• You cannot reply to this topic
46 replies to this topic

#21 moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:08 PM

I can't stand most of them but I like A Haunting... where it's not just investigations or someone talking but reenacted like a movie. Others like it as well though that format seems to be rare. Shows like Ghost Hunters are so obviously fake that I find them incredibly annoying.

#22 Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,702 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 03 March 2017 - 06:08 PM

I'm not a fan of the re enactment shows like A Haunting or Paranormal Witness (or Paranormal Witless as I like to call it!) It's like a ghost story around a campfire but that's it. I've talked to a few people involved in these shows. They say mostly made up, and what grains of truth are highly exaggerated
My Signature
Posted Image

#23 moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:57 AM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 03 March 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

I'm not a fan of the re enactment shows like A Haunting or Paranormal Witness (or Paranormal Witless as I like to call it!) It's like a ghost story around a campfire but that's it. I've talked to a few people involved in these shows. They say mostly made up, and what grains of truth are highly exaggerated

That wouldn't surprise me in the least. But so are the other ghost shows. Ghosts don't perform on que.

#24 capn b

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:41 AM

View Postmoiraesfate, on 03 March 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

I can't stand most of them but I like A Haunting... where it's not just investigations or someone talking but reenacted like a movie. Others like it as well though that format seems to be rare. Shows like Ghost Hunters are so obviously fake that I find them incredibly annoying.

You havent watched ghost hunters if you think they are fake. Ghost adventures I could understand that line of thinking by the way they scream and holler at a roach fart.  But ghost hunters is about as legit as they come. BTW, dont you think people who dont work for the industry any more would come out and say a show like TAPS was faked? Or even ghost adventures for that matter. There was a Bishop who would be on some of the GA shows from time to time. (The Bob Mackey episode comes to mind) Anyway. in the interview, he says he gets asked all the time if Zak Bagans ever faked anything and he said no. Heres a link to the interview.  http://beforeitsnews...ts-2463106.html
My Signature
Just because you cant see it, doesn't mean it's not there

#25 eeek8

Orb

• GS Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:59 AM

View Postcapn b, on 06 March 2017 - 11:41 AM, said:

You havent watched ghost hunters if you think they are fake. Ghost adventures I could understand that line of thinking by the way they scream and holler at a roach fart.  But ghost hunters is about as legit as they come. BTW, dont you think people who dont work for the industry any more would come out and say a show like TAPS was faked? Or even ghost adventures for that matter. There was a Bishop who would be on some of the GA shows from time to time. (The Bob Mackey episode comes to mind) Anyway. in the interview, he says he gets asked all the time if Zak Bagans ever faked anything and he said no. Heres a link to the interview.  http://beforeitsnews...ts-2463106.html

I have not watched many episodes of Ghost Hunters, but I remember an investigation during which Grant possibly faked a jacket pull.  I watched the video on youtube a few times over trying to figure it out.  Did he actually fake it?  Can't say, but it certainly didn't make the GH team look good.
It's difficult to say how real and how fake some of these shows are, but they could never keep an audience with weekly episodes if they never found evidence.  Which is why GA keeps telling me every freaking bug is a "light anomaly that we can't explain" and Zak hears "class A EVPs" when I can't decipher a darn thing, lol.

#26 capn b

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:35 PM

View Posteeek8, on 06 March 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

I have not watched many episodes of Ghost Hunters, but I remember an investigation during which Grant possibly faked a jacket pull.  I watched the video on youtube a few times over trying to figure it out.  Did he actually fake it?  Can't say, but it certainly didn't make the GH team look good.
It's difficult to say how real and how fake some of these shows are, but they could never keep an audience with weekly episodes if they never found evidence.  Which is why GA keeps telling me every freaking bug is a "light anomaly that we can't explain" and Zak hears "class A EVPs" when I can't decipher a darn thing, lol.

Yeah I know exactly what episode you're talking about. I was watching it live when it happen and like you, I've watched it a few times on youtube.  To this day he denies he did anything but I cant deny how bad it looks and I'm a huge fan of TAPS.

I agree with you that they have to keep the viewers interest and I think thats why GA became more popular than Ghost Hunters. TAPS would show episodes where they wouldnt catch anything. Bagans claims they do the same. I've never seen an episode of Ghost Adventures where they didn't "catch something" I've seen a lot of TAPS episodes where they didnt catch anything at all. And I think thats one reason why they stopped showing home investigations because they just werent getting evidence they could get from a known haunted location.

So they started filming these locations at "Haunted Locations" where they would be more likely to find evidence. But their ratings still werent keeping up with them from what I understand. A lot of it is because of the way GA freaks out over anything and everything which seems a lot of people can relate too. Personally, I've been to some of the same places both crews have been to and  investigated and I've never reacted the way GA does. But thats just me.  

I could be absolutely wrong about this, but if i had to choose a show that did fake something its Ghost Adventures. Thats only because I've never seen them do a show where they didn't claim to catch an evp or video evidence.

View Postmoiraesfate, on 04 March 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

That wouldn't surprise me in the least. But so are the other ghost shows. Ghosts don't perform on que.

Nope they dont. But thats why some of the people doing investigations spend up to 8 hours at a place. I've never been on a investigation for that long because I would have gotten bored or fell asleep.
My Signature

#27 chapsparanormal

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigation, Martial Arts, Travel, Geocaching

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:48 PM

At one of the reunions I spoke to Grant about this over a beer, frankly sometimes it has to be dramatized somewhat as it is a show. Producers are what they are. But not faked, they stayed pretty clean with that. Drama may have come with reactions to things I would gather, but true the show was boring at times to a degree due to keeping their integrity on evidence. Jason of course became executive producer, and I can assure you he is a pretty hard core person when it comes to this as he has built a network based on it. They audit their teams in the TAPS Family( I know I'm one of them )  So I believe they would expect no less of themselves.
I will admit, due to the fact our methodology is very similar so the shows for me get a little dry. GAC, is more entertaining. However I do a lot more yelling at the screen LOL. I don't get the whole review evidence on the spot. We debunk 90% of our audio hits in the process afterwards, comparing to video which we film the crew not what we're watching so we can see who maybe made a noise. Your mind will make you hear what you want at the time.
Never been a fan of that at all. Live review leads to way too much compelling evidence.
My Signature
Dave Gibb,
Director Canadian Haunting and Paranormal Society
http://www.chapsparanormal.ca
Liaison TAPS Family International.
Oshawa Ontario Canada

#28 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:39 PM

I've met both Jay and grant. They are the nicest, most sincere people you could ever meet.
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#29 chapsparanormal

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:03 PM

Actually very much practical jokers as well. Honestly all the guys on the show are like that. You will catch them when they are in TV mode. Meh whatever but sit around a fire and just talk as people, really great.

KJ McCormick and I sat up til the sun rose, honestly... the dude is so real it's ridiculous really awesome.
My Signature
Dave Gibb,
Oshawa Ontario Canada

#30 moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:34 PM

There is an episode of Ghost Hunters with something in black that walks toward the camera then turns and walks around. They are in an asylum. Problem is, you can see the running shoe of the person wearing the black pointed hat robe when it turns around. So yes, they fake things. They all do. You can't force a ghost to perform for a tv show. Far too much happens on these shows in 24 hours, or even 48 hours for them to be real. Do you really think there's this much activity all the time in every haunted house? Why would there be? Do you know how much energy that would take for something with no flesh and bones to help them? It's a tv show. It's no more real than any of these other reality tv shows, its just cheaper for the companies to film.

#31 capn b

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:59 PM

View Postmoiraesfate, on 06 March 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

There is an episode of Ghost Hunters with something in black that walks toward the camera then turns and walks around. They are in an asylum. Problem is, you can see the running shoe of the person wearing the black pointed hat robe when it turns around. So yes, they fake things. They all do. You can't force a ghost to perform for a tv show. Far too much happens on these shows in 24 hours, or even 48 hours for them to be real. Do you really think there's this much activity all the time in every haunted house? Why would there be? Do you know how much energy that would take for something with no flesh and bones to help them? It's a tv show. It's no more real than any of these other reality tv shows, its just cheaper for the companies to film.

LOL... Seriously ? Wow. I know what episode you're talking about. And I've read a lot of things what it could be, but an actual person with a running shoe on with a black pointed hat robe? I would love for you to put up a photo of that and point out those things to me. Because I went and watched it again after reading what you said and I couldnt see anything close to what you were talking about. But if thats what you saw, I'll guess we can just agree to disagree on that one.
My Signature

#32 Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,702 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:58 PM

Yeah, that was an 8-year old episode inside Eastern State Penitentiary. They were puzzled, but never claimed it was a ghost. Here's the video:

https://www.youtube....h?v=AZJbMGYyZTk

This was when Brian was with them. They tried to recreate it but couldn't get the same effect. But the camera was up there running for quite awhile, so it's certainly possible someone could have been messing around
My Signature
Posted Image

#33 capn b

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:19 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 06 March 2017 - 09:58 PM, said:

Yeah, that was an 8-year old episode inside Eastern State Penitentiary. They were puzzled, but never claimed it was a ghost. Here's the video:

https://www.youtube....h?v=AZJbMGYyZTk

This was when Brian was with them. They tried to recreate it but couldn't get the same effect. But the camera was up their running for quite awhile, so it's certainly possible someone could have been messing around

But a running shoe and hat robe? Did you see that?
My Signature

#34 Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,702 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:28 PM

There was definitely a whiter color under the robes. That's one of the reasons they didn't claim it as being anything paranormal. If I had to bet, I'd say Brian snuck up there and did it. But I don't believe Jay and Grant knew about it.
My Signature
Posted Image

#35 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:45 PM

That was Eastern State Penitentiary. After doing more research and asking the former guards, it turns out that, when they would move the inmates around, they'd cover them over with a blanket. That way the prisoner couldn't see, where they were going. It was that total isolation thing, which they had going on there, when the prison was active.
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#36 eeek8

Orb

• GS Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:06 PM

Ok I had to watch that Eastern State clip.  The movement is odd, and it seems shadowy and translucent... it could be someone messing around, but I don't know.  Very interesting.  Going off of what Mac said, who's to say ghosts can't appear wearing sneakers?  Ghosts described in sightings usually aren't naked.... that I know of ;)

#37 chapsparanormal

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:20 PM

Meh, could be a fake there. Who knows. That was back when they were trying harder to attain ratings. Also when producers not from the team had more control. I wouldn't condone it. But I am not 100% sure. I do remember the ep
My Signature
Dave Gibb,
Oshawa Ontario Canada

#38 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:43 PM

hmm so you think that they have more integrity now that they have more control?
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#39 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:43 PM

View Postcapn b, on 28 February 2017 - 08:33 PM, said:

Ghost hunters will always be my #1 paranormal show.

Ghost Adventures, I just watch it because I love the paranormal. Not a fan of Zak Bagans at all.

Paranormal Lockdown & Kindred Spirits are two that I do like.  See a lot of Jason and Grant in Amy and Adam. And I love the fact Nick Groff has ticked off Bagans by starting his own show

Ghost Brothers. I watched one episode and was turned off. If I wanted to watch a comedy show then I would find one on netflix. I think they are an embarrassment to the field.

Fact or Faked was pretty good when it was on. When they would do an investigation at a haunted location they would always get some pretty good evidence.

I watched a couple episodes of 'Fact or Faked' today.   Where did that show go?   Two Seasons and gone.  I wasn't much of a supporter because I worked a lot but now that I have plenty of time I can catch up.  Most of them I don't care for but I'm still a BIG fan of the original 'Ghost Hunters'.   I only lasted 3 seasons but it was FUN.

Destination America is hosting "Ghostober".  I love it.  I'm looking forward to the new show, 'Terror in the Woods'.  hehehe.  I can't help myself.  After all, who hasn't been out in the dark....in the night.  hehehe.    You think everyone is dead to the world yet not all things are.
My Signature
Find an old place with history, with people and learn all its nuances.

#40 Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,702 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:51 PM

FYI, last week Jason Hawes said they have talked to people/networks about a return to TV, but says unless they find the right situation and have control over the show, it ain't gonna happen
My Signature
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com