• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 stalyun

stalyun

Orb

• GS Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:17 PM

Hello all. New guy here, and I've got a problem. Not sure if I'm in the right place, but since it's a ghost forum I thought I'd give it a shot.

A couple of weeks ago I saw some weird looking mugs at the Goodwill. Since the wife likes this kind of stuff I got them, thinking they'd make a good gift. So I took the mugs home and hid them in my closet. The next day I went to my closet to grab my work clothes and one of the mugs was laying on the floor. I thought this was kind of odd, since I'd pushed all of them back up against the wall, but I was in a hurry so I just put it back and left.

The next morning I opened the closet and the mug was on the floor again. And the next, and the next, and the next. Naturally, this began to bother me. Like I said, I pushed all of the mugs back up against the wall, so there was no reason for any of them to fall. But this same mug kept ending up on the floor. Finally I put the mug in a junk box that's been sitting on the shelf for at least a couple of years, thinking it wouldn't fall anymore. Wrong! The next morning, the both the mug and the junk box were on the floor.

Other things started happening, too, particularly at night. A couple of times I got woke up by a loud boom noise. Other times I've found the bedroom window open for no reason. And other times I've got woken up because someone (or something) had turned the light on next to my bed and pointed it in such a way that the light shined directly in my face.

Finally, I took the mugs and put them in the shed to see if these things would stop, and they did. But now the shed's a mess. Everything was stacked up all nice and neat, and now everything's in a big pile.

I'm not one to believe in ghosts, but this has really freaked me out. I've tried to find a logical, rational explanation for all of it, but I can't. The only thing I can think is, it all has something to do with these mugs, particularly the one mug that somehow kept falling off the closet shelf.

Has anyone else ever dealt with anything like this, or am I just going nuts?

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,972 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:30 PM

Welcome to the forums!  I've heard of similar things happening, especially with antiques and other items that are second hand. It's said some items can have attachments
Posted Image

#3 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:30 PM

Objects can come with friends or energy.

As a first try bury the mugs in non-iodized salt (kosher,  sea,  Himalayan,  rock...).   I think probably a good bet would be to get pure rock salt (like for the water softener but no additives,  just salt),  pulverize it and put it and the mugs in a clear  plastic bin.   Put the bin where it gets sunlight and leave it for a week or two. Preferably in the shed or somewhere protected outside.   Then try to see if they mess with the shed again and if they don't try bringing them in the house.

If it doesn't work you could always sell them as haunted relics on eBay.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#4 stalyun

stalyun

Orb

• GS Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:43 PM

Thanks for the responses. What do you guys mean by the mugs could have came with attachments, friends or energy? Is this another way to say they're haunted, or is there something more to it? And what exactly will burying them in salt do?

I'm not so sure about selling them. I'd feel kind of guilty if I sold them to someone and something happened to them. That's why I didn't throw them away or give them away.

#5 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:49 PM

Well attachments are friends...  yes,  haunted by someone or something that had some kind of emotional attachment to them.   Energy would be a residual type haunting where there isn't a person,  just messed up energy.

The salt and sunlight both are strong clearing agents.   You use salt to preserve food and clean your cast iron because it clears out and absorbs nasties (microbes in this case but same concept).   Don't reuse the salt,  except maybe on icy sidewalks,  though.

I honestly don't see a problem saying something comes with friends and letting someone buy it.   There are people who want these objects.   Or you can send it to someone like John Zaffis (after contacting them) who contains things like that if you can't clean up what's going on.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#6 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:07 PM

I'm with TK there. If you believe this might be the root to the strange events, remove them from your premise. Many spiritualist believe to either sink them in a deep body of water or bury them is the best method. Never burn or break. Good luck.

#7 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,816 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:53 AM

Hi and welcome to the forums! I agree with Tantric's advice. Try and cleanse the items if you wish to keep them. Hopefully the cleansing will dissolve the attachment that seems to have popped up.

Otherwise it's not a bad thing to pass these items on - if you're upfront about the attachments in your listing you will be really surprised about the type of interest that you might get from the items!

Please let us know how you go and what you intend to do, we are happy to help whichever way you go :D
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#8 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,176 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 02:06 AM

Here's what you should know...

First of all, it's letting you know that it's now in your life and it's attached to one or or more of the mugs (it's introduction). The mugs are only the vessel for the spirit. But if you bury the mug, you aren't burying the spirit, so keep that in mind. And I'm thinking like you, it's probably just attached to the one mug, the one that worked it's way out of the cabinet.

