Free Skins
© Fisana

Has Anyone Here Been Haunted By Deceased Relatives?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Clarina1980

Clarina1980

Vortex

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,721 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:13 PM

I'd love my nan to show up.  She's been gone 20 years and I have asked many psychics but none of them pick up on her :(
"True Love Is Like Ghosts, Which Everyone Talks About But Few Have Seen"

#22 greeneyes

greeneyes

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal of course, old movies, antiques ,history, old houses. Basically if it's old and spooky, I love it!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:59 PM

I feel my father around, but I have never seen him. My boyfriend did see him one night, we were going through a rough patch in our relationship, and he saw him standing at the foot of our bed. I kind of think my dad was there to tell him to watch himself. Not an actual haunting by any means, but it's nice to know he's still looking out for me!

#23 iloveprettywomen

iloveprettywomen

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:47 AM

but you know you have to admit sometimes as well what if all these ghosts people see are not real but just ones imagination, throughout our lifetime we see people on a daily basis we see their human figures and our minds could be playing tricks on us, we claim to see ghosts that look like humans because we constantly saw human figures in real life and that impression was left on our mind so it appears to be human   or  ghosts are real and we just don't know how to prove they exist yet, sometimes i believe in ghosts other times I'm not sure even though i have seen them myself, considering how many people died throughout history from the bc era to the middle ages to the modern age billions of people have died chances of running into ghosts would be much higher so I'm 50/50 on ghosts to be honest could be real could be some form of hallucination based on real life experiences

#24 blindsighted

blindsighted

Apport

• GS Member
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:25 PM

I had this dream about a deceased relative with whom I never once had any relationship and what she said to me in the dream was nothing more than gibberish about something very inconsequential.  I hardly see anything paranormal about that.  I didn't go to her funeral for a lot of reasons.  In that context I think I was subconsciously processing and dealing with my feelings about my many relatives who honestly don't give a darn about me.  They really don't.  

I sometimes secretly wish that my grandmother who I still miss very dearly would come back but I know she won't.

#25 bjigglepants

bjigglepants

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:I collect mold, spores and fungus -Egon Spengler

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:31 AM

I've never been haunted by a relative, but I am visited by them regularly either while I sleep (talk to them via my dreams) or awake (touching me, I smell their scent, feel something move past me, etc). I rather enjoy knowing that they may no longer be of this plane,but they're still close to me :)
bjigglepants: to have jiggle in your pants that wiggles when you dance

#26 Cornet

Cornet

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:23 PM

I am not being haunted, but I do know that my grandfather watches over me :)... I should have died many-a-times and I firmly believe he has been the one to protect me during all of them. Not to mention I had a psychic pick up on him. Its a nice feeling to have; knowing there's always someone protecting you :)..

#27 blindsighted

blindsighted

Apport

• GS Member
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:01 PM

I was just thinking a little further.  I wouldn't say it's not possible for a deceased relative to visit us in our dreams.  Going back to the example with my aunt, it was definitely symbolic of a bigger issue, as is the case with most dreams.  It was pathetic.  In the dream, she was criticizing my socks.  Now for her to actually visit me in my dreams in spirit just to tell me that really doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  lol...The relatives are not very nice to me and it's never going to change.  I never understand what they want.

