22 replies to this topic

#1 Jerseyguy77

Jerseyguy77

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:16 AM

.Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd share my bizarre and unfortunate story of my experience with EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomenon)so perhaps hopefully it may serve as a warning or at least give anyone who is thinking about actively engaging in any sort of ghost hunting or the sort something to consider before they do.

I have always been interested in the paranormal, for many years, not exclusively, but it was something that I would occasionally pick up a book on, or watch shows about. Almost exactly a year ago, I was into this interest again but for the first time, I decided to actively experiment with EVP. I tried it a few times in my home (I know bad idea),

I literally heard nothing on my recordings at first, but I had read that EVP was something you had to put a little time into to get result, so I kept with it for a couple of weeks. Then about two weeks after I first started, I picked up a couple of captures on a recording I did one afternoon.

These were fairly clear, one was a very deep voice. This blew my mind, it was definately a life changing experience. In a few follow up recordings I did that day, I captured nothing, it was only that one recording that I got anything on.

However, within a matter of days, I started to notice very faint voices on my recordings, I would usually have to go over the recording a few times to make out what was being said, but the more I did this, the better I could hear these voices.

This was a critical moment in shaping what was to follow I think, because I truly believe that at this time, something with my hearing was changing, I was tuning in to another plane I believe.

Shortly after that, I had gotten much better at hearing these EVPS, some were still faint, but there were alot of ones that were louder and clearer. I did submit several recordings to a paranormal forum, and others there heard them to. I was getting so good at hearing them, that I actually started to interact with them, getting names, and other info.

Many of these spirits claimed to be people who I had known who had passed on. But all and all, they were extremely benevolent. The whole experience up to this point was nothing but a positive one. That is until a bit later when I started to hear negative comments in my recordings. Things like profanity, threats, insults, etc... It was slight at first, but they started to creep into my EVP sessions more and more until they for the most part came to dominate them.

This is when I knew I had a problem on my hands, and looking back now I wish I had called it quits then and there, but unfortunatley I didn't and I wasn't at all prepared for what was to follow.

Then things really started to go bad, when one day at work, I was near a running fan, and all of a sudden I started hearing these same negative voices coming through the noise of the fan, I mean quite loud and clear. This freaked me out completely so I quit doing EVP right then and there, but unfortunatley it was already too late. In the weeks that followed I had many more instances of hearing these voices.

Alot of times it was over some type of existing background noise, but not always. Actually when I was doing my EVP sessions, alot of times I would play some type of background noise like white noise in the background, this is generally believed to act as a carrier sound, it gives the spirits a source of sound waves that they can manipulate into a voice or speech, so I think that generally, this same thing was going on when I heard these voices coming in over an existing sound.

But I would also hear them in others way, like a faint whisper, or other times, like a voice was talking right into my ear, I sware sometimes I even felt a faint breath touching my ear lobe.

Anyway, these voices were getting worse by the week, then something else started to happen. As I lay in bed at night, I started to feel a weird vibration sensation move around my body and also what I can only describe as the feeling of a finger coming through the mattress and poking me in the back. This made getting to sleep very difficult to say the least.

I started to become very worried at this point and then one day, literally over the course of a single day, things just escalated to an extreme level, where I was hearing these voices constantly and feeling these vibration feelings everytime I sat or lay down. Some of these voices where so intense that I could even feel a vibration, like the ground shaking when they spoke. I can't put into words what a nightmare it was.

My life literally almost fell apart completely. And on top of that, I had a few instances of poltergeist activity, I would hear running through my house, banging on walls a few times, and once a door was literally slamed open right in front of me, whenever this happend, there was no one there but me.

Anyway, I could go on, there's so much more to my tale of woe, but this post is already long enough. I know peoples first thought is that I'm suffering from some type of mental breakdown. Believe me, I almost wish that was the case, but there's just too much that points to something else in my opinion. I never heard voices before I started messing with EVP.

I'm still, the same person I always was, I still work, own my home, everything I always did, I just had this extrememly powerful experience happen to me after messing with EVP. And actually, in the year since this started, I have met others that also had this happen to them from messing with EVP on various forums, I correspond with them all the time and there are alot of similarites to all of our stories.

Maybe this just happens to people who are a bit more sensitive, I really don't know, I know once I got going with EVP, I was getting EVPS fairly easily so maybe that's a part of it.

So I just wanted to share my experience and let it serve as another example of the potential dangers of the paranormal and attempts to interact with it or document it, one of the very real dangers of ITC work is that you can get hit with a condition like this of hearing voices.

Edited by Jerseyguy77, 10 December 2016 - 06:57 AM.

