28 replies to this topic

#1 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,621 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:13 PM

This has long been of interest to me..a ranch in Utah that had virtually every kind of paranormal phenomena. UFO's. Weird creatures. Cattle mutilation. Poltergeist activity and more. A billionaire bought the ranch in the 90's for his scientific organization (NIDS) to investigate. After some time they suddenly left and NIDS was disbanded. According to all the info I could find, it seemed like all this phenomena was controlled by an intelligence that basically screwed around with the researchers.

Anyway, there is a book out written by former NIDS people who were part of the investigation. I'm gonna look for it, this whole thing fascinates me, in part because I also believe that there may be a connection between all paranormal activity.

http://www.huntfortheskinwalker.com/reviews.html

and here are a few excerpts from the book:

http://books.google.com/books?id=Zu4rZ3ZzX...2aQviv4#PPP1,M1
Posted Image

#2 Aslan

Aslan

Goblin

• GS Member
  • 398 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:34 PM

what sort of connection?  pls explain further...
Posted Image

a new chapter begins

#3 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,621 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 03:10 PM

The excerpts should in part explain it.

But basically, all paranormal (or much of it at least) may be connected to a different dimension. At the ranch, portals were seen opening up in mid air with creatures and balls of light coming out. UFO's appeared, there was typical paranormal/poltergeist activity in the ranch house and research center on the property. And based on the experiences of the rancher who lived there and the scientists and researchers that bought the ranch from him, it all seemed orchestrated as if from one single intelligence. One that reacted to what they did etc. It basically was a major mind-****

Edited by Vlawde, 31 January 2008 - 03:10 PM.

Posted Image

#4 xxghostmanxx2008

xxghostmanxx2008

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:ghost hunting ufo sites anything paranormal and also i love hip hop,jungle,breaks,dirty south and bass n drum music and djing on the wheels of steel

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:22 PM

have anyone seen or look up what a skinwalker is??? yes i have to have seen and read up on the ranch out there and it seems to me everything that is paranormal is out there... i have heard that skinwalkers get into your body while your asleep and uses your body to be human form and to look through your eyes and use your body to to do what ever but when they are done with your body your dead.. if i lived next to that place i would move as far as i could very crazy and very very very paranormal place out there!!!!

#5 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,621 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:50 PM

Skinwalkers are essentially shape-shifters:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skin-walker

And good ol' wikipedia, here's more on the ranch: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skinwalker_Ranch
Posted Image

#6 Porcelain

Porcelain

Banshee

• GS Member
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal interests include: Legends, poltergeists, spirits, spirit photography, urban myth, creatures, evps, horror/thriller movies.

Other interests: Poetry, writing, painting, drawing, music, sleeping, alcohol, gaming, shopping, clubbing.

Posted 01 February 2008 - 01:59 AM

I read a book on this. It was quite intriguing. Especially the part with the wolf that they couldn't seem to kill, and the part with the portal and the dark entity crawling out. I enjoyed this book, I recall. Think I still have it kicking about.

#7 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,621 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 04:40 AM

Same book I mentioned above, or a different one?
Posted Image

#8 PIT leader

PIT leader

Incubus

• GS Member
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal and house music,horror films,comics

Posted 01 February 2008 - 09:19 AM

The works of John Keel explain how there may be a link between the paranormal,aliens, religious encounters and mythology. His book "Our Haunted Planet" looks at the idea that we're being observed by "ultraterrestrials" (a superior species) that link everything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Keel#The...hman_Prophecies
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#9 PIT leader

PIT leader

Incubus

• GS Member
  • 808 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 09:19 AM

The works of John Keel explain how there may be a link between the paranormal,aliens, religious encounters and mythology. His book "Our Haunted Planet" looks at the idea that we're being observed by "ultraterrestrials" (a superior species) that link everything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Keel#The...hman_Prophecies

Edited by PIT leader, 02 February 2008 - 03:38 AM.

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#10 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,621 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:35 AM

Interesting stuff! And IMO the apparent intelligence behind a lot of this phenomena could be responsible for the difficulty in getting good evidence. Example, in the videoa I have seen capturing shadow people, they act like they KNOW they've been caught and dart away immediately. They are actively avoiding being seen.
Posted Image

#11 Porcelain

Porcelain

Banshee

• GS Member
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal interests include: Legends, poltergeists, spirits, spirit photography, urban myth, creatures, evps, horror/thriller movies.