#28 Cyn

Cyn

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:38 PM

Hey, All. I am new to this site, but not new to hearing, seeing, feeling, and rarely talking with ghosts. Since I watched my (at that point,recently) dead Grandpa open my bedroom closet door (from the inside)and walk out of it when I was 7 or 8, I have seen and felt people who others couldn't see or hear. When I was still too young to understand this "gift" I have was not what everybody had or unsed, my Mom had heard enough and told me I had a vivid "imagination. My Dad passed when I was 12, and even after he visited me the night he died and for the next four days, relaying his messages through me to her, she wouldn't believe me though the info was accurate. Same happened when her mother, my grandma, told me through knocks, cold spots and my Ouija board that she had died. In fact, I was living in Miami and called her...out of State!  My grandma lived with us, and after she died, when I was home, I would be upstairs and both my dog and I heard her clear enough for me to say " yeah, Gram." "Imagination," said Mom. I asked if she ever heard grandma call her name and she said yes but it was only her imagination.
I was in the US Army when I hurt my hip and went home on sivk leave for two weeks. Instead of climbing stairs, I used my grandma's bedroom downstairs. After gran died (she lived with us, and  right after dinner one night, she just closed her eyes), I was never comfortable there again. See, this was 1973, I was away at college, and during one school break, the day before I had to fly back to school, I woke that morning remembering a dream about gran dying, but she was still alive. In my dream she wasn't. At one point, I turned a corner in my house and she was sitting very erect, as if sitting in a straight backed chair, except she was sitting in the air and glaring at me.At that point, things like weed or hallucinagens were easy to hide from parents, and my gran was a very lovely lady, but, now that she had died (in my dream) she "knew" and her stern face let me know she was aware I smoked pot and did other stuff. It was awkward to say the least. After that, I would hear her walking or moving around. When I was in the Army, as my mother aged she developed rheumatoid arthritis, became very weak, and would fall. I would then feel my bed shake and hear her
n J. .whisper in my ear, "she fell again." I'd call the family as early as I could. They already knew of course but I never told them how I knew. The analogy might be poor, but their questions reminded me a bit of what an accused witch might feel if she knew she would be condemned if she told the truth. I wouldn't be "condemned" but my family aready thought I was different. Knowing I could hear (and yes, sometimes see) gran, they would chalk it up to vivid imagination plus hallucinations brought on by the substances that really got bad press. Today I wouldn't touch it.. way too many added chemicals and too dangerous. I stopped using that stuff in 73. In 1988, I hurt my hip and the Army gave me two weeks med leave so I went home. I slept downstairs the first night and woke up hearing my mom, I thought, moving around in the kitchen. Then I saw her outline as she walked...she walked like gran but really all I saw as her outline passed me was a walking figure made up of a swirling grey smoke. I never slept in that room again. I was frightened at the time cause I had never experienced anything as clearly as that. Not until now.
I can enter a house, barn, building and if something was there I could tell; a feeling that was not uncomfortable. Maybe goosebumps or just blurted out "you have a ghost!"  Most times I was right. I didn't do any channelling or use my Ouija which I stopped using before my huband and I started working on having a baby.Unless certain friend's said something, I would say I had good intuition or tell them I am a Pisces and Pisces are psychics. Important things I might feel I told. My mom died in 2006, and shortly before she died, she told me she finally believed me after all the years of doubt. She gave me signs the night before she died, after she had gone into a coma, letting me know she was saying goodbye. After she died, I have not heard or felt my parents or granma again and I have tried.
Got out of the Army in 1994, but married my husband in Nov 93. One war (Desert Storm) and 10 years I reckoned, was enough. Chuck died in Jan 2015. He died in my arms after I whispered to him that I didn't want him to go but it was ok. I told him about the light and who was waiting, and then told him if he could find a way, hecbetter come back and haunt me. I guess he found one cause I have talked to him in a dream, seen him, heard him, and felt him. So, now that I've told y'all I have that ability, the things I am seeing lately are way more than anything I have ever dealt with.
Last Feb 14, around three or four in the morning, I had fallen asleep on the couch in the den. Across from me is an antique chest over which hangs a large, 200 year old mirror (I know about mirrors). There was a soft light coming from the mirror and on the chest, I always keep a dozen yellow roses (we're from Texas after all). Inbetween the flowers on the chest and its reflection in the mirror, Chuck was looking out at me. I stared at him, looked away, moved my position, but he was still there so I took a pic with my cell and never expected to see anything. I got the pic!!! I showed it to a good friend of his and he saw him right off.  After that, I looked for him in that mirror but he didn't come back. Two days ago, he did. I saw a light outline of him. It was so clear I even called to him and I thought he was going to walk out of the mirror, but he stopped where the flowers were, looked at me, smiled and was gone. His friend came over yesterday afternooncause he wanted to see, and hours later, both of us were exhausted after taking pictures and watching what was going on IN the mirror! There are all sorts of people moving around; its like they are in a coffee shop.. interacting with each other. It is crazy. Neither Steve nor I feel any threat or anything negative, and I have finally realized I have to let him go. We are Twin Flames and losing him has torn me apart. But now, I seem to be seeing all kinds of folks....kids, young, older. They don't talk to me but the kids especially, sit or stand by me. The adults just walk past but they don't bother me nor scare me. Steve can see them in the mirror but not on this side. But my question is, why are the others here? Did we open some kind of portal? My dog barks at them but not often so she sees them, too. They cause no problems, are not destructive, don't make noise...but the whole thing is just too weird. I think Chuck came back to ask me to let him go, and I know now I have to. But Chuck was the kind of guy who people gravitated to. Just a thought but I have no explanation. And it is not just at home. Yesterday, while out running errands, I saw two lines of translucent middle school girls in gym clothes, jogging behind what I thought was a red fire truck. I asked Steve if he saw the girls and he said no but there was a red truck...just not a firetruck. I do not drink nor do I do any drugs, and this has me baffled.

