• You cannot reply to this topic
263 replies to this topic

#21 Annabelle78

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE(WychOfAvalon @ Nov 1 2004, 09:08 AM)
Being that I live so close to Hollywood - I should really check out some of these places when I have the time smile.gif

I've heard all these stories about 100 times, and they just get better every single time I hear them.  There are some really creepy places in Hollywood, I used to live a block from the Ambassador Hotel (for those who don't know, that's where Robert Kennedy was assassinated, Oscars were held, Emmys too, but way back in the golden age of movies)...

The building is ominous and huge even though it's falling to pieces.. We got to get very up close and personal to the building (it's heavily used for filming and therefore heavily guarded so no entry allowed) for a local festival they were holding in the parking lot.  We explored it's perimeter and what a grand place it used to be.  I just wished I could get in and really see what's going on in there.

The only haunted thing I have heard of is when some film crew was there, a couple people on the crew saw people in the windows or leaning out of windows (some windows on upper floors are broken or open).

The building I lived in what was also an old hotel restored and converted into apartments.  Nothing confirmed on my end, but lots of odd footsteps and the occasional fridge closing (I lived alone in an apartment with bars on the windows, no one could have done it).

The area I lived is very historically ignored (as is with a lot of Los Angeles areas), but used to be a hotbed of celebrity's.  The Picadilly (named for Mary Pickford) is around the corner, the Gaylord, the Ambassador, the Langham, the original Brown Derby restaurant (now torn down and replaced by a strip mall cleverly named after the historic restaurant).

I'm really sad that Hollywood/Los Angeles doesn't try to preserve whats left of it's history, they'd just rather tear it down and build something new.  And with so much history, it's very hard to find anything about ghosts out here, unless of course they're famous.

Sorry I'm going on a political rant that you guys probably don't care about... never mind!  biggrin.gif
My Signature
If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed fixing anyway

#22 Annabelle78

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE(Captain Kundalini @ Nov 3 2004, 04:18 PM)
Okay. All I can say is be advised some of the places listed in this column are private residences and others are places of business. Places of business, unless otherwise noted, frown on anything that has to do with the Paranormal.
To wit: I was interviewing a couple of people at the historic Driskill Hotel in Downtown Austin about the three ghosts that haunt the place. When the manager found out, he politely told me that interviewing employeees without permission, especially about the "alledged ghosts" was not allowed. I was shown the door and told never to return.
Trespassing can get you thrown in jail. Be that as it may, if you are going to some of these places, take every precaution, especially at Forest Lawn Memorial Parks where a great number of Celebrities have been either buried or interred.

Actually the main Forrest Lawn cemetery in Glendale, CA welcomes people as long as you're respectful.  They have this gorgeous presentation about the stained glass window depicting the last supper in one of the mosoleums, with some pretty mysterious things centered around the portion of Judas (go and watch and listen to find out what).

There of course are time limits, I think it closes at 4-5pm so of course no tresspassing. It's a HUGE cemetary so start early and take lots of film and good shoes or a full tank of gas. There's lots to see.

In many of the mosoleum areas, you can't really walk down the corridors, they have some of them roped off, which is usually at the wishes of the family's but for a lot of them you can walk down and see the names, take pictures, etc.  There's also a gift shop to go through with lots of neat things to see (the cemetary has a very good collection of artworks)
My Signature
If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed fixing anyway

#23 Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 04:19 AM

Looking for lost source

#24 Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 04:20 AM

looking lost source

#25 zodiak2004

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 09:33 AM

wow great post!! smile.gif

#26 Beatlefish

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:ghosts, music, tv, reading ghost stories, conspiracy theories, real life mysteries.

Posted 16 January 2005 - 12:29 PM

Love this stories biggrin.gif  no matter how many times I hear them they never get old .
I've always been fasinated by these mysteries/hauntings.

#27 Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 03:07 PM

Content deleted

Edited by Captain Kundalini, 30 September 2017 - 01:12 AM.

#28 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:55 AM

hahaha same ladywilde, didn't come across it till you posted! biggrin.gif
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#29 Darklighter

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Interests:At the moment my main interests are photography, ghost hunting, sight seeing, reading, and scrapbooking.<br /><br />After emerging from my bout with a debilitating illness (Latin name Isuckus Muchhardus) relatively unscathed I've resumed haunting the boards.<br /><br />Now mobile and armed with a camera and a taperecorder (among other tools) I'm up for investigating any ghostly happenings and haunted sights in the UK and Ireland. <br /><br />Contact me at Darklighter_Solo@hotmail.com if you want to go on a ghost hunting jaunt.

