• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Snickers

Snickers

EVP

• GS Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:56 AM

Has anyone ever had a toy do strange things? We (on two different occasions) had electronic toy dinosaurs in the house. They belonged to the grandkids. One stood about a foot tall, had a cord attached, and with the push of a button could walk across the floor and roar. The other one moved his head back and forth and roared. Well, they would wake us up in the middle of the night, roaring and moving. My son (adult) and I came out or our rooms at the same time, both asking what is that noise? We followed the sound to the toy room, and the dinosaur was roaring and moving. We turned it off. The next night, it did the same thing. We moved them out onto the porch, we no longer wanted them in the house. This happened with each dinosaur on two different times, not at the same time. It happened again the next night, We couldn't figure out how they got back into the house. We put them in the trash. The smaller one, even after we put it into the trash, made its way back into the house again, and again woke us up roaring. I finally waited for the trash pickup guys, put it in the trash bag and watched them put it on their truck. Thankfully, we never saw it again. The small one even roared after we remove the batteries. I know that is not possible, but it happened. I was wondering if anyone else has had a toy do strange things?
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#2 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Earthbound Spirit

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:40 PM

My friend had a clown doll that wouldn't go away, she and her mom threw it out multiple times and kept finding it again around the house. They knew it was the same one because it was missing an eye. So she brought it to my house to look at it, and we decided it was going to stay with me that night to see if it would go back to her house. Well my dad's wife at the time was pretty mean to me, and she didn't believe in ghosts. My friend and I were telling her about the clown doll, and she laughed at us, took the clown doll, and smashed it's head and said "Problem solved." I was soooo mad. We threw it away, and it never came back... but.. our microwave stopped working for like a week after that. Lol.

Your dinosaurs are creepy. I hope they don't randomly show up again someday.
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#3 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:03 PM

I've had a few encounters with haunted toys, dolls actually. Here are two examples:

Yesteryears Doll Museum used to be in Sandwich on Cape Cod. It was housed in 'The First Parish Meetinghouse'. It was an old church built in 1638. It two floors. The top floor housed lead figures, set up as battlefields. The basement housed the old porcelain dolls. When my Mother and I were going down the steps to that room, We both felt a creepy vibe, coming from the it. I really didn't want to go down there. There was one large doll case in the room. It was made of glass and was u-shaped. You had to go round a corner, to see the dolls in the middle. As I rounded the corner of the case, I saw IT. There was this one doll, immediately my eyes zeroed in on it. It was what I was sensing, when I was coming down the steps. It was about 18-inches tall and dressed in white baby bunting-type clothes. My mother felt it also. As we quickly left the room, I kept my eyes glued to it. The doll's head moved, it turned and watched us leaving the room. Honestly, it scared me half to death. I hadn't gone back for years, until a few summer later. My niece wanted to see it for herself, but the doll museum had closed down. It was now a private residence. None of the neighbors knew what happened to the dolls. I pity the person who now ones it.

Also, I had a Raggedy Andy doll. I hated that doll. I could not sleep if that doll was in my room.  It was a brand new doll, not an antique. Not long after my parents gave it to me, odd things started to happen. I had a wicker chair in my room next to my closet, I put Andy in it. The only thing was, while I tried to go to sleep, I couldn’t stand Andy looking at me. So, I turned him around, so he'd face the back of the chair. The next morning as I woke up, I turned over and looked at the chair. During the night, Andy had turned around and was now staring at the bed. I thought maybe my Mother had come in and had turned it back around. So, I didn’t think anything of it. That night, I again turned him toward the back of the chair. The next morning, he had turned and was facing my bed, again. When I went to bed that night, I turned him back towards the back of the chair. The next morning, he was staring at me again!  Now, I asked my Mother if she was turning him around and I just wasn’t waking up, when she entered my room? She told me, she hadn’t been in my room, for any of the times that Andy moved. That did it, this time I put him in the closet and locked the closet door.The next morning, he was back in the chair staring at me! I finally had it; I wanted nothing more to do with him. I picked him up, carried him into the kitchen. My Mother was at the sink and threw him at her and said, " I don’t want him anymore!". He was brand new, so I have no idea why it was trying to frighten me. He's been relegated to an old trunk, in the cellar.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#4 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,278 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:21 PM

I love these stories! I'm always a little wary of electronic toys as they have a habit of waking up by themselves and having a chat don't they?

I remember an episode of Paranormal Witness with a tickle me elmo doll... that one creeped me out for a few days!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#5 chapsparanormal

chapsparanormal

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigation, Martial Arts, Travel, Geocaching

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:01 AM

When I was younger and stupider, I belonged to a small group of people that studied the Occult. I was raised in the Spiritualist faith, did my training there as well. But I guess like a gateway we needed to go further (for a short period as most teens do) Made a Ouija board, burned in wood sealed in blood the whole gambit. Home made. Years later we did get rid of it. Threw in the garbage pile, left in the forest, busted and burned no matter what to my memory this thing kept ending up back where we were. Subtle though, like you would just come across it. I parted ways with a few friends, and never did see it again. Who knows, maybe it is still out there

For the record I personally think Ouija is a bit of a mind inducing game rather than a portal but, this stuff was strange. I have used a Ouija on investigation, to no ill effect or any result.
Dave Gibb,
Director Canadian Haunting and Paranormal Society
http://www.chapsparanormal.ca
Liaison TAPS Family International.
Oshawa Ontario Canada

#6 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:56 PM

I've never found an item linked to psychometric properties but if there was an item or if this is possible I would think that a "bed" would be the most haunted. A third of our lives are spent sleeping and if energy was linked to items, I would think beds might be a perfect object.

Psychometry is a relatively new belief perpetuated by Buchanan in the 1840's. Science has widely criticized this theory but then again they criticize the paranormal because it can't be tested with their formula.

chapsparanormal, on 11 March 2017 - 07:01 AM, said:

For the record I personally think Ouija is a bit of a mind inducing game rather than a portal but, this stuff was strange. I have used a Ouija on investigation, to no ill effect or any result.

For the most part, I do agree and in most cases where experimentation takes place, events are usually benign. But, on the rare occasion, (and there have been plenty of them), odd things seemingly happen and usually spin in a dark way. Dave, it's very much like paranormal activity, most often naturally explained but sometimes you know there's more to it when all you answers become exhausted using logic.

I think we just need to keep an open mind. Just because it hasn't happened to us personally doesn't omit the possibility of existence. I've never witnessed a ship sinking but it doesn't mean it hasn't occurred.

I personally do not see them as a viable form of investigative practice. I keep myself safe that way using this rationalization. I'm mostly a skeptic and always look for critical thinking as a mainstay of practice.

It's interesting how belief systems recommend certain practices in disposal of Talking boards. Most notable, the Warrens (ALWAYS) recommended never to burn or break them, instead, either bury or sink them in a deep body of water. Burning or breaking them according to them will magnify the activity astronomically.

Edited by EVP, 12 March 2017 - 04:46 AM.

Posted Image

#7 Muriel

Muriel

Apport

• GS Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:58 PM

Good Evening!

When I was six or seven years old, I had a baby doll that any little girl would have loved.  It was perhaps 10 to 12 inches long with an adorable little face and I think one of the first soft vinyl bodies.  I recall the 'skin' was soft, so I assume it was vinyl.  This baby doll terrified me.  When the adults tucked me in, the doll was beside me, and since it made no sense that I should be so terrified of it, it remained.  

One night as I lay there - can't remember whether it was totally dark or not - but I do recall vividly that the doll was beside me, with its head tucked into my armpit.  I was very aware that it was there, and I recall feeling very apprehensive.  Suddenly a jolt of electricity shot through my armpit where the doll's head was resting!  I think I jumped ten feet and screamed bloody murder.  An adult fled to my rescue, and I demanded that the doll be moved as far away from me as possible.  I do not recall what happened to it, nor do I recall ever seeing it again.  

I am interested in other's take on this situation.

Muriel!

#8 Valence

Valence

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:01 PM

This isn't probably anything out of the ordinary but I got scared of my childhood Furby toy since it suddenly started 'screaming' one day. It was Christmas and I had just received that fluffy friend as a present and was super eager to get to play with it. It was all fun and games until the Furby suddenly started to make a loud continuous noise for a while, like it was stuck or something and the little child me got really frightened.
The Furby scared me even more back then because it started making weird beeping noises when no one was in the same room.

Posted Image

I dreamed a dream so pretty that I don't feel so depressed,

'cause it soothes my inner kitty and it helps me get some rest

#9 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:47 AM

They talk when no ones around, as a way to amuse themselves. Yes, they are creepy that way, that's how they were manufactured. They are so bizarre. You needed to get another one, so when you're not playing with it, they'll talk to each other, which is again, creepy.

Seriously, a toy should not be able to talk back to me. Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, no way, no how. :no: IMO, those things were made by Satan himself... :yes:

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users