#29 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,004 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:58 PM

Welcome to the forums!  Could you post the photo you took of Chuck in the mirror?
Posted Image

#30 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,004 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:40 PM

BTW, per to topic subject:  http://weekinweird.c...ear-your-story/     Amy and Adam, formerly of Ghiost Adventures are starting a new show and looking for stories regarding family memebrs and hauntings
Posted Image

#31 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,884 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 05:32 PM

I wouldn't use the word haunted, I think that is very specific to experiences that are unexpected and unwanted. Visited would probably more sum up what's going on!

I have had relatives come to me, generally through times of stress or large change. In general the gist of things is 'everything is going to be ok'. One of the most recent experiences of this type was when my grandmother was going in to hospital for knee replacement surgery. For a fair few weeks I'd had dreams of my grandfather and great grandmother, where they were looking after my grandmother. My own experience of these types of visits usually meant that they were preparing to meet a family member on 'the other side' and I began to get a bit worried for my grandmother, thinking that she might be on her way out.

I then had a dream where both my grandfather and great grandmother came to me and made it very clear that I wasn't to worry about my grandmother's passing, and that it wasn't 'on the cards'. They were more there to watch over and give family members strength, as my mother in particular was scared about the surgery. My grandfather mentioned that he's been very present in my mothers life and I should ask her about this and mention a few specific moments where she felt his presence.

It's always a bit awkward for me to bring these types of things up, even within my family, but at least my mum was comforted by the messages provided.

For me, the easiest way for family members to 'get through' has always been through my dreams. I've had pets turn up from time to time, and all sorts of other interesting things come through too :)

For others in my family, their experiences with passed family members is more visual, so they see someone standing in their doorway, or olfactory - they smell someones perfume that reminds them of the loved ones.

Another powerful way that they come through loud and clear is through their love of music - there's been plenty of times where on a radio channel you wouldn't expect, Johnny Cash plays and reminds us that my grandfather is with us, and it's always been a great comfort to my mother.
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#32 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,511 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:08 AM

Some great experiences :heart:  I would still like my mum to pop in. I would love that type of haunting :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#33 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,884 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:19 AM

I have a friend who is regularly in touch with her grandmother on the other side-  they shared a close relationship and she comes through at all the important events, birthdays, holidays etc, by whiff of her perfume or a tap on the shoulder, small things that mean a lot!

#34 Snickers

Snickers

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 06:38 AM

I was in bed, and someone put their arm around me and said 'honey', plain as day in my ear. It had to be my deceased husband.
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#35 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,511 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:53 PM

View PostSnickers, on 08 May 2018 - 06:38 AM, said:

I was in bed, and someone put their arm around me and said 'honey', plain as day in my ear. It had to be my deceased husband.

I say go with your gut. :)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#36 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,884 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:22 PM

How touching snickers, that would have been comforting

1 user(s) are reading this topic