Sorry, Another 'how To Post My Photo' Question...

• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

#1 aisLinnZ

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Playing Celtic harp, sketching, reading bks of people in a mystical perspective(Abe Lincoln,Hildegard of Bingen,William B. Yeats,Nostrodomus-regular folks , living their beliefs), enjoy forests~

Posted 30 November 2016 - 05:59 PM

I enjoy seeing peoples photos, and have a few myself..... I know of tiny pic, and dropbox, and photo bucket as well- but don't need my phone (I use most often when posting here, or my tablet(Samsung 7"A) backed up as drop box can do- or get signed up on another site like photo bucket, just for my phone..I have gobs of space in my SD card- I dont have boatloads of pics....

...is a hosting site the only way to post; to get a URL of a pic? I do have a modest (like super modest.a handful of photos dedicated to paranormal (mine) pics ) instagram. Ha, its got like 4 followers. But people peek at them, and its nice to share them. I am not a huge social media enthusiast, so I post now and then. Is it possible to get a URL from my Instagram? I notice its says 'share' on there..but to like fb etc.

Its easy of course to post a pic there- but does that work with your site here? Just inquiring, it would be nice to share a pic here now and then. Sorry- I know you get a lot of questions of pic posting..and I have gone through as many tech help posts I can find here : )  

~thank you ~
My Signature
"..for those who believe, no words are necessary. For those who do not believe, no words are possible.."  (and that's ok!~)

#2 Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 06:14 PM

You can share from Instagram two ways : either share the url (knowing people like me who don't have it can't see them)  or if there's a share option formatted like [img] longurl,  etc.  you can copy and paste that.

Flickr may also work.
My Signature
Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#3 Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,643 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 30 November 2016 - 06:37 PM

Doesn't work with Instagram (I just tried) but generally if a photo is online, in other words has a URL, you can actually right click on it, copy photo, and simply paste here. Otherwise you have to use the URL and the photo option above the post box.

Most of what I post are either that method from google images. I've found tons of photos I've posted on the internet over the years are google! :)   Otherwise I use photobucket. I've tried posting pics from my phone but no luck. Besides, unless you're checking FB or email, phones suck for the internet in general, you don't have as many options as with a PC.  And that tiny keyboard...     ;)
My Signature
Posted Image

#4 aisLinnZ

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Playing Celtic harp, sketching, reading bks of people in a mystical perspective(Abe Lincoln,Hildegard of Bingen,William B. Yeats,Nostrodomus-regular folks , living their beliefs), enjoy forests~

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:05 PM

Thank you both for your replies! Yah, I am not really an 'insta.gm' person...seems like folks are more into gathering followers than actually read a little caption of some odd pic....but, at least I can understand my kids(18 and 21)when they talk of insta! But maybe I will go ahead and do photobucket or etc.

I did notice on insta. there is a setting if you want them to 'save' pics posted or not...it certainly gives a URL, perhaps if I set it on there as 'saved'- maybe it allows those not on insta. to see the pic? A pic would be on my SD card and also 'saved' there too? Huh. Or might not make a difference.

I will figure it out! Photo.b. or etc : )
Oh, yes...this little tablet is much easier to type on than my phone, for sure! I dont have a laptop - so for now, tablet is usefull...a Bluetooth keyboard would be great..I think I'll let Santa know ; )

Edited by aisLinnZ, 01 December 2016 - 01:11 PM.

My Signature
"..for those who believe, no words are necessary. For those who do not believe, no words are possible.."  (and that's ok!~)

#5 aisLinnZ

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:54 AM

https://www.instagra.../p/BNCvpmIgGcn/

.....just for kicks....trying to see if pic would work w/out an insta.gm acct....
Just swirly smoke; though I do like the bearded face that is at the top of the smoke..pretty vague though! Like seeing shapes in a cloud LoL
My Signature

#6 Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:11 PM

I saw it!   I usually get a popup that says "haha nice try,  register or get lost"  (not literally).
My Signature
Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#7 Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,643 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:07 PM

I saw it, but I have a (unused) Instagram acct. If I want to post photos I use FB, don't see much use for Instagram
My Signature
Posted Image

#8 Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:16 PM

I already only post trash pictures online.   I have no use for Instagram.   Although sometimes I want to see stuff on there and it's frustrating that it generally won't let me.
My Signature
Posted Image

#9 aisLinnZ

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:24 AM

Well......I get that Instagram isn't liked much! I like it as I post once in a while-and some people actually look at my pic, not to find reasons why its 'not a genuine parnormal' pic, but because- its interesting to them.

I post pics not to just be seen~ but to be felt.

Sometimes 'authentic' is in the eyes of the beholder.
My Signature

#10 Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 11:48 AM

That's totally not what I meant.   I apologize.

I meant that Instagram is a share site and I only post awful photos (every picture I  take isn't blurry or otherwise seriously flawed...  I actually was a photography TA in college) online.   I have no reason to show off my flubs although I do share them for conversation or to illustrate something sometimes.
My Signature
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com