#1 MacQdor

MacQdor

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:45 PM

http://www.slightlyw...vingcoffins.htm

On the island of Barbados in the Caribbean sits the picturesque Christ Church Parish.  It's just like a lot of churches all over the world complete with a quiet graveyard where many of the island's inhabitants end up for their final rest.  However, in one tomb in this cemetery, the dead are anything but at rest.

Posted Image

It's called The Chase Vault and it is at the center of one of the island of Barbados' most chilling and sinister mysteries.

Attitude is your acceptance of the natural laws, or your rejection of the natural laws

#2 kevinscan

kevinscan

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    friends
    horror & sci-fi
    a good mystery
    Star Wars

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:07 PM

I heard this story some time ago, and the theory was that the tomb was filling with water in winter moving things around, then they open it in summer and all the water is gone leaving the coffins all over the place, leaving no foot print of humans.

I'm not sure if this is the case, but it makes sense.
Posted Image

The most sophisticated computer ever  devised by mankind is now called Stonehenge.

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Doppelganger

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:56 PM

Wow, kevinscan that would make sense not a very nice resting place :no:  Thanks for the article Mac keep them coming :)
Posted Image

#4 lorac61469

lorac61469

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:09 AM

Here's another interesting article about it...

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4399

Edited by lorac61469, 28 March 2017 - 04:26 AM.

#5 MacQdor

MacQdor

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:20 AM

Well not so fast with water theory. The grave attendees put sand in the their. Also one coffin got chipped due to the violent relocation. The violent relocation happened more than once. One coffin dissappeared and re appeared after a number of yrs.

If water or flood was the culprit why wouldn't other crypts be affected.

This is the most famous coffin mystery there are others. If they exist online i'll find them

Interesting and fascinating.
Attitude is your acceptance of the natural laws, or your rejection of the natural laws

#6 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Doppelganger

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:39 AM

Interesting article  lorac61469

And let us know if you find any more cases Mac
Posted Image

#7 lorac61469

lorac61469

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:40 AM

View PostMacQdor, on 28 March 2017 - 04:20 AM, said:

Well not so fast with water theory. The grave attendees put sand in the their. Also one coffin got chipped due to the violent relocation. The violent relocation happened more than once. One coffin dissappeared and re appeared after a number of yrs.

If water or flood was the culprit why wouldn't other crypts be affected.

This is the most famous coffin mystery there are others. If they exist online i'll find them

Interesting and fascinating.

However there is no actual evidence anyone was ever buried there.
Then there is an almost identical story from Estonia. The only difference is the year and that wood ash was spread not sand.

#8 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,291 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:43 AM

Good points, MacQdor.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#9 MacQdor

MacQdor

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:17 AM

1815 related the case of "The Curious Vault at Stanton in Suffolk"

Posted Image

...."Another moving-coffins story, however, could not have been based on the Barbados incident because it saw print before the West Indian events became known. The European Magazine for September 1815 related the case of "The Curious Vault at Stanton in Suffolk" in which coffins were "displaced" several times under mysterious circumstances. Nathan Lucas, one of the alleged witnesses to the final (1820) interment at the Chase Vault, mentions this English case, even quoting the article, in his privately written 1824 account.

A final tale is told by F. A. Paley in Notes and Queries, November 9, 1867, of an "instance which occurred within my own knowledge and recollection (some twenty years ago) in the parish of Gretford, near Stamford [England], of which my father was the rector. Twice, if not thrice, the coffins in a vault were found on re-opening it to have been disarranged. The matter excited some interest in the village at the time, and, of course, was a fertile theme for popular superstition: but I think it was hushed up out of respect to the family to whom the vault belonged." Paley quoted from an unnamed woman who claimed to remember the incident. "

http://stanton.onesu...cal-history.pdf

https://www.arthur-c...aw_of_the_Ghost

European Magazine for September, 1815, under the heading. "The Curious Vault at Stanton, in Suffolk."

The PDF provides some interesting info about the mysterious moving coffins esp the Vault at Stanton.

I've been able to find four other stories different than the one's above.   I'll share if and when i find more than one source.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users