Other interests: Poetry, writing, painting, drawing, music, sleeping, alcohol, gaming, shopping, clubbing.

Posted 07 February 2008 - 02:21 AM

The same book you mentioned above. It's not entirely scientific though, considering they use phrases like 'but they were wrong. DEAD WRONG.' and stuff like that. But it's an entertaining and interesting read.

#12 Ms. Tify

Ms. Tify

Incubus

• GS Member
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my family, art, scrapbooking, listening to loud music, reading, photography, writing, are you still reading this? Seriously?

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:27 AM

Vlawde, thanks for posting this.  After reading part of the excerpts, I really want to read the whole thing.  Fascinating, and quite frightening.  

I have always wondered why good evidence of the paranormal was so hard to capture on film, when so many people have had personal encounters.  Do you have a link to the clip you mentioned about shadow people?  Thanks!
Life's a match in a gas tank, don't ever mourn the ebbing tide, just dance on fire and enjoy the ride.

#13 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,621 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:11 AM

I don't, but the ones I am thinking of have been on Ghosthunters. There was one of a real short one caught running behind a table, and dashing back once it realized it had been seen. There's one where a shadow stepped  into view at the end of a hallway and immediatley drew back. The St Augustine lighthouse is another, you can see the shadow on the stairs above them literally moving up a flight of stairs in like one second. And the Eastern State penitentiary one that appeared and seemingly ran away in a split second. There are others I have seen too.

But the commonality among all of them is they move VERY quickly once they realize they are seen
Posted Image

#14 PIT leader

PIT leader

Incubus

• GS Member
  • 808 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:29 AM

It could be possible that shadow ghosts are people from the future that can only observe events and not intefere with them. They may flee when we see them as they were observing but don't want to cause a paradox. This could also be why they're in shadow form

Some info here: http://tech.uk.msn.com/features/article.as...umentid=7476748

It does seem though that some intelligent force may be at work in Skinwalker ranch and possibly other paranormal hotspots throughout the world.

#15 Sly-Spectre

Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • 1,286 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Drinking, Eating, Sleeping, Partying, Pool(Billiards to you Englishmen) and...Ghosts and Cryptozoology.<br /><br />I'm on Facebook look for Gerry Nix

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:09 AM

It could be possible but I doubt it Pitleader. Then again I'm just one that doesn't believe in manipulating time.
"Something weird is going on Jess." Simon whispered as they waited to be served. "I overheard Sara and Hector say something about 'getting back at you' in the library this morning."
Jessie thought for a moment, his face expressionless as usual.
"That's just crazy." he said. "I didn't think you even knew where the library was."

-Excerpt from my short story "Stabbed in the Front."

#16 Erinwolfrus

Erinwolfrus

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:Humor, the paranormal, animals, mythology, symbolism, music...

blah, too many to list :)

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:53 PM

Hey, mad props to the OP for the google book link.

It's funny, about a week ago on 4chan's paranormal board some Anon had brought this up and everyone was like "oh yeah that place, scares me a lot". and the thread kind of died.

So what do YOU think is going on? and why, until about a month ago, have I never heard of this place? hmm.
Join FNORD the FNORD Discordians!
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there. With open arms, and open eyes.

#17 Guest_ellsbeth_*

Guest_ellsbeth_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:04 PM

Skin walkers and Fast Walkers are traditional Native American legend---

Make's you wonder.....

#18 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,621 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:09 AM

QUOTE(Erinwolfrus @ Feb 9 2008, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, mad props to the OP for the google book link.

It's funny, about a week ago on 4chan's paranormal board some Anon had brought this up and everyone was like "oh yeah that place, scares me a lot". and the thread kind of died.

So what do YOU think is going on? and why, until about a month ago, have I never heard of this place? hmm.

It actually was in the news more years ago. In the late 90's I read an article in the newspaper about a ranch where portal opened up in the air, and that NIDS had bought it to investigate. I tried to follow developments since, but NIDs didn't really have much comment on the place, then they abandonded research and left. There is a lot of outside info that can be found by googling, UFO Dave's site has quite a few features on it IIRC, including a pic of the research building/ranch house with a bright white light either enamating from it, or inside it.

I dunno what to think, my best guess is a dimensional warp

Posted Image

#19 Guest_zidane2000_*

Guest_zidane2000_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:12 PM

skinwalkers i dont kno i dout there real honestly

#20 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,621 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 12:37 PM

Wow, it took me years after posting this to actually buy and read the book!
Posted Image