mean they should have free reign. So if getting rid of them is not an option wear armor to walk about and make your room a safe place (bunker like). Just my two cents.

#7 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,039 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 08 April 2017 - 10:43 PM

The best option would probably be to move at this point if you're financially able to do so.

I wouldn't be talking about it when you're in the house either. And as for EVP's, I have a feeling you would get some really good evidence there but I strongly advise against it. It would probably be taken by it, as an invitation into your lives. And by it responding, it's considered doing you a favor, so then you would owe it. I hope that make sense to you. Things can escalate when collecting EVPs when it's your own haunted house, it's just the way it is sometimes.

In the meantime, do all the usual things to keep this thing at bay. Keep your space clean and fresh. Let in plenty of fresh air and sunlight. Sage your personal space if not the whole house. And then do it again with sweet grass afterwards. And charge yourselves by being in the sun at least 30 minutes a day. And lastly, if you are so inclined, pray for relief both as a couple and individually. And allow no contention in the home because that also serves as an invite, because it drives any protective spirits away.  ;)
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#8 lorac61469

lorac61469

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:16 AM

Even though the OP hasn't been back since posting I thought I would mention that there was a recall on salt lamps. There were issues with the dimmer dial malfunctioning causing fires. So she may want to get rid of it for safety reasons.

Edited by lorac61469, 09 April 2017 - 11:21 AM.

#9 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,039 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:54 PM

View Postlorac61469, on 09 April 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

Even though the OP hasn't been back since posting I thought I would mention that there was a recall on salt lamps. There were issues with the dimmer dial malfunctioning causing fires. So she may want to get rid of it for safety reasons.

Well, that's a possibility to consider then for that particular aspect of the haunting... thanks, Lorac. ........I have one too (a large one), now I'm going to have to watch it closely when it's on. :o
Posted Image

#10 lorac61469

lorac61469

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 06:35 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 09 April 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

Well, that's a possibility to consider then for that particular aspect of the haunting... thanks, Lorac. ........I have one too (a large one), now I'm going to have to watch it closely when it's on. :o

My daughter has one but I make sure she turns it off before bed.
You can google it and find out which lamps were recalled. It's always better to be safe than sorry.

#11 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,039 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 10:47 PM

I don't leave it on past bedtime. But then again, when do I ever sleep.
I'll look into it......... thanks, Lorac.  :)
Posted Image

#12 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:58 AM

Always good to be on the safe side. I alway use the correct bulbs and check there isn't a collection of salt around the base of the lamp. I use my lights throughout the night and have for serval years now without any issues.

I was able to find a list of the 3 lamp models that have been recalled:

https://www.michaels...ps-20170110.pdf

The first is the Rock of Gibraltar Lamp (SKU 495144, UPC 00886946056253)

Next is the Carnival of Lights (SKU 495433, UPC 00886946058325),

And third is the Basket of Rocks (SKU 495146, UPC 00886946056277).
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#13 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,039 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:43 AM

Thanks, Klainey... I'll check the base of mine regularly and keep a close eye on mine just to be safe.  :)
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users