Free Skins
© Fisana

You Ever Get A Random Message From Siri?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 DreamerSeeker

DreamerSeeker

Apport

• GS Member
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Dreaming, Writing Poetry, Drawing, Music, and Movies

Posted 04 February 2018 - 04:12 PM

So.... Siri decided to open on my phone and when I went to turn it off, I noticed a strange and random message that said these exact words...  "i want to merrihew, i think" and an edit option underneath that, along with a message from Siri itself underneath it which read something like "I DON'T UNDERSTAND".  

For 1... I did not say anything at all to Siri and there was no background noise which it could've picked up on.
2. I haven't had a boyfriend in 4 years (don't judge).
3. I haven't communicated with any male friends or penpals in about 3 months (my choice).
4. I don't have any stalkers or anything.

Why on earth did I get a Siri message like this... "i want to merrihew, i think"  as if I said this to Siri? pfft. I had Siri open itself randomly several times before, but this is the first time I ever had a message. Especially a creepy/weird one like this!

#2 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 04 February 2018 - 04:33 PM

Doesn't siri have the function now that when it thinks you say "Hey Siri" she is suppose to wake up? Maybe she heard something on tv or something.
Posted Image

#3 DreamerSeeker

DreamerSeeker

Apport

• GS Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 04:43 PM

Yes, it does have that feature. But still...a mostly silent room and the tv is on the other side of the house from where I am and it's not even that loud because I can hardly hear it. I can only guess some 3rd party or something hacked my phone? Or some paranormal entity is in love with me and wants to "merri" me... which I highly doubt. Lol :D

#4 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 04 February 2018 - 06:32 PM

Your phone might be a transformer. Lol.
Posted Image

#5 DreamerSeeker

DreamerSeeker

Apport

• GS Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:50 AM

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 04 February 2018 - 06:32 PM, said:

Your phone might be a transformer. Lol.
Lol, maybe.

P.S. My phone does have the "Hey Siri" feature, but when I checked my settings, it shows that feature is turned off because I never use Siri. This makes it even stranger.

#6 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:05 AM

Very strange! We once had a strange picture on my partner's phone it was taken/ sent at 5 am.  He first thought I had taken it, as if, because the phone was only used as an alarm. It was able to hook up to the net etc and didn't have any credit only a sims card. It is still a mystery today! I deleted the picture.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#7 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:13 AM

Alexa sometimes wakes up and says some strange things! But I have turned off siri it was slowing my phone!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#8 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:52 AM

meh....it's an electronic device.  They are not faultless and can malfunction.  Is there a chance that by the way you handled the phone prior to picking it back up that you may have dragged your fingers or fingernails across it that could have made a sound that siri misinterpreted?  Or maybe how you picked it up last?  I will agree that it was very strange and wouldn't state that it was any one specific cause....
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#9 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,449 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:09 AM

I don't have an iPhone, but sometimes my Android acts like I'm talking to it.  Google Assistant beeps and no one said a word lol
Posted Image

#10 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:37 AM

Hearing stuff like this makes me so glad I don't have a smart phone.

:confused0068:

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#11 Snickers

Snickers

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:34 PM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 06 February 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

Hearing stuff like this makes me so glad I don't have a smart phone.

:confused0068:

Me too!
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#12 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,025 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:50 PM

I love mine. Anytime I have a question about anything I tap google voice and ask, answer comes right up. I won't text and rarely use the phone, so it's like a pocket computer/personal assistant for me
Posted Image

#13 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:14 PM

Oh yeah the Siri randomly talking is a known bug ... it started with one of the iOS updates and people have complained about it ever since. It also occurs more frequently and more creepily with iPads.

Anywho, there is no stable fix other than turning Siri from Always ON to some form of OFF. For most people turning Siri off from the Lock Screen is enough BUT depending on what apps you have installed she may be able to bypass even that ... she's a nimble little minx like that :yes:

Alexa apparently also has some issues but not nearly as bad :no:

Of course going Android/Google is the bestest solution :yes:
- siguie -

#14 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:53 AM

How about those rumours about Facebook stalking us? We went past an escape room last weekend and talked about it.... next thing you know ads for it are coming up on my brothers phone. Didn't google anything about it or anything, and suddenly it's there!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#15 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:45 AM

View PostearthlydelitesGStudy, on 16 February 2018 - 12:53 AM, said:

How about those rumours about Facebook stalking us? We went past an escape room last weekend and talked about it.... next thing you know ads for it are coming up on my brothers phone. Didn't google anything about it or anything, and suddenly it's there!

:confused0068: Yeah that is freaky!
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#16 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:56 PM

What rumors THEY do pretty much stock you plus have a huge data mining capability that even the government uses :yes:
- siguie -

#17 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:14 PM

Facebook snoops in on everything, my friend was telling me about her and her boyfriend looking for more people to join their polygamous relationship, and ever since then, facebook is like "Here's this group of polygamous people." and so on and so forth. And I am like "No thanks facebook, I'm a one person only kind of girl."
Posted Image

#18 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,025 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:29 PM

My Chrome at home is logged into my google account, Chrome at work is under my work account so the bookmarks, history etc are different. I typically have FB open at work, and when I've searched for things while at work (in a different tab of course), ads for that product show up on FB here and at home, which makes sense since it's the same FB account.

But this just goes to show how we're being tracked for ads wherever we go on the internet. The ad banner at the top of these forums will change often to reflect what I've been viewing on the internet....although i have no idea why I'm being targeted for Russian mail order brides! ;)  Right now all the banner ads are for Wordpress, a site many of our clients use

Edited by Vlawde, 16 February 2018 - 05:31 PM.

Posted Image

#19 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 04:13 PM

I turn that stuff off because it drains the battery like nothing else. That is very interesting though. It still could have come from the television, it just means siri only heard part of what was being said and misinterpreted it.

#20 DreamerSeeker

DreamerSeeker

Apport

• GS Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 04:27 PM

I appreciate your comments everyone! I'm glad to know I'm not alone with this stuff! :D But how about when I NEVER turned siri on and the switch in settings had been set to "off" since I bought the phone and it Siri randomly decides to pop up on my phone as if I said something (even though the Siri feature is off)... :/ That's what's freaky lol