37 replies to this topic

#21 moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:53 AM

View PostVlawde, on 10 May 2011 - 06:28 PM, said:

Say, what ever happened to ODC? Seeing this made me realize I havent seen him around in months
He's probably just taking a break. I tend to float on and off here. I've had an account for many years but I've been known to disappear for up to a year and then come back.

#22 Gaines76

Orb

• GS Member
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Piano, Kickboxing, Finance, Economics, Investment, Business, Running and Reading

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:14 AM

Those are a nice set of guidlines for the forum man. Nice job on that.

#23 GTParanormal

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:57 AM

View PostOffDutyCopGStudy, on 06 May 2010 - 03:12 PM, said:

4. Always Tell the Truth! Never, under any circumstances, purposefully fabricate a piece of evidence, or knowingly give false answers to questions. If you don't know the answer, say "I DON'T KNOW"!

ODC, this is, in my opinion, one of the most important parts of paranormal investigation.  There are so many resources available for people to fabricate and alter evidence and potential evidence, and it can cause so many problems for this field.

Half of my team and I recently went to Eastern State Penitentiary for the historic tours they offer there.  We went first thing in the morning, right when it opened up, before too many tourists flooded into it.  I was down by the entrance to The Hole, taking pictures and rolling on my digital recorder.  Out of the 400+ pictures I took at the Pen, the two that stood out were taken down here.  In one picture I thought that I caught a light anomaly, a potential manifestation of some spirit form.  I was very excited to say the least.  But upon presenting it to my Evidence Tech (who is very good at what he does), he successfully debunked it as being the camera's flash reflected off of one of the bars on the gate that sealed off the location to the public.  I can't even say that I was disappointed at this; in fact I was very happy to know how good a Tech my team is lucky enough to have.

What made our evidence review even better is the fact that in another picture, taken at the same time in the same place, actually does have the potential of being some kind of manifestation.  It is a dark shadow that blocks out the light it forms next to; you can see the dimmed light through the shadow.  Also, it blocks out the yellow caution tape that is wrapped around the pipes down there; you can also see the faint yellow of the tape through the shadow.  It might not make sense without seeing it, but I did a write-up on it, and the importance of having a good evidence tech, last night on our site's Blog.  I think it's very interesting.

Your write-up was great; and the fact that you're a law enforcement officer, which is such a highly respected position in society, makes it even better.  Thank you for taking the time!!

-Candace!

Edited by GTParanormal, 08 October 2011 - 11:00 AM.

#24 beaniekins

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:16 AM

Very interesting to read. Have you thought of or already writing novels?  :yes:

#25 ExtremeVisionParaVlogger

Orb

• GS Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:07 PM

Love this! Can I link back to this in my Blog?
My Signature
I am the Paranormal Entertainer extraordinaire!
VV  Check out my work  VV
Vlog(youtube channel)-CLICK
Blog (Blog also contains all vlogs)-CLICK

#26 Spirit of the Appalachians

Orb

• GS Member
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:The arts, music of all kinds, history, film, sciences, nature, photography, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

I could not agree more with this post. OffDutyCopGStudy you have brought up every point and more I make to the members of our group. There is a huge difference between subjective and objective evidence and looking for the objective, natural awnser should not be looked upon as being closed minded on a non believer. Instead it is the search for the truth. In this field credability is all we've got and if you loose that then you are doing more harm than good when it comes to try to advance the idea of paranormal research. In our group written reports are generated on every file and if we don't make any mistakes cross-referenced with the other files. For example if we take our audio evidence and are analysing it and we also have a video camera running we try to cross reference our files to build a whole picture and docuement that. When a file has been reviewed and analysed we then ask the reviewer and the investigators to sign a statement affirming that they were honest in the investigative methods and analysis and did not fabricate anything. In fact I'll include that short affermation here:

"We the undersigned do affirm and attest to the honesty and truthfulness of this report. No event, occurrence, or evidence was in any way manipulated, manufactured, staged, or fabricated during the investigation. All evidence has been truthfully and faithfully reported herein."