#2 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,267 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:09 AM

Welcome to the forums!  Wow, great stuff there. So many points to commecnt on here, I'll start with one or 2. I used to run a fan in my bedroom all the time, and I'd hear what sounded like a party going on, people talking but I couldn't make out what they were saying. If I got up and turned the fan off I heard nothing. At least here I chalk it up to audio pareidolia. Far as not hearing voices on recordings at first and then later...I wonder if maybe the voices aren't there at first and added later, or maybe the person recording actually imprints this voices themselves
Posted Image

#3 Jerseyguy77

Jerseyguy77

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:56 AM

Edited by Jerseyguy77, 11 April 2016 - 04:40 AM.

#4 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:12 AM

It sounds like you opened up and now need to learn to shut down.

A lot of it could be audio pareidolia like Vlawde said, especially if you only hear them while there's background noise happening.

But I think you should research opening and closing your psychic sense.  Echo Bodine wrote a workbook called The Key (as well as other books on the topic but I'm thinking that you should be looking at exercises and meditations).

One quick one is to visualize your third eye (closed) in the center of your forehead.  Close your eyes, breathe deeply and evenly and imagine it until you can actually feel it there (it may persist in being open for you so just go with that if it does).  Imagine a light switch next to it.  Flick the switch on and allow the eye to open.  Flick it off and close the eye.  Your default setting to go through your day should be off/closed.  If you find an intrusion on your mental privacy do a quick check and see if it's on or off.

As with all meditations and visualizations this takes some practice to get used to and for it to feel like it's working for you so don't get discouraged if you don't see results for the first dozen or so times you try it.

Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#5 Jerseyguy77

Jerseyguy77

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:27 AM

Edited by Jerseyguy77, 08 December 2016 - 06:54 PM.

#6 Jerseyguy77

Jerseyguy77

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:44 AM

#7 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,522 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:42 PM

Welcome Jerseyguy!

First of all, moderation is no longer a choice for you.... they will do anything they can to keep you involved. And one of those steps is to keep you interested in EVP sessions. So my advice strong counsel to you is, don't do it or anything else that can be construed as summoning, because that's what you were doing. And that's what they want. The only way out for you is constraint. And stay away from fans, seriously. Tantric offered some simple exercises to help you, and that's a great starting point! Don't give up on anything that will lead you away from this horror... and that's what it is, a horror. It can get so much worse if you don't end it completely. Shields up as they say in Star Trek. :)  .....Maintain your defenses and stop the games.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#8 Jerseyguy77

Jerseyguy77

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:29 PM

#9 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 8,522 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:25 PM

Brian,

I don't think you have to prove anything to anyone... and that includes gathering EVP's. Please restrain from doing that ever again. It's the same as going back to a Ouija Board to prove something.... all it's doing is keeping that door open. Entities have plenty of time... and for them, patience leads to eventual victory and that my friend, is their greatest tool. They know you're still curious. And at first it was truly exciting, right? But now you know. So move forward and away from that experience and don't look back. Think of it as a huge dark cloudy mass that can entrap you to the point of no return... and that's exactly what it is. So why go back, right? And don't think the only way to help others through similar situations is to show them some kind of proof. That's false... and it will only hurt you. Just share your story and the ones that are respective, will listen.

The ones that say it's mental Illness don't really know. They are throwing it out there because in a lot of cases it can be. So it needs to be a consideration, that's all. And if an individual continues to walk through that cloudy dark path, it's on them and mental illness can certainly become more likely. And remember, as you mentioned above, they know your weaknesses and they have a strategy for ever game play. So stay strong, my friend!

When they touch you, setup and tell them NO, leave me alone, i'm done with you! You have that right and that power.

As for Ambien, watch for specific side effects over time, including sleep paralysis! And extreme hunger cravings before falling asleep. Have you been having nightmares on a regular basis?

The person that was private messaging you.... if you still have his emails, I would like to have a look at them if it's okay?

And I must at least say this because I always feel it a responsibility to do so.... if you are religious, use it to your benefit. Call out to your God for help. And you can also command these entities in the name of Jesus Christ to leave your presence. That is, if you are so inclined to do so according to your own personal beliefs. Call upon your God often for help so that he will see that you are serious and dedicated.
Posted Image

#10 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:40 PM

Brian and I have met up in the past at other sites. His story is not that uncommon but with the nightmare of AVP related after effects.

In my travels I have come across many that have been bullied so to speak by entities after one has become immersed into EVP's. I also know

Ron (Arizona EVP) He is one of the best. I tend to follow threads related to EVP and AVP. IT's just one of my things.

Jim is absolutely right in that performing EVP sessions is in essence the act of summoning or inviting these things into your life.

There are dangers in attempting to communicate, I have my own demons to deal with because of it. My issues are much more mundane.

I think Brian got hooked up with some lower level thugs... But we can't pick what we get to deal with... can we?

