39 replies to this topic

#1 Snickers

Snickers

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 234 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:42 PM

For instance, last night I was on my computer. My bedroom door is next to my desk, my desk is in the living room, and the bedroom door was closed. I thought I heard scratching coming from the bedroom, something scratching on the inside of the door. I shrugged it off as my imagination, or the dogs, and go back to what I was doing. Later, as I got ready for bed, I went into my bedroom and started to turn down the covers on my bed and the light went out. :cwy:      Remembering the scratching, I ran out of the room, slammed the door shut and slept on the couch!  lol The next day, I checked, and it was only a blown light bulb, and the dog was under my desk, making the same scratching noise with his paws. Silly me! :rolleyes:
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#2 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:47 PM

..... yes.. lol everytime I look in the mirror.
Posted Image

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,511 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:44 PM

LOL, I have done something similar Snickers when I knew there was a mouse in the house. Long story short the mouse had run into my bedroom. So I pushed the seats down in my car and slept in there until my daughter told me the trap went off and the mouse was gone. The funny thing was while I was trying to sleep in the car our cat had jumped onto the car roof and was looking at me through the windscreen. :)

You are too funny Froots :New:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:40 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 16 May 2018 - 10:44 PM, said:

LOL, I have done something similar Snickers when I knew there was a mouse in the house. Long story short the mouse had run into my bedroom. So I pushed the seats down in my car and slept in there until my daughter told me the trap went off and the mouse was gone. The funny thing was while I was trying to sleep in the car our cat had jumped onto the car roof and was looking at me through the windscreen. :)

You are too funny Froots :New:

Lol, it's not far from the truth.I have a hard time with facial recognitions, Meaning like I can recognize you by your voice, but if I don't see you every day, or if you change just the slightest in your appearance, It freaks me out. And I don't know who you are until you say "Hi" But I don't see myself all the time, and I have been losing weight from being sick these past 7 months, I have a hard time recognizing who is staring back at me, and it freaks me out a bit.
Posted Image

#5 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,511 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:15 AM

That is really interesting froots; are you able to picture things in your mind and how does that affect your art?
Posted Image

#6 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:44 AM

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 17 May 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Lol, it's not far from the truth.I have a hard time with facial recognitions, Meaning like I can recognize you by your voice, but if I don't see you every day, or if you change just the slightest in your appearance, It freaks me out. And I don't know who you are until you say "Hi" But I don't see myself all the time, and I have been losing weight from being sick these past 7 months, I have a hard time recognizing who is staring back at me, and it freaks me out a bit.

I am the opposite.  I can recognize a face (but almost always forget their name if its been awhile).  On another note....My eyesight is bad.  I have a condition called Fuchs Dystophy   https://www.allabout...l-dystrophy.htm

I am unable to see peoples faces from not too far away (say more than 40-50').  But, I have compensated that issue by paying attention to how you walk and stand.  I can tell by peoples strut as they walk as to who they are.  I can remember voices only to a point.  Mostly they need to be a more unique voice.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#7 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,511 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:57 AM

View PostLouczarGStudy, on 17 May 2018 - 04:44 AM, said:

I am the opposite.  I can recognize a face (but almost always forget their name if its been awhile).  On another note....My eyesight is bad.  I have a condition called Fuchs Dystophy   https://www.allabout...l-dystrophy.htm

I am unable to see peoples faces from not too far away (say more than 40-50').  But, I have compensated that issue by paying attention to how you walk and stand.  I can tell by peoples strut as they walk as to who they are.  I can remember voices only to a point.  Mostly they need to be a more unique voice.

It sounds painful, I only have presbyopia. This conversation is right up MichelleGS alley :yes:
Posted Image

#8 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:36 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 17 May 2018 - 05:57 AM, said:

It sounds painful, I only have presbyopia. This conversation is right up MichelleGS alley :yes:
It's more of a pain in the bottom.  I also have another issue that I assume is tied to the fuchs dystrophy.  It has started since my last optometrist visit.  I call it foggy eye.  As long as I get up before it's light outside, I dont have the issue.  If I sleep in and get up after daylight.  My vision is a little foggy.  Kinda like when its a little foggy in the early morning.  For me, it is like that inside or outside for the next 2-3 hours.
Life is short, enjoy it!

#9 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:59 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 17 May 2018 - 03:15 AM, said:

That is really interesting froots; are you able to picture things in your mind and how does that affect your art?

I zone out when I draw, so I don't really think about what I am doing until it's ready to fill in with color lol.

Also, your signature looks like your ghost just dropped his glass of milk lol.

Ahhh my thing is called prosopagnosia
Posted Image

#10 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,339 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:23 PM

To my knowledge, I've never really spooked myself. Unless you mean, looking out a window at night and being afraid that something will be looking in at me.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#11 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:44 PM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 17 May 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

To my knowledge, I've never really spooked myself. Unless you mean, looking out a window at night and being afraid that something will be looking in at me.

Lol, I feel that way when I pass the mirror in the bathroom at night.
Posted Image

#12 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,339 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:52 PM

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 17 May 2018 - 01:44 PM, said:

Lol, I feel that way when I pass the mirror in the bathroom at night.

OMG, with you mentioning that I remember I get that way, too. Whenever I look into the mirror at night, I get the feeling that I'll look at my reflection and see someone standing behind me looking at me.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 17 May 2018 - 01:54 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#13 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:17 PM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 17 May 2018 - 01:52 PM, said:

OMG, with you mentioning that I remember I get that way, too. Whenever I look into the mirror at night, I get the feeling that I'll look at my reflection and see someone standing behind me looking at me.

That scares me too, or like, it may be a demon staring back at you.... spooky.
Posted Image

#14 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:43 AM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 17 May 2018 - 01:52 PM, said:

Guilty here too.  I will purposely look at the floor if the bathroom is dark and turn on the lights before looking up
Life is short, enjoy it!

#15 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,339 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 01:43 PM

The worse thing is when it's night the shower curtain is partially closed, and you're afraid someone is going to peek around it to look at you.

Posted Image

My Shop

#16 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:47 PM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 18 May 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

The worse thing is when it's night the shower curtain is partially closed, and you're afraid someone is going to peek around it to look at you.

That's why my shower curtain in one bathroom is clear, and the other one in the half bath is always open.... because when it is closed, one of our spooks likes to hide in there and turn on the water.
Posted Image

#17 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,339 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:51 PM

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 18 May 2018 - 02:47 PM, said:

That's why my shower curtain in one bathroom is clear, and the other one in the half bath is always open.... because when it is closed, one of our spooks likes to hide in there and turn on the water.
Please, don't mention that! You'll give my ghosts new schemes to try out. :anim_63:

Posted Image

My Shop

#18 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 02:58 AM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 18 May 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

Please, don't mention that! You'll give my ghosts new schemes to try out. :anim_63:

Lol, they are already trying to figure out how to turn the water on as was speak
Posted Image

#19 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 06:09 AM

Only glass showers in our house....Just say no to shower curtains :-)
Life is short, enjoy it!

#20 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,511 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 06:33 AM

View PostLouczarGStudy, on 19 May 2018 - 06:09 AM, said:

Only glass showers in our house....Just say no to shower curtains :-)

Lol, I have no doors or curtains or glass for that matter in my shower.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users