#1 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,267 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:09 PM

I googled it and found the link from the GS website. Not saying I 100% am convinced it is paranormal, but based on what I've seen and experienced, it seems like the real deal.....especially with the "sparks" that you see every now and then...I see them a lot in very active places. As I remember, the people that took the video know/knew either Jim or Ghostmaster Jim, and they vouched for their reliability.

Takes a while to load, but worth the wait.

http://www.ghoststudy.com/new6/new/gettysburg13.htm
Posted Image

#2 snap

snap

Orb

• GS Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:40 PM

hi i cant download the video. i use winamp as my default player. any suggestions..

#3 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,267 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:33 PM

Windows media player.  And no offense to those who know, but the the substitution for DA is kinda lame. Can I even say Jackie? jeeez....
Posted Image

#4 Guest_LadyCrymson_*

Guest_LadyCrymson_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:49 PM

That has to be one of my favorite paranormal videos ever.  I get chills every time I watch it!

#5 snap

snap

Orb

• GS Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:48 AM

yeah me too. its strange how the shapes repeat themselfs. Id say the largest one was about 4'-5' or is it me seeing it differently?

#6 josh666

josh666

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 03:24 AM

That is amazing, but how do we know it isn't a bunch of people in the woods?

I do notice I saw one of the "ghosts" appear about 3 times doing the same thing. Interesting video.

#7 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,267 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 08:57 AM

If I remember right, there used to be a hill there back in the Civil War days. Now it's just a grove of trees, so whatever we are seeing is moving in the air/trees, there is no solid ground there any more. Yeah it repeats, so IMO if it is authentic, it's a residual playback of soldiers marching up a hill
Posted Image

#8 petunia4998

petunia4998

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:11 AM

I love that video.  I have always thought it was authentic.  bunny.gif

#9 clinsey

clinsey

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:53 AM

Very cool video!
It does seem residual.  The figures are moving back and forth like they're on a path that goes up a small rise.  
The flashes of light are interesting, too!
The people recording it seem genuinely perplexed about what it is.  They mention motorcycles and people like they're trying to make it make sense.  Then the guy mentions it's in the trees and not on the ground!  Plus, the movement seems close enough that they should HEAR something, but it seems like they are just SEEING something.
I'd like to see a picture of that area in daylight to get a better idea of where the ground is in relation to the trees.
Looks real to me!

#10 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:47 AM

I've seen this before and its one of my favorites. Thank so much for posting it.. carrot.gif
YOU CANT SCARE ME, I HAVE KIDS

#11 WhoAmI

WhoAmI

Apport

• GS Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:34 PM

Wow great video, I was wondering why the figures appeared so high off the ground, thanks for the eroded hill explanation.
Dead people see us

#12 czoom

czoom

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:51 PM

Yeah I only think a couple of ghost videos are real without a doubt. That video is one of them!

#13 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:36 PM

The man who filmed this was on BIO tonight on "MyGhostStory2" and discussed it. Great footage. good.gif

#14 Judecat

Judecat

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:53 PM

I can't get the video to load probably because this computer is to old and cranky for Windows media player to actually work,  but I think I know which one you are refering too -- and while the people who filmed it may be friends of Jim's,  and they may be totally honest,  I do believe they may be mistaken,  and really don't want to be told they are mistaken because they actually honestly believe they got something exiting on that clip.    I've asked several times "Where exactly in Gettysburg was that clip taken,  and have never gotten an answer.  

Vlaude said"
"If I remember right, there used to be a hill there back in the Civil War days. Now it's just a grove of trees, so whatever we are seeing is moving in the air/trees, there is no solid ground there any more. Yeah it repeats, so IMO if it is authentic, it's a residual playback of soldiers marching up a hill."  
I'm really not trying to be a smart alec,  this is an honest question.  Do you know that for a FACT,  or is it just something you read online?  Have you actually been to Gettysburg?  Do you actually know the geography of the area?  Is the area that the "ghosts" are comming from actually not accessable to humans,  or is it someplace where the road actually loops around?  

I ask this because in approximately 300 trips to Gettysburg in the past 40 some odd years,  I have never heard of any place where there was a hill during the battle that is gone now.  Since the Battle happened on rolling farmland,  in the town itself,  on the grounds of the seminary,  and in the rocky areas near town,  it's hard for me to figure out where there could have been a hill that disapeared within 100 years.    I do however know of several areas where there are groves a trees grown up on the front  of hills,  so that the ground appears to be tree top level,  but that's because the trees are growning on lower ground -- not that the land has eroded away.  (Editied to add that withing the past 2-3 years they have done a great deal of battlefield restoration,  and gotten rid of lots of trees that weren't there during the battle,  and restored some of the trees that were (for the first time in at least 40 years there are tree's in the peach orchard,  and non at all on the slop of little foundtop as seen from Devil's Den.  

I do believe in ghosts, I believe Gettysburg is highly haunted,  I just question the geography of this particular clip.  Always gotta eliminate the obvious before I believe that something is paranormal.

#15 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,267 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:20 AM

If someone can find the original thread, more power to them...it may have disappeared when the board got hacked/purged.

far as the geography, I'm just repeating what I remember the thread/people who took the video said. So I can't say that is the case or not....I do remember in the original thread saying it looked like a projection of some sort in the trees. If someone wants to try and use the Internet Time Machine and find the original archived thread, go for it
Posted Image

#16 sassenach123

sassenach123

EVP

• GS Member
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, long-time member of Richard III Society, poking around castles, travel, reading, writing fiction.

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:12 AM

I dunno.  The people talking about what they're seeing always sounded really scripted to me.lol - that link took a long time to upload, so i went to youtube and looked at it from there...becareful, because some of those links are screamer videos, which always gives me a heart attack!

Stranger stop and cast an eye

As you are now so once was I

As I am now so you will be

Prepare for death and follow me

#17 Judecat

Judecat

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:13 AM

Did the people who shot the video actually come in here to discuss it,  or is all the information secondhand?   I really don't remember them coming in,  all I remember was the usual group of people speculating.  But maybe I missed something.  Guess I need to do a search to see if I can come up with the original thread -- I do believe it was after the hacking.

I found it --
http://www.paranormalsoup.com/forums/index...urg+ghost+video.  This is the thread where someone a guest (who when I type the name the filter changes that name to "ghostmaster Jim" states that the people who shot the video were good friends of her and Jim,  and that they gave them the original video.  Several people asked for more information,  but none was ever forthcoming.  

and then a later thread
http://www.paranormalsoup.com/forums/index...0video&st=0
Where someone posts a link from a source other than ghost studies,  and the same Guest states she thought that ghoststudy had the exclusive to the video.

Edited by Judecat, 20 July 2009 - 05:39 AM.

#18 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,267 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:35 AM

"Ghostmaster Jim" was (past tense) Jim's partner on the board, who really knew her stuff.

I've always trusted her. The name filter thing is kinda screwy I know, guess now she is "she who must not be named"
Posted Image

#19 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:44 AM

As I said, the man and woman who took the video were on "MyGhostStory2" and on that video there were also hundreds of flashing lights, which were way too big to be fire flies. He felt it was gunfire. Seems things they did catch were all residual, but pretty cool. confused0068.gif

#20 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,206 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE(BlueAngel @ Jul 20 2009, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...  and on that video there were also hundreds of flashing lights, which were way too big to be fire flies ...

Was there some kind of reference point that showed how far the lights were away from the camera, so that their size could be accurately judged?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users