#11 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,267 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:11 PM

I've also read his accounts of this situation elsewhere. I wonder if this only happens to certain people who may be more open or sensitive to the paranormal or not.  Although not recently, I was involved in lots of investigations (need to get back on that horse) including lots of EVP recording. I never got a lot of the way of communication, but I feel I'm kind INsensitive to the paranomal in general. I've not seen or heard anyhting at home, but the wife says she sometimes sees small black critters in the house
Posted Image

#12 Jerseyguy77

Jerseyguy77

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:22 PM

Edited by Jerseyguy77, 08 December 2016 - 06:55 PM.

#13 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 8,522 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:22 AM

Well written and well said, CDS!

Good question, Vlawde.... maybe the sensitive ones are just more aware they are being harassed.  :huh:

Brian, I hope I didn't come on to strong with my wording. I'm just worried about you is all. I think what you have done here and elsewhere on the web is helping a lot of people with similar circumstances. So just you sharing and the dialog on this thread has probably opened some eyes and taught some truths at the same time. And I thank you for that.  ;)

I'm thinking that maybe when the unseen respond to the invitation, some (probably very few though) may feel like the person is indebted to them in some way. And these unseen beings take what's owed them in one way or another (haunting of sorts). Well, at least within the bounds of some ethereal law.

Thanks for sending me those PMs.... it looks fascinating! .....I'll read through it all tomorrow.
Posted Image

#14 Jerseyguy77

Jerseyguy77

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:05 AM

Edited by Jerseyguy77, 11 April 2016 - 04:40 AM.

#15 Jerseyguy77

Jerseyguy77

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:10 AM

Edited by Jerseyguy77, 08 December 2016 - 06:55 PM.

#16 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 8,522 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:57 PM

Thank you for sharing that account concerning a ghost hunting team.... and what they said is so true in a severe case. And it's not just with EVP's.
And let me just say this to whoever will listen... And please don't go ghost hunting in a cemetery. It's a breeding ground for entities!

Jerseyguy, everything you said is so true. Thru your  experience, you have learned well, my friend. And as you stated concerning dead friends and family. It's a trick to suck us in by pretending they are those close to us. But once they have us, they won't give up until they finally realize it's useless, and that can take quite awhile. The reason is, it becomes addicting to the recipient who falls into that trap..... and it's the same with anything else, alcohol, drugs etc. Once you become involved, it's almost impossible to resist, well at least until it turns into a horror story. And at that point it takes great strength to find your way out.

So the question boils down to this.... Should We dismiss Practicing EVP Research?

Here's my answer, for what's it's worth. It's like anything else.... when I get in my car, there's always a risk, right? And at some point & time I will most likely be in an accident no matter how cautious I am. And I can only hope if that happens it will be a mild accident. Same with EVP or any other form of paranormal research. You go into it following the general rules of protection and hope for the best. And in your case, Jersey, it wasn't so mild.

I'm glad this topic came up... it's a good reminder from time to time.  :)
Posted Image

#17 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,825 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 19 January 2016 - 04:34 PM

Hello and welcome, Jerseyguy77!

I'm sorry, but the links to the actual audio files are not working for me.  It either says "Sorry, cannot find that track", or comes up with nothing at all... Do you have alternate links?

Posted Image

"Somehow through it all...  We carry on...

Raise you up when you fall...  We carry on...

Bury the past...  Wounds remain...  Through it all...  A desire to live again"

#18 Jerseyguy77

Jerseyguy77

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:14 PM

Edited by Jerseyguy77, 02 December 2016 - 12:23 PM.

#19 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:32 PM

Here are the links. In order to give them context I copied the three posts my good friend Ron made on ITCBridge. The associated file attachment link is located below the the quotes

ArizonaEVP writes:

Question - 1:

Don't think most people will hear this but, at the 6 second mark...right after the clicking sound there is a very faint higher pitched response that seems to say: I like it in this room

At 15 seconds you will clearly hear a lower pitched response that seems to say:  OK

Question1

Question - 2:

Because the response is fainter and breathy...I had to apply a bit more filtering.

At the 5 second mark you will hear the NO response you already commented on.

Question2

Question - 3:

Right after you finish asking the question about the dog's name there is a higher pitched response that says:  Its Jenny...however it is far to faint to extract for most people to hear.

However,  at the 6 1/2 second mark you may be able to hear a lower pitched response that repeats the phrase:  Its Jenny

At 9 seconds there is another, clearer response that seems to say: Chris

Hope this helps,
Ron

Question3

#20 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 8,522 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:44 PM

Thanks CDS!

I could only hear the "no" response in question 2.

The others are hard for me to make out.... maybe I had the volume to low... I'll try again.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users