I would highly advise you to find the mugs a new home. The eBay idea is a good one. But don't bury the mugs or throw them in the trash. That would probably piss the spirit off, to no end. Then there would be the likelihood of the attachment being transferred to you (not good). Oh, and the other reason the mug kept finding it's way out of the cabinet is because it definitely doesn't want the mug hidden! There's a good chance if the mug is put out on display, the spirit would probably leave on it's own. I think that's all it really wants.

Final thoughts
In good conscience, I can't tell you to keep the mug/mugs. You really don't know exactly what you are dealing with and it could cause you and your wife some real problems up the road. So it's best to transfer them to someone that actually wants a haunted item and has a pretty good idea of how to protect themselves from it, just in case. If you sell them, it would be best to sell them as a set. Just consider the thought that more than one of the mugs might have that same attachment. It will seem like a better deal that way to the buyer as well. And be careful not to break any of them! That would make the spirit very unhappy.  ;)

#9 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2016 - 04:15 AM

Stalyun, I completely agree with Jim's speculation, advice and suggestions.
It is important that you don't destroy, or bury or even dispose the mugs, either selling them or giving them away
in charity shop/store would also be ideal.

Edited by Hudds, 15 June 2016 - 04:16 AM.

#10 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 15 June 2016 - 04:57 AM

3 days in a row of that mug moving on its own and it would have already been gone...:-)
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#11 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,258 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 15 June 2016 - 02:17 PM

As Jim said, sell them on Ebay or Craig's List, BUT put a disclaimer in the listing, in this way it covers you, if anything happens to the new owner. An example of a disclaimer:

'These mugs are "AS IS" and the Seller can not be liable for any possible hauntings and/or damage, which could occur from these mugs. Also, the Seller is not liable for anything that could happen to the buyer, inhabitants of the dwellings (in which these items will reside) or property of the purchaser, due to the mugs' haunting.'

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 15 June 2016 - 02:18 PM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#12 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2016 - 02:35 PM

View PostMacCionoadha, on 15 June 2016 - 02:17 PM, said:

'These mugs are "AS IS" and the Seller can not be liable for any possible hauntings and/or damage, which could occur from these mugs. Also, the Seller is not liable for anything that could happen to the buyer, inhabitants of the dwellings (in which these items will reside) or property of the purchaser, due to the mugs' haunting.'

I suppose a right "mug" would buy them after reading this listing. :D Just kidding.

Maybe, being honest is better than surprising the buyer, with apparent haunted object/s. ;)

Edited by Hudds, 15 June 2016 - 02:37 PM.

#13 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,972 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 15 June 2016 - 02:36 PM

Could likely fetch a higher price if sold as "haunted"
Posted Image

#14 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2016 - 02:40 PM

That's true, Vlawde. Considering the amount of people are after such things, unbelievable!

#15 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,176 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 03:24 PM

Thank you, MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe!
I didn't think to mention that... But yes! Always have a disclaimer that covers you and also let's the buyer know that this is a serious commitment on their part.

#16 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,176 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 03:33 PM

Stalyun.... can you take a picture of the mugs for us? One with all the mugs and one with just the mug that seems to be the most haunted?
It would be nice to have a visual. ;)

#17 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,258 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 15 June 2016 - 03:53 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 15 June 2016 - 03:24 PM, said:

Thank you, MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe!
I didn't think to mention that... But yes! Always have a disclaimer that covers you and also let's the buyer know that this is a serious commitment on their part.

You're welcome.

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 15 June 2016 - 03:33 PM, said:

Stalyun.... can you take a picture of the mugs for us? One with all the mugs and one with just the mug that seems to be the most haunted?
It would be nice to have a visual. ;)

Yes, please do, I'd live to see them, also.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#18 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 15 June 2016 - 04:14 PM

Yes please! We would love to see them.

#19 stalyun

stalyun

Orb

• GS Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 05:22 PM

Lol. I didn't think this would generate such a response. But I do appreciate all the input.

Anyways, there was one without a box and it fell and broke, so it's been trashed. This one with the soldier (Sir Lancelot) is the one that kept falling (or maybe jumping?) off the shelf. I can't figure out how to upload the other pics.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:12991]

Still not sure what I'm going to do with them. I went on eBay and did a search and there was a ton of "haunted" stuff that's not selling, so I'm not so sure they'd sell.

Edited by stalyun, 15 June 2016 - 05:31 PM.

#20 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,176 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:36 PM

I only see the very small thumbnail and for some reason and it's not opening up.
Can you send me the pics to my email and I'll add them here in your post.  :)

mailbox@ghoststudy.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users