• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Emily_Meissner

Emily_Meissner

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:35 AM

If anyone is ever in the Chicago/Milwaukee/Kenosha area, there is a place called the Kemper Center on 3rd Avenue in Kenosha, WI.  I grew up going here to get scared as a kid, but the place is really awesome.  I volunteered for a haunted house there once and saw too many things to even count on my fingers and toes.  It's awesome!  Kenosha, WI is full of history, and has many really cool old places, a lot that are said to be haunted!

#2 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:01 AM

I've never heard of this place, so I did a little Googling.  Apparently they do ghost tours during October.

Kemper Hall on Third Avenue in Kenosha became a private seminary for girls in 1871. It is said that some former students and one nun haunt what is now called the Kemper Center.

There are different views about Mary Terese. One says that the students pushed her out a window after she had fallen down the stairs. The most common tale is that Mary was a mean taskmistress and was hated by all the students. One night the nun went to the observatory to get some books. There were a group of girls waiting for her and they pushed her down the stairwell. As she fell her head was cut off and came tumbling down and landed on her bloody habit.

I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

#3 robertino

robertino

EVP

• GS Member
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Everything Paranormal, Reading, Watching Movies, Music, Cats

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

Hi!
I have done a search on the Internet to find out more information about Kemper Center, located in Kenosha Wisconsin.
There are a several ghost stories that surround the old building.
Here are some incidents that have happened:

A young nun commited suicide by throwing herself down to the rocks around the lake, a young girl threw herself from the tower after having been forced to leave her boyfriend back home, to attend an all-girls school and another nun falls down stairs in the Observatory Tower.

I will look for a book to know more about the story of this place and its old buildings.

Bye.

Edited by robertino, 04 November 2013 - 12:01 PM.

#4 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

Interesting... Had never heard of this place before. Sounds pretty freaky tho!