Free Skins
© Fisana

Have I Been Visited By My Grandfather In Dreams?

dream interpretation dream communication grandfather spirit

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HauntedHouseGal2018

HauntedHouseGal2018

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 05:07 PM

This is probably gonna sound like a bit of a weird one. Have any of you guys ever dreamt about people who passed that you never met?
I know its probably just a coincidence but it was quite weird so I thought I'd mention it.
I had the misfortune of not meeting any of my grandparents as I was the last child so all grandparents had passed already. On my fathers side I don't know too much about my Grandfather, he died when my dad was only 15 and he had spent most of his years in the army, there had been some family drama and when he retired from the army my grandmother and grandfather decided to separate, with my fathers eldest sibling going with his dad, and the three younger (including my dad as youngest) staying with my grandmother. There was no real attempt to interact with my dad or his sisters (that I know of) and then he died. My dad rarely talks about him, no one seems to want to talk about him and they paint him quite badly.
It was coming up for a big birthday for my dad (his 65th) and a few days before my dads birthday I dreamt of my grandad.

I met my grandad on the top of a hill in the middle of nowhere, he was wearing a really fancy suit and hat. I remember it was windy. My grandad seemed sad and annoyed.He told me he was disappointed, he never said what in, but in the dream at least, I believed he was talking about my dad. In the dream I got angry and told my grandad how proud I was of my dad and everything he had done for us as a family and that he didn't have any right to be disappointed. Then I woke up lol.

Maybe I was thinking about my grandad on some level before I went to sleep but it was so odd, I've never dreamt of my grandfather, or really any of my other grandparents like that. Anyway, happy to hear your interpretations, or any other similar stories.

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 06:33 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I don't find it strange at all and believe  our loved ones often visit in our dreams. I feel it is the easiest way for them to interact with us.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 daphnerose

daphnerose

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:38 PM

Our ancestors are with us!!  Whenever I have lucid dreams I know its spirit reaching out..  Usually if you  remember and it effects you this much its meaningful!!  Take it for as it seemed imho..  Grandpa reaching out and letting you know that he is around and a part of your life!!  Thank you for sharing!

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 08:48 PM

Now for my interpretation of your dream.

I feel this was a true visit from your Grandfather as you met him on neutral ground and he was dressed as he might on a special occasion may be for your father's 65th birthday. The wind I feel was you Grandfather expressing the turmoil or trouble he had in his life in expressing his feelings for his children; he did feel sad and disappointed.

I also feel we have the ability to influence and direct our dreams/ visits and I feel you might have since you felt your Grandfather's demeanour contributed to your thoughts he was disappointed by your father.  I don't feel this is the case due to the things I mentioned beforehand. I feel he was sad and disappointed but in himself and his lost time with his children.

It is normal and human nature to come to the defence of those we love and I feel the dream was re-directed by your Grandfather because he felt you were entitled to voice your disapproval in his past behaviour.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 HauntedHouseGal2018

HauntedHouseGal2018

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:33 PM

Thank you so much for your replies!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dream interpretation, dream communication, grandfather, spirit