ghost doorway eerie phantom being abandoned house man desert apparition

• You cannot reply to this topic
13 replies to this topic

#1 TomorrowAlora

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:Horror, fantasy, and real life that is stranger than fiction.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

On our house hunting tour today we arrived at an "investment" property: cheap because of all the money one will have to spend to make it livable again. I loved it, to be honest. The layout, the floors, the brick walls, the land. But there are hard liquer bottles every where, inside and out, windows broken out, entry doors ajar, and even food and furniture left behind. My husband had fun exploring the outside but I felt weird about it, uncomfortable and ready to leave. Then we went inside and it switched. I felt bonded with the house and my husband kept repeating that we needed to go, that he didn't want to be there. All I wanted to do was continue taking pictures and imagining all the ways we could repair the house.

In his defense, there is a rather dark mural on one wall that looks almost sinister. To me it made me feel closer to the former residents because it is something that I would paint, if I had such a talent.

The house is owned by the bank but it still contained lives of people that I strongly feel loved the house and property so I won't show all the pictures I took out of respect (even if I feel they're all interesting :P ), but this one made me pause:

The first photo was edited only to rotate and make the horizontal lines straight, the second photo is the first photo just cropped to zoom closer on the doorway

Attached File  desert house1.jpg   131.41K   93 downloads

Attached File  desert2.jpg   54.07K   96 downloads

I see a humanoid figure standing in the door. Yes, it could easily be lights and shadow and camera trickery, but this is, after all, a paranormal board so I see a figure ;)
My Signature

Proud member of "The Head-Knockers Club"

Just because you can't see them, doesn't mean they aren't here. Just because you can't hear them, doesn't mean they aren't whispering in my ear.

"Disrupting the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it." --Dr. Horrible

#2 NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,108 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

Hello TomorrowAlora :)

I am not sure about the figure in the door...  It looks like it could be light reflecting off of something (just like you said), and it also looks like a sheet.  I think the best thing I could say it is, would be an illusion.  Do you know what could have been in the doorway at the time?
My Signature

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#3 TomorrowAlora

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:29 AM

Hi there :)

As far as I know, there was nothing in the doorway at the time. That door opens into a hallway so the only thing behind the door is a wall. Thanks for the reply :)
My Signature

Just because you can't see them, doesn't mean they aren't here. Just because you can't hear them, doesn't mean they aren't whispering in my ear.

"Disrupting the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it." --Dr. Horrible

#4 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:08 AM

Morning, TomorrowAlora:

Yikes!   Keep looking.   The amount of money you will put into that crapper to have what you want will never yield a return for you.  (I'm trying to see the neighborhood and it doesn't look like there is one)   Of course, you could pass it on to loved ones but they may not want it and their major disappointment will be that it won't sell for much.

I can't tell you how many derelict homes I've looked at and fell in love with but hey....check out the expense of renovation.   It's not as cheap as it use to be and if you are out in the middle of no where, it's going to cost you more to do anything with it or to even live comfortably/conveniently.   And if there is a fire, it'll be gutted before the Fire Department gets there.

The price of housing is way down and so is financing if you can walk in with 20%.   If it's important that your house have character or characters, I'd keep looking.   Most haunted houses look like the house next door in any neighborhood.   Plus, remodeling is a whole lot cheaper than total renovation.

Keep looking, please.  Thumbs down on this one.
My Signature
The ultimate test of skepticism is questioning your own beliefs-attributed to Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) Mathematician & Astronomer

#5 JamesRob

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigation (obviously), movies, baseball, hockey, and I do manage to steal some time to read.

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:21 AM

It looks to me like it's just the sun shining on the wall just inside the door. I really don't see much of a figure.

#6 Ectoplazzum

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:55 AM

I didn't see anything at first, until I looked at the ground where the doorway meets the yard, and then I noticed what look like two shadowy "shoes" to me.  It's after you spot those "shoes" and let your eyes roam upward that you can see the "legs" coming out of the "shoes".  It looks to me like if it IS a humanoid shape, it's wearing a white "wife beater" shirt, but above where the shoulders would be I can't see the shape of a head.  Kind of creepy, though, even if it's only a trick of the light and the brain attempting to make it look like something recognizable.

#7 TomorrowAlora

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

I noticed the shoes first too!
My Signature

#8 Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

There is nothing there .. just pixels and illusions.

Posted Image

#9 NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,108 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

Snowlord has spoken..  It looks like this mystery is solved :)
My Signature

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#10 Sinohmi

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

I think he scared the pixels out of it

#11 Emily_Meissner

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:45 AM

What a cool house!  I don't see anything in the photos...but I still think it looks super creepy!

#12 TomorrowAlora

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:41 PM

View PostNightWalker_07, on 15 July 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

LOL-- looks like we might as well close the thread :P

View PostSinohmi, on 15 July 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

I think he scared the pixels out of it

LOL a new super power perhaps?

View PostEmily_Meissner, on 16 July 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

What a cool house!  I don't see anything in the photos...but I still think it looks super creepy!

It was! There were murals on the wall that were eerie, foreboding even. I loved it ;)
My Signature

#13 Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

View PostTomorrowAlora, on 16 July 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

It was! There were murals on the wall that were eerie, foreboding even. I loved it ;)
Ok, you really need to post those pictures if you took any.  Curiosity is finally getting the better of me...
My Signature
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

#14 Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:28 AM

View PostNightWalker_07, on 15 July 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

Ahhh ... the power!   :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com