Free Skins
© Fisana

Any Good Documentaries On The Paranormal Out There?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 408nate08

408nate08

GhostStudy Artist

• GS Member
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Music, Criminology, Traveling, and of course, the paranormal.

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:50 PM

I've been looking for a few good documentaries to watch that talk about paranormal events or places, and so far I haven't been able to find any that I haven't already watched. I've already watched:

Spooked: Ghosts of Waverly Hills Sanatorium
Children of the Grave
World's Scariest Ghosts Caught on Tape
Ghost Hunters: Seasons 1-5

This field just intrigues me so much, I just can't get my fill...I need more.  ashamed0002.gif  Any ideas?

Thanks  carrot.gif

#2 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:12 PM

I don't think they will continue this series because it opens the eyes to the naturally explained but you might check American Paranormal Episode 2 where they use laboratory grade equipment at Eastern State Peniteniary with some interesting results.
Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#3 ShawnGStudy

ShawnGStudy

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, Horror Movies, Music, Traveling, Meeting New People, Sports, Friends, Chatting, Video Games, Concerts, Food, TV, New Experiences, Having A Good Time, Laughing, Making Others Laugh, Helping Others.

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:11 AM

If you into history I found the movie "The Jenny Wade House is Haunted" to be pretty interesting. They had some coverage of things happening in the house over the Winter when everything was shut down and they installed a security camera in the house.
Your Leading Gettysburg Paranormal Authority
Twitter: @WinFBLeague

#4 white orchid

white orchid

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:59 PM

I watched the Waverley Hills documentary yesterday and quite frankly was really disappointed with it.  I thought that the majority of the "photographic evidence" was honestly laughable.  Rooms full of "orbs" that anyone here would immediately know was dust, and a lot of badly pixelated poor quality photos with rectangles outlining naturally occurring patterns.  
I watched Children of the Grave today and thought it was a little better, some honestly spooky stuff, the most disturbing parts were about the history of the orphanages themselves.

#5 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,757 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:19 PM

good lord white orchid...your siggy is awesome! What movie is that from?
Posted Image

#6 Night_Mystic

Night_Mystic

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:54 PM

Things to look up on youtube:

Discovery Channels "A Haunting..." series, they even have the original "A Haunting in Conneticut"(sp?), which is actually better than that silly movie, lol.

BBC documentory on sleep paralysis called "Sleep Paralysis Ghost Visions"

"Secrets of Sleep" has a few episodes about OBE's and Psychic phenomina while sleeping.

"Is it real?" covers quite a few subjects on the paranormal.

The Real Ghost Ship

Ghost in the House

5th Dimension ghosts

Searching

The Real Ammittyville Horror

Ghost Haunted

The True Story of the Excorcist

The True Story Behind the Excorcism of Anneliese Michel

History Channel :
Edgar Cayce
Hell: The Devils Domain
Satan: Prince of Darkness
Ancient Aliens
Philedelphia Experiment

The Nostradomos Effect(Various topics, watching "Satan's Army" as I am trying this)

Codex Gigas(Devil's Bible, not to be confused with Satanic Bible, Codex Gigas was written by a Catholic monk)

Inside the Church of Satan (if you can find the whole thing)
2012 Enigma by David Wilcock (not a doc, but covers various topics)

Those wil keep you entertained for awhile ^.^

#7 white orchid

white orchid

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE(Vlawde @ Apr 13 2010, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
good lord white orchid...your siggy is awesome! What movie is that from?

It's from a film called "Bedfellows" by FEWDIO.  It's like, two minutes long, I'm pretty sure you can find it on youtube.  Uhh, this is pretty much most of the film, but there's a little bit of an opening scene.

Edited by white orchid, 13 April 2010 - 09:13 PM.

#8 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,757 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:44 PM

I just googled it..awesome!
Posted Image

#9 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:54 AM

I am dying to see children of the grave, silly me missed it when it first came out.

#10 mainemom207

mainemom207

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts
  • Interests:History of places, haunted or not..
    Love cooking and making new things and new recipes are always fun! And well.. Love Cemeteries and Folklore and Love to hear of the History of the United States as well as Abroad.. which has a vast history all by itself!

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:13 AM

I saw children of the Grave and cried.. i know I am a mom I guess ...and then I saw the other things they did and all the brothers.. cannot remember their names.. some of the documentaries are really good but brought tears to my eyes as well...
WOW what a wonderful list night Mystic I may have to check some of those out as well.. interesting and I do love White Orchid's Ziggy so kewl! smile.gif

Interested in spirits and the history of places..
Peace and Blessings, Lynne'

Posted Image

#11 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:06 AM

I have heard such great things about CotG but never have gotten the chance to see it. I have a great deal of the ghost dvds that walmart sells every October and while a great deal of those embellish quite a bit they are still fairly ineresting to watch.

#12 mainemom207

mainemom207

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts
  • Interests:History of places, haunted or not..
    Love cooking and making new things and new recipes are always fun! And well.. Love Cemeteries and Folklore and Love to hear of the History of the United States as well as Abroad.. which has a vast history all by itself!

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:55 AM

If anyone wants to watch Children of the Grave watch it here free.. you may have to load  it for an hour or so depending on the speed of your computer and all. but here is the movie that was made.. like I said I cried so bad with this movie.. cannot watch it again..

http://www.movies-links.tv/movies/children_of_the_grave/
Interested in spirits and the history of places..
Peace and Blessings, Lynne'

Posted Image

#13 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:30 PM

awesome, I will have to check this out for sure.

#14 LadyNBlack

LadyNBlack

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Interests:History, Civil War re-enacting, giving ghost/history tours, paranormal investigation

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:49 AM

I'm kind of partial to the Haunted History collection, since I'm a history buff.  They've done specials on Hollywood, Savannah, Washington, the Caribbean, Halloween...just about any place or subject, lol.

I also was not impressed with Spooked: The Ghost of Waverly Hills.  To me, it came across as too much of a behind-the-scenes look at the fictional movie, Death Tunnel, and less like an actual documentary.

5th Dimension Ghosts was mentioned, and that was interesting.  It, along with another documentary, The Ghosts of Port Arthur, are easily available for free viewing off Google Video...as well as lots of great public access productions on the paranormal, lol.

You might also find these links interesting:
http://www.paranormaltv.tv/
http://www.ghostvideos.ws/
October 23 and 30th: Guyandotte's Ghostly Encounters Candlelight Walking Tour

#15 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:37 AM

I recentlly aquired several dvds from Big Lots covering various haunted locations. The expert they had was a bit m,re concerned with promoting his own theories but the majority of it was rather interesting. I will see if I can't dig them out so I can get a title.

#16 TheRev

TheRev

Orb

• GS Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:48 PM

The only good documentary I've ran into is already listed here "Children of The Grave"
Posted Image

#17 DoninLouisiana

DoninLouisiana

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:05 AM

Here is a very cool paranormal documentary I think you will like( You can download it in full at the first link or watch it via Youtube at the second link):

https://plus.googlea...sts/HyFQsqftkZC

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6qSEi_sfaSU

Edited by DoninLouisiana, 10 March 2014 - 11:05 AM.

#18 JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

I've watched some of the above documentary and it's unfortunately something any sceptic could pull apart with ease.  A few people sitting in a darkened room and then wondering later how the pictures got onto the camera film isn't exactly a head-scratcher.  It doesn't appear there is particularly stringent methodology at work.

#19 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

I prefer the books.

#20 JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip