Shadow Man Possible Encounter?

• You cannot reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic

#1 misunderstood92

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:01 AM

From many previous paranormal experiences since childhood (from the age of 9 to my current age of 24), this encounter was the first and only one so far. A few months back I had awoken from my sleep somewhere between 1:30-2:00am. This night like very few I had nothing with light running nor on in my bedroom, curtains closed, pretty close to total darkness except what had been barely seeping through my curtains from a street light. The moment I had woke up the feeling of being watched was automatic. Followed by unexplainable fear... When I gazed around my room I was looking directly at this black "shadow figure". I could not physically move, and I did not want to be looking at this figure yet I could not look away (was like I had lost control over body movement). It being so dark in my room and yet the figure had been even darker. "He" was standing in the corner of the bedroom in a space between the wall and my dresser, which had been on the opposite side of my bedroom from where my bed was. "He" stood at the least 6 feet tall.
Once I seen "him" it was me staring at "him" and having the feeling "he" was staring directly back.

Reason I am questioning if this figure was a "shadow man" is because the majority of articles I've read say that once you noticed them they seem to quickly go away. However, in my case, this tall dark figure moved out slowly from the corner, I watched as "he" passed the front of the dresser and moved into the other side of my dresser. With where "he" had been standing at that point the dresser side was on one side and my window frame on the other. That was when I could really noticed the height more. But no specific visual body parts just a very big build.
As well after "him" moving from one side to the other brought "him" closer to my bed. I laid and watched "him". And had the  same feeling of being stared back at (by this time I was able to blink my eyes, but continued watching). Within minutes, nothing, this "shadowy" figure was gone.

Any in-put would be great. Ever since I've tried to figure it out, but still in total loss about it.

Based on this encounter would it still be considered as the "shadow man"? Or something else. :Picture 562:

Edited by misunderstood92, 24 May 2017 - 09:32 AM.

My Signature
~Inhale the present;exhale the past~

#2 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:19 AM

Hello and welcome to the boards

I haven't had any experiences with this type of entity and I am sure it must have been very frightening and hope you have no further experiences.

I am sure our member will share their experiences with you :yes:

The only thing I can offer is to keep a journal then at least you will have a record if you do have any other contact. I have also read that having some type of light in your bedroom can discourage their visits.
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 True North

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:47 AM

What you saw wanted to frighten you.

There are 'shadow men' who are exactly what people see (the dark form someone sees is as much of a form as they have) and there are 'shadow men' who are more than what people see (the dark form someone sees is not their true form, not actually what's there).

With encounters like the one you've described, such dark figures tend to be more than just 'shadows'. Why would you just see a shadow/dark figure? I briefly touched on this in a post of mine in the 'What Are Shadow People Thread'.

Here's a quote from that post...

View PostTrue North, on 16 May 2017 - 08:41 AM, said:

... sometimes the shadow or dark figure a person sees is actually just the archetypal or interpretational 'stand-in' the person's mind creates (a real-time 'censoring'/editing their mind performs) to shield them from seeing something traumatic or something 'impossible'. It's a subconscious self defense mechanism to prevent someone from seeing something that would essentially break their mind, and so the dark figure or 'shadow person' someone sees in this case could be anything.

Also, the shadowy appearance of what someone's looking at is often due to them being 'blocked' from seeing what's in front of them by what's in front of them (what a person's looking at is concealing itself from them, 'cloaking', etc, whatever you wanna say). The witness is being tricked, basically hacked. So again this means that the dark figure or 'shadow person' they're seeing could be anything.

In my experience, the size or height of the dark figure someone sees tends to roughly correlate to the size of what's actually there, but not always. What's there can be way larger or smaller and of a completely different shape altogether.

If you don't wish to be bothered by anything at night, take control of your space. Also, know that you can break paralysis at will.

#4 NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,147 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:51 AM

Hello misunderstood92 and welcome!

I'm sure you saw this shadow person.  These creatures either want to be seen, are seen by accident, or are just "caught" and then they move away very quickly.  I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Unless it really scares you to see a particular shadow ghost, they are usually harmless.  Trust your senses around these creatures though.
My Signature

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#5 Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,617 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:44 AM

Hi Misunderstood... and welcome to the forums!

Do you mind if I change your text color? I am having a hard time reading unless I highlight it. And I suspect everyone else is too.
My Signature
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#6 Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,617 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:57 AM

I do agree, it was trying to scare you.

Like Klainey mentioned, keep a log in case it comes back. But let's hope it was just passing through.  ;)
My Signature
Posted Image

#7 Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,693 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:15 AM

Welcome to the forums!

The fact that you were paralyzed points towards sleep paralysis. You can't move but are semi-awake and are still somewhat in a dream state. People in that state tend to see and hear things that aren't there, and sometimes feel like something is holding them down in bed
My Signature
Posted Image

#8 misunderstood92

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:57 AM

Thank you Jim for letting me know about the ink color, new to this, appreciate it.

Klainey I am going to take your advise by keeping a journal. I really should have been doing so for years as I have been dealing with the paranormal

for years, I personally believe that whatever it is has been with me since I was a child.. This would be a discussion for another group I am sure.
I have never experienced sleep paralysis, or so I've thought.

If that was as you had said True North, and it doesn't want to be seen, could it be wanting to be more of an annoyance and torture instead?  Since that night so much has taken place. Just to name a few,,,random doors slamming shut even though they are tightly locked - constant feeling of being watched - I've had something hit my bedroom door as if someone was on the other side with heavy boots on kicking as hard as possible ( when that happens most times I open the door and nothing there ).. I could go on and on. I've lived in a lot of different houses, with each move there is always a presense. But this experience has been glued in my head since it happened.

I've learned to ignore the majority of happenings unless it gets very " in your face" then it is impossible.. I'm sorry for going on and on I am just trying so hard to make sense of why it is around me and what exactly is it.
My Signature

#9 lorac61469

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:15 AM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 24 May 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

Welcome to the forums!

The fact that you were paralyzed points towards sleep paralysis. You can't move but are semi-awake and are still somewhat in a dream state. People in that state tend to see and hear things that aren't there, and sometimes feel like something is holding them down in bed

This is what came to my mind.
Sleep paralysis. Hypnagogic/hypnopompic hallucinations.

#10 Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,617 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:27 PM

Well, those things have to be a consideration. A good investigator won't rule out sleep paralysis in an experience like that. And that's a good reason to keep a log/journal. If it continues to happen and it's always while your laying down and in a sleepy or awakening state, it would most likely be sleep paralysis. So let's rule that out by keeping a log of events.  ;)

As for hallucinations... keep a recorder handy and see if you can capture/record the noises as they are happening.

And finally, let's not rule out the fact that you might have a presence lurking in your home.  ;)
My Signature
Posted Image

#11 misunderstood92

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:32 PM

If it happens that I am able to capture through a recorder I will definitely sure :)

I would also like to ask about another "shadow figure". This is what my Mother had seen a while after my sighting.

We had been driving towards my place later at night. ( Just want to point out that I do not reside in a city, so when driving where I live the road is lit by street lights). Anyhow, I was driving and my mom was in the front passengers' side. She had seen a "shadow person", the way she described it to me, as I did not see it, was that on the opposite side of the road it was a dark figure about the size of a tumble weed...As it somewhat rolled across the road in front of us it had been getting larger. Once it had gotten to the other side of the road it was probably estimated it to be 3 to 4 feet, it continued to grow higher but did not move of the place it had gotten to after crossing. When it stopped growing, it was roughly 7 to 8 feet tall. What it had seemed to her within 20-30 seconds it was gone after reaching it "full" growth.
She had asked me if I seen it but I hadn't noticed anything....

Her and I reside in the same house, could there by a connection between the two sightings?
My Signature

#12 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:44 PM

Thanks for the text change too, and, yes I highlighted the text too Jim :)  

There is a lot of good advice here and I hope you have some peaceful nights sleep. I understand about the  Sleep paralysis. Hypnagogic/hypnopompic hallucinations.

Usually, there are hints that you are still asleep a bit like lucid dreaming where something in your reality will be off-kilter other than a strange being in the shadows! (A person trains themselves to be aware of these same triggers to initiate the lucid dream).

As for your mum's experience, anything is possible. I normally go with what my gut feeling is, I find it is usually a good guide :yes:
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com