We also try to keep an objective mind and relize some evidence is stronger than others. Because photographs can be so easily manipulated these days and because ever speak of dust can not be see as a spirit we have a policy of looking at photographs as the weakest of evidence. That doesn't mean we don't use still photography or that we throw all photos out. What ie means is we try and build more evidence around the photosgraph if we think something might be legitamately there. Staying objective and open is hard when you think you hear or see something exciting in your evidence we know but it the ethical way to continue the investigation.

BTW we reciently investigated a theatre here in western NC. My daughters came up to help out that night. They both are dancers and when I had my daughter do a combination accross the stage about 3 seconds after she ended the combintation it looked not like a snow storm but a blizzard of orb!!! LOL Of course this was dust but if there had been something paranormal in one of this orbs it would be nearly impossible to find the "one". So if we get something interesting that looks orb'ish we continue working and realize that what we have, if anything, in that image is the weakest of evidence if evidence at all.

When I get the ok I'll post our link to our Youtube page since I've edited some pretty long videos for peer review if it is ok to post a Youtube link.

Thank you so much for your insightful post and I will pass this on as recomended reading to our members.
Tony
Spirit of the Appalachians Paranormal Research Society

#27 GRAVEYARD HOUND

Ectoplasm

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, general and specific, collecting art, exotic cars,edged weapons/fire arms, occult books, travel, cruises esp., Middle Ages, no not mine, painting, am an artist, well sorta, women, no I'm not gay, Anything else, ask.BTW, Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, researcher in "paranormal" "things" as well as "darker "arts".

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

Both pages were quite interesting abd I appreciate how the information was presented, by all that commented, and good  learning experience.
My Signature
" No, I don't know what is wrong. Hell, if I did know, do you honestly think I'd be trying to find a real witch to give me some valid information"?

#28 lily18

Orb

• GS Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

I like the way you presented your information. I kinda miss that show about Paranormal Cops who approached each case as you would a crime scene. I agree that we cannot get emotional or angry about non-believers. We do owe it to the non-paranormal community to present all the facts and evidence we have, and present it as we would any other event which may not be paranormal.
I watch, "Fact or Faked" as it seems to be quite evidential and they rule out other causes as much as possible.

:thanks:

Lily

#29 GRAVEYARD HOUND

Ectoplasm

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, general and specific, collecting art, exotic cars,edged weapons/fire arms, occult books, travel, cruises esp., Middle Ages, no not mine, painting, am an artist, well sorta, women, no I'm not gay, Anything else, ask.BTW, Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, researcher in "paranormal" "things" as well as "darker "arts".

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

Present my case? I don't think it is even necessary. Most recent stats, show more folks are believers in some type of life after death,down here, ghosts included, not just angels or demons, though they were mentioned. It is simply a matter of belief, either one does or one does not.You don't have to see a "ghost" to believe that there are 'things' that cannot be explained by science, so why not let good old, hard to disprove "ghosts", be the solution. The ones of us who have come across the path of , well, you know, and it either cconfirmed our doubts or gave rise to new ones but I'd bet it didn't make them  go away.
My Signature
" No, I don't know what is wrong. Hell, if I did know, do you honestly think I'd be trying to find a real witch to give me some valid information"?

#30 Icanhearyou

EVP

• GS Member
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Mediums, Haunted Houses, EVP's, Ghosts, TV shows about ghosts. Not really all that interested when it comes to UFO's and Bigfoot.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

This is the first time I read this thread and I also have to say that it was well said. I started on this message board a few years ago and I posted a few things here and there. This was the first paranormal message board community I ever joined and those few posts I shared received a response by the same person. This one member kept making comments to my posts and instantly dismissed everything I said. I wasn't posting pictures or anything, just sharing stories. I thought "he" was an administrator or something but wasn't, anyway, it was enough to keep me away from this site for a while because he was just being a jerk. I hope this thread kept people like him in line or maybe this person got himself kicked off this site already.
My Signature
"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." Edgar Allen Poe

#31 Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostIcanhearyou, on 14 February 2013 - 06:02 PM, said:

This is the first time I read this thread and I also have to say that it was well said. I started on this message board a few years ago and I posted a few things here and there. This was the first paranormal message board community I ever joined and those few posts I shared received a response by the same person. This one member kept making comments to my posts and instantly dismissed everything I said. I wasn't posting pictures or anything, just sharing stories. I thought "he" was an administrator or something but wasn't, anyway, it was enough to keep me away from this site for a while because he was just being a jerk. I hope this thread kept people like him in line or maybe this person got himself kicked off this site already.

You should be able to use the search function and see if this person is still an active board member and the date of his last visit.  If anyone ever gives you guff, please don't hesitate to report the post and contact the staff.  I'm sorry this person was such a jerk.

#32 Icanhearyou

EVP

• GS Member
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Mediums, Haunted Houses, EVP's, Ghosts, TV shows about ghosts. Not really all that interested when it comes to UFO's and Bigfoot.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

Thank you Augustine, I will keep that in mind. :good: I should have done that in the first place, instead of disappearing. :anim_63:
My Signature
"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." Edgar Allen Poe

#33 bree2981

EVP

• GS Member
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:14 AM

gr8 forum!!!!!! havent been on lately ,had other things goin on..but everyday u learn something new ...kudos :bunny:
My Signature
Posted Image

#34 Portia2012

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, Channeling, New Age, Ascended Masters, Egypt, Atlantis, Avalon, Law...

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:01 AM

This is so true. I have to admit that I have got upset before and felt threatened when people have not shared my few. I still do from time to time, but I am getting better at saying that is their opinion and move on
My Signature
Posted Image

Made by SIlent Walker :)

#35 Laura

Orb

• GS Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:18 PM

Well said. I have been labeled a fraud and a freak because of my abilities. So again I say well said. And bless you

#36 Spriteyspirit

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:57 PM

The older I get the less scared and more sad I get.

#37 coloradoparanormal

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal and space and Black cats. I have 2!

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:25 AM

Hello thank you for reading my very true story and if anyone else has experienced anything like this. I would love to hear from you. About 7 years ago I was struggling with a percocet addiction and decided I needed help. I couldn't afford a fancy drug rehabilitation place so I chose to go the public route.The place (hopefully I don't get in trouble) is called the stout street foundation in Commerce City Colorado. they took a large old hotel and converted it into a Drug rehab/prison. It had non violent criminals mixed with people looking for help not in trouble with the law. I was not in trouble with the law but in need of help. I have still never been in a building with such a dark energy. I was bunked with about 10 other men on bunk beds in a normal sized hotel room. One of the men in particular was very chatty with everyone. He was telling all of his tails about getting high on meth and having sex all night in this same hotel and talking about how it was a basically a run down drug hotel in the 80's. This guy had a very creepy/dark vibe to him and you can tell he has done some very bad things in his life. This was the very first night of being there. The room was dark but still very visible dew to the window and hallway light. I couldn't sleep. I had a top bunk and it must have been 85 degrees. Everyone else was sound asleep. I was tossing and turning and very alert. I remember I was on my side facing the wall and flipped sides towards the room. When I turned over and looked into the room I saw this starling figure of a large dark man with a huge grin from ear to ear with red glowing eyes was standing right over the man I mentioned before. He was sound asleep still. I stared at it for at least 7 seconds just standing there grinning, looking right at the sleeping guy. I blinked and it was gone. I don't even think the grinner realized I was looking at him. He was just so fixated on the man. It seemed like he was attached to him some how. I am not religious and have never had a ghost experience before. I definitely know i was not hallucinating. The drug withdrawals hadn't started yet. This event has haunted me ever since it happened and I cant remember the last time I had good night sleep. I know what I saw and it was as real as anything. If anyone out there can relate to this please tell me your experience too. In case you guys were wondering I have been drug free for 6 years.

Attached Files

#38 hcwarrior34

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:01 PM

THIS ISN'T EVEN CLOSE. GO CHECK OUT THESE REAL SIGHTINGS THEY ARE HORRIFYING!!!!!!!  

I had to remove your link. We don't allow hawking of your Youtube channel in a post, but you may place it in your signature. ~ McCGStudy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com