4 replies to this topic

#1 spineofsnake

spineofsnake

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:53 PM

I am wondering how many people here are just general paranormal seekers, and how many see ghosts and the paranormal through a particular religious framework - and if so, if/how that affects people you help who are dealing with hauntings. For example, I am a Vodou priestess and we have specific ways of dealing with the dead and a specific perspective on how they fit into the universe. I am still "open" to different theories around the paranormal, but in terms of how I deal with it I use the methods I've been taught in my religion because they are very effective.

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,443 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:38 PM

Using those parameters, I guess I am a general paranormal seeker. I do not use a set type of method for dealing with the paranormal, but use many different types to suit the situation.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 01:20 AM

I wasn't a paranormal seeker at all but it seemed to be able to find me. I have always had a belief and was brought up as a Christian but nothing really beyond having religious lessons during primary school.  

I believe there are a lot of hypocrites in any religion. I think your belief whatever it may be, has to be something you feel in your heart every day not just on special occasions like Easter or Christmas.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:47 AM

I also have had a number of experiences throughout my whole life.  I cannot tie anything to having a christian faith.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#5 Snickers

Snickers

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:50 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 22 June 2018 - 01:20 AM, said:

I wasn't a paranormal seeker at all but it seemed to be able to find me. I have always had a belief and was brought up as a Christian but nothing really beyond having religious lessons during primary school.

Me too, it found me, and I try to avoid it if possible. Though I know it's there, the paranormal, I don't want it to be. Does that make sense? I'm hiding my head in the sand. But yet, my ghost vanished more than a year ago, and I still come here and read about them. It facinates me, and scares me. I don't delve into it the way a lot of you do here. I love reading the stories though.
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers