22 replies to this topic

#1 petunia4998

petunia4998

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:03 PM

I was "invited" to a ghost hunt at this house, but although it was the scene of a horrific mass murder, I have never heard that it was haunted.  It is just like the Tate murder house; I never heard it was haunted either.

What have you guys heard?  bunny.gif

#2 Sly-Spectre

Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Drinking, Eating, Sleeping, Partying, Pool(Billiards to you Englishmen) and...Ghosts and Cryptozoology.<br /><br />I'm on Facebook look for Gerry Nix

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:24 PM

I remember somebody supposedly got a clear evp in the closet of the master bedroom. But other than that, probably a bunch of unverifiable personal experiences.
"Something weird is going on Jess." Simon whispered as they waited to be served. "I overheard Sara and Hector say something about 'getting back at you' in the library this morning."
Jessie thought for a moment, his face expressionless as usual.
"That's just crazy." he said. "I didn't think you even knew where the library was."

-Excerpt from my short story "Stabbed in the Front."

#3 Judecat

Judecat

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:02 AM

http://www.prairieghosts.com/villisca.html

#4 Lady Sorbus

Lady Sorbus

Offical GS Headshrinker

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, history, paranormal, symbology, theatre, cinema, Knights Templar, classic cartoons (none of the rubbish out there now), shamanism and witchcraft

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:20 AM

Years ago a friend rented the house for her daughter's 16th birthday because they'd heard it was haunted. She said nothing happened at all. I'm sure as with any haunted location, some will have an experience, while others won't.  Picture 562.gif

#5 JessWest

JessWest

Account Closed Per Request

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:40 PM

The people who own it now have fabricated it. Its all a ploy to get people to pay to take a tour and make money off of a tragedy. Just like at the Lizzie Borden house. $$ making sceme.

#6 sandym

sandym

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:29 PM

I can't say for sure whether or not the house in Villisca is haunted, but here is what I know.  Omaha is 70 miles from Villisca and every year at Halloween time local news crews do stories on the haunted house in Villisca.  I've heard some wierd stories, but they could be all hype for all I know.  It could be that people who've been thru the house are fixated on it's history and therefore are more apt to believe that what they heard or saw was something  of a paranormal nature. It seems to me, after what went on in the house, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it's haunted.  

The house certainly has a reputation around here, that's for sure.

Sandy

#7 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:08 PM

Here is a link that gives you a little more background on the case.
This has always been a favorite of mine.

http://www.paranormalsoup.com/forums/index...=Villisca,+Iowa

#8 JessWest

JessWest

Account Closed Per Request

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:48 PM

For anyone interested in Villisca

Villisca: Living With A Mystery

http://www.villiscamovie.com/

This is a must see doc

Met the makers and they care so much about the history and wanting to let the world know the facts and evidence that has been gathered. Very good presention that they gave about it. (All the info is in the movie to)

One lady they interviewed was alive when it happened. She said "It was a gray day. The day was very dark, you felt that something had happened before you even knew what really happened." (I am paraphrasing but still what she said was very powerful)

Watch it. Very Very well made and informative. So before you ever go to an investigation there see this and it will make you think twice about it. I saw it and was planning a trip there. I didn't go. The town doesn't want to dwell on it. They want the people to be at rest and let the gore go and give way to respect to the victims, especially the children.

See it.

#9 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 24 October 2009 - 05:44 AM

I never heard of this story till last night. On The Travel Channel after GhostAdventures, there was a documentary on this home, activity and a cemetery. Pretty gory story!
YOU CANT SCARE ME, I HAVE KIDS

#10 GillGal

GillGal

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE(BlueAngel @ Oct 24 2009, 06:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I never heard of this story till last night. On The Travel Channel after GhostAdventures, there was a documentary on this home, activity and a cemetery. Pretty gory story!

I saw the same thing. I especially like the teo sister who lived in the house in the 60's being interviewed for the documentary. They had some pretty chilling stories!
"Success is always temporary. When all is said and done, the only thing you'll have left is your character." Vince Gill

#11 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 24 October 2009 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE(petunia4998 @ Jul 21 2009, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was "invited" to a ghost hunt at this house, but although it was the scene of a horrific mass murder, I have never heard that it was haunted. It is just like the Tate murder house; I never heard it was haunted either.What have you guys heard? bunny.gif
Just my take on it, but when there is a violent murder(s) seems spirits good and bad, can remain in that location till they are commanded to move on. Its like time stands still at that very moment..JMO :Picture 541:Yes they sure did Gill..chilling!!! happy0045.gif

#12 FBN Paranormal

FBN Paranormal

Apport

• GS Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:32 AM

There have been quite a few investigation teams to visit the location - and like almost everywhere else some have some colossal stuff, others just spent a night in a historical location.

I don't know that I had seen the actual link to the house site here yet: Villisca Axe Murder House

After almost a year of delays, we are finally going in there next spring - I'll let y'all know if anything comes up.  Picture 541.gif

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Hamlet. ACT I, Scene 5

Follow along with our adventures, both on the Twitter - @FBN_Paranormal and on Facebook!

#13 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:08 PM

I didnt see this till just now, and I began another thread on this subject. From what I hear, lots of activity there!

#14 shadow0421

shadow0421

Apport

• GS Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:34 AM

This is one of my most favorite haunted places. Look it up on youtube, there are several videos that show a ball being rolled around on the floor and a closet door opening and closing by itself. I wish TAPS would investigate this place!

#15 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE(shadow0421 @ Mar 16 2010, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is one of my most favorite haunted places. Look it up on youtube, there are several videos that show a ball being rolled around on the floor and a closet door opening and closing by itself. I wish TAPS would investigate this place!

I saw the one with the ball, it was very impressive. I wish one of the teams on TV would go there and investigate. Its a crazy place! happy0045.gif

#16 Silverdiamond29

Silverdiamond29

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:17 PM

I was just wondering if anyone happened to catch the Ghost Adventures episode tonight & what they thought of it.

#17 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:34 AM

That episode was on originally several months ago and I caught it because a couple friends of mine want to rent the house for an investigation (I'm on the fence about it).  Those guys drive me crazy... but what they got, if it weren't manufactured for TV, was definitely interesting.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#18 Silverdiamond29

Silverdiamond29

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:06 PM

I thought it had been on before. I just happened to have seen it that night. I had been waiting for it to come on. Those boys are quite dramatic.

#19 Gaines76

Gaines76

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Piano, Kickboxing, Finance, Economics, Investment, Business, Running and Reading

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:30 AM

View PostSly-Spectre, on 22 July 2009 - 02:24 PM, said:

I remember somebody supposedly got a clear evp in the closet of the master bedroom. But other than that, probably a bunch of unverifiable personal experiences.

Many places claim to be the msot haunted place in America, but most aren't.

#20 CorisCapnSkip

CorisCapnSkip

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:48 AM

Infamous incident indicated!

http://www.kcci.com/...-house/29601452