Posted 30 June 2005 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE(Captain Kundalini @ Oct 29 2004, 02:05 AM)
It was in June of 1932 that director Paul Bern married actress, Jean
Harlow. Four months later, on June 5, the marriage ended. Paul Bern had shot himself in the head with a .38 calibre pistol. The butler had found his nude body in the bathroom on the floor in front of the full length mirror.
Flash forward to 1968. A well respcted Hollywood hairstylist lived in
the old house and was dating a young starlet who had moved to LA from Texas.
One day he asked her to house sit for him while he went out of town on
business for a day or two. She agreed. That night, while she slept, she was
awakened by a loud noise. She turned on the light and saw a man in the
bedroom. He was ransacking the place as if looking for something important. He turned and looked at the young woman and that was when she recognized him. She also saw the bullet hole in his head next to his right temple and it was spirting blood. It was Paul Bern!!! The young woman fled from the bedroom, but as she got to the top of the stairs, she was met by an even more ghastly sight. Tied to the newel post at the bottom of the stairs...was her lover. His throat had been cut from ear to ear and was gushing blood!! The noises in the bedroom of Paul Bern's ghost got louder. Overcome by the horrors she had seen she fainted. The next day, her lover returned from his trip and she told him of the horrific apparitions she had seen the night before. He tried to comfort her and dismissed them. Little did they know that what she saw was a terrifying warning of the horrific fate which awaited them both almost one year later.....at the muderous hands of the Manson Family. The man's name was Jay Sebring. The woman was Sharon Tate.

The Manson Case fascinates me. I read Helter-Skelter cover to cover in 2 days. It's amazing and shocking and I never knew this little story!

My Signature

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>"And I, of ladies most dejected and wretched,
...O, woe is me
T'have seen what I have seen, see what I see."
</span>

#30 MsMercury

Foo Fighter

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,691 posts
  • Interests:lying on the beach drinking beer

Posted 30 June 2005 - 02:50 AM

Wow, I read Helter Skelter back in the early 80's but I never knew that story! Capt. keep those great stories coming!  I love reading them!
Teri
My Signature

#31 ghosthunter182003

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Interests:-haunting the ghoststudy message board

Posted 12 July 2005 - 07:36 AM

Here are some more websites about the ghostly tales of Hollywood.

Haunted Hollywood
Hollywood Ghosts and Haunted Houses
Hollywood's Most Famous Ghosts

My Signature
ghosthunter182003

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

#32 Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 08:47 AM

I just got news of more Paranormal Activity in Hollywood!
I have found an EVP recorded by EVP researchers Tom and Lisa Butler of the A.A.E.V.P.
They were in the famous Gable - Lombard Suite at the famous Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, attempting to make contact with departed spirits.
The aforementioned hotel has a history of paranormal activity: Marilyn Monroe appearing in a full length mirror that used to belong to her,
the ghostly musical textures of actor Montgomery Clift practising playing a bugle in his suite #928 for his part in the movie,
"From Here To Eternity" and other phenomenon.
I downloaded the sound byte, cleaned it up with the help of my Digital Audio Editing Program (Goldwave) and gave it a listen.
It sounds as though somebody is saying "John Belushi". Then again, it could be someone saying "John and Lucy".
You be the judge.

John Belushi?

Either way, I believe this to be a true EVP.
PS: I have noticed that a lot of things regarding John Belushi have been coming up lately. I even turned on the TV the other day and as the visual came on, it was John Belushi as Jake Blues from the movie "The Blues Brothers"! The hair on the back of my neck stood straight up.
If John Belushi is trying to help us make contact with him, why now?

PPS: I sent a copy of this to George Noory and Art Bell.

#33 Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 08:50 AM

On the contrary, you are making sense.! :)
Thanks for telling me of this haunt. Where is the Liberty Hotel located?
I'll do some research on it.

#34 ghosthunter182003

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Interests:-haunting the ghoststudy message board

Posted 13 July 2005 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE(Captain Kundalini @ Jul 12 2005, 10:47 AM)
I just got news of more Paranormal Activity in Hollywood!
I have found an EVP recorded by EVP researchers Tom and Lisa Butler of the A.A.E.V.P.
They were in the famous Gable - Lombard Suite at the famous Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, attempting to make contact with departed spirits.
The aforementioned hotel has a history of paranormal activity: Marilyn Monroe appearing in a full length mirror that used to belong to her,
the ghostly musical textures of actor Montgomery Clift practising playing a bugle in his suite #928 for his part in the movie,
"From Here To Eternity" and other phenomenon.
I downloaded the sound byte, cleaned it up with the help of my Digital Audio Editing Program (Goldwave) and gave it a listen.
It sounds as though somebody is saying "John Belushi". Then again, it could be someone saying "John and Lucy".
You be the judge.

John Belushi?

Either way, I believe this to be a true EVP.
PS: I have noticed that a lot of things regarding John Belushi have been coming up lately. I even turned on the TV the other day and as the visual came on, it was John Belushi as Jake Blues from the movie "The Blues Brothers"! The hair on the back of my neck stood straight up.
If John Belushi is trying to help us make contact with him, why now?

PPS: I sent a copy of this to George Noory and Art Bell.

ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  It sounded like "John Belushi" to me.  Fuh-reak-ay!
My Signature
ghosthunter182003

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

#35 RacheltheCharmed

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 07:40 AM

Wow, great thread - thanks for posting all these, they are very interesting!

Rachel

Every now and then
Soft as breath upon my skin
I feel you come back again . . . .
And I believe

#36 Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 09:39 AM

I think the truth may finally be starting to come out regarding the death of Marilyn Monroe, but it isn't coming from anyone who knew her.
It's coming from Marilyn herself!
The same group from AAEVP stopped by Westwood Memorial Park with some of their smaller, less conspicuous equipment to take some EMF readings and take recordings at the crypt of Marilyn Monroe. Luck must have been with them because according to reports, the EMF meters were really pinging!
Then, THE question was asked:

"Who was responsible for your death?"

A few hours later as they were listening to and analyzing the sounds on the tape, they got to the part where the question above was asked. A couple of seconds later, they received an answer! The members and witnesses present broke out in goose bumps as part of a name.....was faintly spoken:

"Kenned---"

It was then that the EVP was stopped, as though interupted.

#37 katrahawke

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE(Captain Kundalini @ Jul 12 2005, 12:50 PM)
On the contrary, you are making sense.! smile.gif
Thanks for telling me of this haunt. Where is the Liberty Hotel located?
I'll do some research on it.

Hello Captain,

At the time, they were just starting to build the new Emmy or Oscar building on Hollywood Blvd and the hotel we stayed at was right behind all the construction. I don't remember the name of the street.. Just that the building next to our hotel used to be an apartment building where Marilyn Monroe used to live before she hit it big. The Liberty Hotel was right across the street from that building and our hotel and it was blue I think.... and the building next to Marilyn Monroe's old place used to be a fancy hotel back in the 40's,50's and 60's. but again I've forgotten the name of everything on that street except the hotel in which the ghost appeared which is strange..*sighs*
The Liberty Hotel would be down the street from the church where they filmed Sister Act 1 if that's any help at all?

#38 Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 05:57 PM

Okay, let's see. The church you speak of would be the Hollywood United Methodist Church which you can see if you head north on Highland towards Hollywood Blvd.
The new home of the Oscars would be the Kodak Auditorium.
So that means.....you were staying at the Liberty Hotel located at 1770 Orchid Ave, Hollywood, CA 90028. :) I have not heard of any hauntings there, however that area of Hollywood is a veritable hotbed of paranormal activity!
Grauman's, The Hollywood Roosevelt and the old Knickerbocker Hotel (now known as the Hollywood Knickerbocker Apartments), etc. are in that area

#39 Darklighter

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Interests:At the moment my main interests are photography, ghost hunting, sight seeing, reading, and scrapbooking.<br /><br />After emerging from my bout with a debilitating illness (Latin name Isuckus Muchhardus) relatively unscathed I've resumed haunting the boards.<br /><br />Now mobile and armed with a camera and a taperecorder (among other tools) I'm up for investigating any ghostly happenings and haunted sights in the UK and Ireland. <br /><br />Contact me at Darklighter_Solo@hotmail.com if you want to go on a ghost hunting jaunt.

Posted 14 July 2005 - 05:15 AM

It doesn't sound like the voice is saying "John Belushi" to me.

It sounds like the statement has 5 syllables and not 4.

This sounds silly but I really think the voice is saying "Marilyn's with me."

Listen again and tell me if I'm mad.

My Signature

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>"And I, of ladies most dejected and wretched,
...O, woe is me
T'have seen what I have seen, see what I see."
</span>

#40 Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 06:35 AM

Yeah, that's possible! It makes sense, too, because Marilyn's last completed picture was with Clark Gable. Marilyn felt tremendous guilt over Gable's death, due to all the stress involved in making the picture and dealing with her excentricities. Do you suppose it's Clark Gable who is saying it?
The EVP was recorded in the famous Gable-Lombard Suite, after all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com