Am I Being Impersonated?..

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 Shellsbells

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:18 AM

I recently moved house and now live in a rather old pub-since then we have experienced a number of rather strange unexplainable things, particularly with electrics and doors being opened and banged,but as alarming as they can be, have never felt afraid or in any harm/danger. But now my bf has said a couple of times that he has seen me when I haven't been there and yesterday he heard me screaming his name- he was down in the cellar and i was cleaning upstairs. I find it rather scary that it has maybe started to copy/imitate me and quite sinister. I have never heard it talk but have seen it do things abd heard things. My bf is a total non-believer of anything of this nature but cannot deny what he has seen and heard. Anyone know what may be happening and what i should do? Ive tried talking out loud to it because ive read that one mustn't egnore spirits but must admit i feel daft doing so! Sorry to ramble on.

#2 biblophile

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, books art

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:29 AM

sounds like a doppelganger. Very interesting

#3 Shellsbells

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:19 AM

Oh god-dont like the sound of that 😕

#4 Mikaru

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 01:48 PM

View Postbiblophile, on 20 October 2016 - 08:29 AM, said:

sounds like a doppelganger. Very interesting

I seriously need to Google. Doppelganger and mimic..
My Signature

#5 lorac61469

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 04:37 PM

Let's look for normal explainations first...

Call an electrician and have wiring checked. Old homes aren't exactly level so the doors may not be latching correctly.

Look up audio pareidola. I used to hear my kids calling "mommy" when I was using the hair dryer.  But they weren't.

And when you say he's seen you what exactly has he seen? I mean did he see something out of the corner of his eye that resembles a human shape or what?

#6 biblophile

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:34 AM

View PostMikaru, on 20 October 2016 - 01:48 PM, said:

I seriously need to Google. Doppelganger and mimic..
It can be difficult to find information on the phenomena, but it is well worth the time, it is a fascinating subject.

#7 biblophile

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 10:28 AM

I just read the strange story  of Emilie Sagee, a teacher who worked in an all girls school in France in the 1840's. She was the center of a Doppelganger haunting.  13 of her students witnessed their teachers twin standing behind her during lessons mirroring her movements. Several others saw the teachers double standing behind her in the cafeteria. Miss Sagee was unable to see her Doppelganger, but it was often visible to others. On one occasion  students saw Miss sagee at her desk while several others saw the real women outside in the garden. One of the students approached the double and reached out to touch it's arm and her hand went through the appendage, the student described the arm as feeling like putting her hand in a spiders web.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com