Why Doesn't The Paranormal Communicate In A Direct Way?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 EVP

EVP

• 2,112 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 18 November 2022 - 03:47 PM

View PostNightWalkerGStudy, on 18 November 2022 - 06:41 AM, said:

I have had loved ones that have passed on make their presence known by subtle things, such as the smell of cigarette smoke (my Grandma Pat), or tools or other type of equipment popping up out of nowhere after countless hours of searching (my Grandpa Elmer).  

No one who lives close by my house smokes, but every now and then I will smell menthol cigarette smoke.  My Grandma smoked only Eve Turquoise brand cigarettes and the smell is unmistakable.

When it comes to tools missing and being found in weird spots, my dad, uncle, and I have all had instances in either our own house or their parents'/my grandparents' house.  Most recently, the key for the new garbage disposal in my house was missing.  I searched the entire kitchen and front room and never found it.  I thought my son had gotten a hold of it, but he can't get into the cabinet under the sink because the door is locked by a child safety magnet.  A few days went by and I found it back under the sink where it should have been in the first place.  My Dad had a similar thing happen with a pipe wrench a few years ago where he lost it, searched for a few days, and found it back in the tool chest where it should have been.

Thanks for sharing your experiences NightWalker. What I found most intriguing is the "olfactory" experience with the menthol cigarette smell. I don't discount these subtle intrusions but don't have any experiences with personally. Although, my mother had one years back shortly after her best friend passed under dubious circumstances. Both my mother and father smelt her very unique perfume at the same time.

I'm reluctant to point the finger when things go missing. I can be very absent minded or overlook where I may have placed them. Also there's an unforeseen variable if you have more than one person living in the same residence. Although I won't totally write it off as been a sign from a loved one either.

Edited by EVP, 18 November 2022 - 03:48 PM.

Posted Image

#22 Guardian

Guardian

• 223 posts
  • Interests:Lake life, golf, reading.

Posted 29 November 2022 - 03:50 PM

View PostEVP, on 18 November 2022 - 03:47 PM, said:

I'm reluctant to point the finger when things go missing. I can be very absent minded or overlook where I may have placed them. Also there's an unforeseen variable if you have more than one person living in the same residence. Although I won't totally write it off as been a sign from a loved one either.

I have been looking for a beautiful Seiko watch that I purchased 21 years ago.  I haven't seen it in 12-13 years.  I would have never gotten rid of it, but I have 4 other people in the house and we have moved twice.  I know that no one else here would have taken it, and I would have never left it behind, so I have no idea where it went.  As skeptical as I am, I have ruled out just about everything BUT the paranormal!
Resident skeptic. Deal with it.

#23 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • 394 posts

Posted 30 November 2022 - 11:43 AM

"Why doesn't the paranormal communicate in a direct way?"

That's an easy one.

People primarily communicate through body language and speech.
If someone cannot see or hear you, you are then forced to use other (less direct) means of communication.

The exception is telepathy.