12 replies to this topic

#1 misty71

misty71

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 12:53 PM

Hi

I just captured this, have edited it down but I cant make out what its saying apart from first word of "why" ( I asked why are you still here before hand) can anybody make out what its saying, thanks https://instaud.io/18v9

#2 siguie

siguie

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 01:44 PM

I did some basic noise reduction, cut out a blip and amplified but I still cannot tell what is being said. I ran it through voice recognition and even the "why" sometimes came out as "I" ... here's the tweaked version link I'm sure some people more into the EVP aspects can do better BUT I do hear what sounds like a mumbly voice and maybe the word "destiny" at one point  but it's certainly not clear :no:

It may of course also be audio pareidolia and just wind over the mic :yes:
- siguie -

#3 misty71

misty71

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:01 PM

thanks for taking the time to listen and make it clearer :) I'm going to try and tidy it up tomorrow, I could hear the words "heaven" and "for an angel" though yes it could just be noise. I've only just started doing evp's so am still getting my head around it, thanks for your input

#4 siguie

siguie

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:21 PM

Good for you! :yes: I really do like EVPs but I never seem to get anything :sigh:

I don't know what kind of setup you have but you may want to use some type of pop filter or windscreen. This can be anything from a professional screen/filter to a piece of foam or my personal favorite some fluffed cotton wool lightly wrapped over the recorders mic and held in place with a rubber band :yes:

The type of "wool" that is used to make spider web decorations for Halloween works amazingly well BUT regular cotton like out of a vitamin container also works but takes more fluffing and doesn't last as long.

Good Luck! :yes:
- siguie -

#5 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:38 PM

I too can hear the "why" sound but hard to understand the other words, thanks for sharing :D and thanks for reducing the noise Siguie. I look forward to reading what others hear :)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#6 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:33 AM

I hear a female voice ~ "Julia"

Then a male says ~ "Never ever chase me" ~ "when ever I ______"

#7 misty71

misty71

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:19 AM

thanks for your input everyone :)

Ive tried to get rid of the noise , its a bit clearer but not much and now sounds like its talking under water but i tried https://instaud.io/p...4b864c64ad420e9

View PostCDS, on 31 July 2017 - 02:33 AM, said:

I hear a female voice ~ "Julia"

Then a male says ~ "Never ever chase me" ~ "when ever I ______"

thanks for taking the time to listen, what you heard makes it even more spookier, the voice to me sounds old, as in of a different era.

#8 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:44 PM

View Postmisty71, on 31 July 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

thanks for your input everyone :)

Ive tried to get rid of the noise , its a bit clearer but not much and now sounds like its talking under water but i tried https://instaud.io/p...4b864c64ad420e9

thanks for taking the time to listen, what you heard makes it even more spookier, the voice to me sounds old, as in of a different era.

It sounds like it's underwater because you over processed using the noise reduction filter. There is a fine line in filtering and once the file is cooked it becomes more difficult to discern. Less is always best and ideally, administering feasible controls to reduce the noise floor is always the preferable.
Posted Image
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.:"
----Bertrand Russell----

#9 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,534 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:48 PM

Yup. And ALWAYS save the original file. Make a copy to mess with
Posted Image

#10 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:04 PM

I also here the "why" very clearly. I think it may also be saying "what." Other than that, I can't really tell it's so whispered. I think I am catching the word "resist" possibly though. It certainly sounds like words to me. Neat

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#11 misty71

misty71

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:19 AM

View PostRoxstar, on 31 July 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

I also here the "why" very clearly. I think it may also be saying "what." Other than that, I can't really tell it's so whispered. I think I am catching the word "resist" possibly though. It certainly sounds like words to me. Neat

thanks for your feedback :) yes is definitely a voice, shame we cant make out the entire sentence. I could also hear a laugh in the background of it talking, I tried to get an evp yesterday but nothing, the spooks are in hiding atm :down:

#12 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:58 PM

cleaned it up a bit

https://soundcloud.c...v9filteredbycds

#13 misty71

misty71

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:01 AM

View PostCDS, on 02 August 2017 - 05:58 PM, said:

thank you for that, I can hear a laugh at 5secs, and believe 2nd word is "was" (like another member said), I don't get a good feeling about what this voice is coming from :blink: I'm sure the last word at the end is w#ore

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users