Free Skins
© Fisana

Is It Possible To Be Killed In Your Dream?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Encladeus

Encladeus

EVP

• GS Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:50 AM

My sister has a recurring dream which may very well be a disturbing memory from a past life in Rome or Greece. A friend of hers seems to recall memories of the same event. In it, pillars were crashing down it was like the world was ending. She was crushed to death by stone and the worst part was that after she 'died' she just stayed there in black silence. Her dream wouldn't progress forward, she was just stuck in boring blackness until she awoke. She recalls feeling pain only in the first few moments of death, but it did scare the bajesus out of her.

I've never died in dreams but I have felt intense pain (as well as pleasure). The painful ones were far from pleasant. Never would have thought one could experience realistic sensations like that in a dream. The pleasant ones... well, we won't get into that.

#22 ~BK~

~BK~

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:14 PM

Sodom and Gomorrah?
~Basement Kitteh~

#23 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:27 PM

Could be any number of things, if in fact it was a past life progression. There are numerous events in history that are detailed the way the dream was described. The alone in darkness thing sounds chilling to me.

#24 wingedwolf

wingedwolf

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:I am a Pagan from North Wales with a strong interest in the paranormal. I enjoy the usual exploring old graveyards and watching ghost shows until 5 in the morning~<br /><br />I am interested in developing psychically and mediumship, and so any advice is very welcome.<br /><br />- Matt

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:56 PM

I've never actually died in a dream, but I've always awoken before. However, after awakening, I sometimes have the feeling that I DID actually die, somewhere, sometime, and my dream was just a reminder of it.

I've actually always wanted to experience death in a dream though, out of pure interest.

#25 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,330 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:33 AM

I have heard if you dream you are falling and hit the bottom then you would die :fright: but I have happily proven that's not true.

As for the question, I hope it isn't true but interested to read other peoples experiences.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#26 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:18 PM

View PostTheMicah, on 22 March 2009 - 12:04 AM, said:

I was watching a show on the TV not too long ago where they talked about how some people have a disorder where they have extreamly bad nightmares. I dont remember exactly what it was called tho. Anyways, these nightmares can get bad enough that they have been known to raise the heart rate enough to cause a heart attack and i'm assuming that having a heart attack in your sleep would be quite unpleasent.

I believe the term you are looking for is called Sleep/Night Terrors. Sleep terrors are classified as a parasomnia.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 13 January 2019 - 01:43 PM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#27 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:37 PM

I have died many times in my dreams, that was before learned to realize that I am in a nightmare. I taught myself to alter them while I am sleeping. I think they are a through back to previous lives and how I died in them. My mind is remembering my previous deaths and reminding me of them.

Posted Image

My Shop

#28 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,330 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:53 PM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 13 January 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

I have died many times in my dreams, that was before learned to realize that I am in a nightmare. I taught myself to alter them while I am sleeping. I think they are a through back to previous lives and how I died in them. My mind is remembering my previous deaths and reminding me of them.

I have woken myself up a few times too. One time was while in a nightmare and the other I was pregnant and started labour but kept dreaming I need to take back the dress to the dressmaker because it was too tight. I remember clearly talking to myself while in the dream, saying you are not at the dressmaker's you are at home in labour but I am sure the pain also had its helping hand in waking me too :yes:
Posted Image

#29 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 03:17 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 13 January 2019 - 11:53 PM, said:

I have woken myself up a few times too. One time was while in a nightmare and the other I was pregnant and started labour but kept dreaming I need to take back the dress to the dressmaker because it was too tight. I remember clearly talking to myself while in the dream, saying you are not at the dressmaker's you are at home in labour but I am sure the pain also had its helping hand in waking me too :yes:

That was a weird dream, and while in labor? Wow!

Posted Image

My Shop

#30 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,330 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:31 PM

Yes, it was LOL. We had a grandfather cuckoo clock. I would hear the gong, so must have been on the 1/2 hour, and dream about the dressmaker and taking the dress back! It went on for a while too. :headlbash: LOL
Posted Image

#31 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,057 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:24 PM

I have had dreams where I was being killed, but I think I always wake before I actually die in the dream.
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#32 JohnHermes

JohnHermes

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:tarot, dreaming practices, shamanism, magick etc.

Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:56 PM

According to some shaman beliefs it is possible to enter real dream realms with beings that can trap your consciousness there forever and you will never return.  But that only happens to people practicing dream yoga

#33 Ridgeki

Ridgeki

Apport

• GS Member
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:essay writting expert
    woman'ssoccer

Posted 01 February 2019 - 01:58 AM

I shore hope not although i no some that need it lol

#34 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,330 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 02:00 AM

LOL you know some people do you?
Posted Image

#35 Ridgeki

Ridgeki

Apport

• GS Member
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:essay writting expert
    woman'ssoccer

Posted 01 February 2019 - 02:18 AM

yes i don't like those who are nasty to animals little childern or scam other people they are not nice.

#36 KolIkA

KolIkA

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 08:11 PM

You should read the book "The Art of Dreaming" it is very interesting and was recommend by another member here. As for can someone die while dreaming? I haven't heard or read anything yet but  I am sure anything is possible.