This Is A Warning!

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#81 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2016 - 03:39 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 16 July 2016 - 02:46 PM, said:

I think he meant we should ask permission before taking pictures. We may not hear the response but the polite thing to do.
I usually say something like, I'm going to take some pictures, I hope that's okay? And feel free to join in if you like.   : )

I suppose it would be the right thing to do, rather than going into an alleged spirits territory without somewhat permission, and causing perhaps more of a inconvenience to them, Jim.

I appreciated you clarifying this to me, and Roxster, that's certainly appropriate advice. :good:

#82 PIT leader

PIT leader

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal and house music,horror films,comics

Posted 17 July 2016 - 03:52 AM

I will be taking it on board and telling my team to do the same. I'll also be telling them to stick together in future, instead of running off.
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#83 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,556 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 17 July 2016 - 05:54 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 10 July 2016 - 09:40 AM, said:

Aside from the apparent deepness of the scratches, they don't appear to have been made by fingers or claws. One of them has a "double" scratch....which would towards it possibly being thorns or something. Plus the top one is straight across, the lower 3 at an angle

Posted Image

my first impression of these cuts (as they are actual cuts and not scratches) is exacto craft knife, or those small box cutters.
I think your psychic is manipulating your group, possibly just for the drama, or to step in as a hero later on... presuming there isn't pay involved.

actually don't seem to be all that deep, but looks like the work of a small very sharp blade (easily concealed).  blood smear makes them look worse than they are.

(reference point, I did paste up/ graphics in the days when cut and paste for graphics and typesetting was actual cutting and pasting.  Cut my self probably weekly, totally by accident, and often didn't feel it right away.)

Edited by trin, 17 July 2016 - 05:58 PM.

#84 buffamy

buffamy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:48 PM

I agree, calling those 'scratches' cuts is more accurate and they do look very much like cuts of a fine exacto or other craft knife.

You do have to admit Pit leader that their location is suspect because it's where you'd expect self-inflicted cuts on someone's back to be.

Also, I know people who've been marked by paranormal means and the kinds of marks they had looked significantly different than these cuts.

Edited by buffamy, 17 July 2016 - 10:10 PM.

#85 buffamy

buffamy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:07 PM

View PostPIT leader, on 16 July 2016 - 11:24 AM, said:

... The voices were like a low hum, Nile could hear faint music. ...

What kind of music did he hear? From where did it sound like the voices and music were coming from?

#86 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:21 AM

Buffamy... wouldn't it be hard to self cut on the back? I have always heard of it being done on the arms for the most part. But you're right, it does look suspect.

#87 PIT leader

PIT leader

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:54 AM

Shannon was with her the whole time and she's not a self-harmer. There is no pay and she was terrified after the investigation so I highly doubt manipulation.

As for the music, it sounded to me like a hum of voices. Nile said it sounded like modern music to him and it was very near us. I have considered in hindsight that there might be a power generator nearby, this will be investigated next time we go there.

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#88 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:45 AM

View PostPIT leader, on 08 July 2016 - 05:28 AM, said:

I went on another ghost hunt around midnight with my team at the Gnoll Park with my friends last night/early hours and Robyn (the psychic) saw "witch" (in how they looked) like beings. I took a few photos and suddenly saw a hand appear in front of me as if to say "stop taking photos." The activity then amplified and we heard voices and felt surrounded. Later that night, Robyn froze and started walking towards the water, she then screamed and snapped out of it. When she checked, her back had been clawed. I've uploaded the drawing of what she saw, her scratch marks and strange white orbs that I think MAY be the entities. I'd like to point out that me taking photos angered whatever they are and say that this is something we should all take into account. HUNTING CAN BE DANGEROUS!

http://s1303.photobu...6?sort=3&page=1

Yes, yes, it can be dangerous, but it is also the most BRAINLESS, MORONIC THING YOU CAN DO!!!
ARE YOU BRAIN DEAD? Do you really think that because you go "Ghost Hunting" that one is going to pop
up out of thin air and say, "Oh, please get my Left side of my profile. It's my best side."?
Did you really think you would see a sheet covered specter coming at you and saying "WWWOOOOOOOEEEEEEEE!"?
Oh please! Do society and your neighbors, not to mention your Local Police a HUGE favor and and stay at home at
your computer desk. You would spare us all the trouble of reading of your arrest or your obituary notice.
How many times do I have to say it? GHOST HUNTS ARE A BIG FAT, FRAUD!
If you want to see a ghost, all you have to wait. They are all around us. Keep an open mind, an open heart and if the criteria is right and
an Earthbound spirit needs help or attention, it will manifest in whatever way they can.
Get thee to a Library or bookstore and READ A BOOK! Do RESEARCH as I did!
If you really want to be of any use to anybody, take a pen and paper with you and get some solid INTERVIEWS!
Write the experiences down. Take each narrative with a grain of salt.
The fakes will be vague with their details and possibly appear nervous because they're lying.
At least you aren't out chasing Pokemon.

PS: The scratches were made by thorns from a common bush.

Edited by Captain Kundalini, 18 July 2016 - 04:47 AM.

#89 spineofsnake

spineofsnake

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 08:17 AM

Wow, in general I agree with your sentiments about ghost hunting but what a rude way to phrase it.

#90 buffamy

buffamy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 08:34 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 18 July 2016 - 02:21 AM, said:

Buffamy... wouldn't it be hard to self cut on the back?

Not on the back where those marks are. Everyone can pretty comfortably scratch their own back in that location, and remember that you have a longer reach depending on whatever tool you have in your hand. It's much less awkward if looking over your shoulder in a mirror.

View PostPIT leader, on 18 July 2016 - 03:54 AM, said:

Shannon was with her the whole time and she's not a self-harmer.

But was Shannon by her side the whole time before she sent you that photo? Each and every minute?

For example, if say your friend Robyn were to go to the bathroom at home would Shannon have accompanied her? Unlikely. The marks are suspect, that's all, and it's not known when they're from (if they were from before, during, or after your trip to the park).

View PostPIT leader, on 18 July 2016 - 03:54 AM, said:

As for the music, it sounded to me like a hum of voices. Nile said it sounded like modern music to him and it was very near us. I have considered in hindsight that there might be a power generator nearby, this will be investigated next time we go there.

It's possible you guys could've been hearing a faint radio broadcast.

#91 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,082 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:01 AM

Dang Cap, no need to go ballistic
Posted Image

#92 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:48 AM

CK, you certainly raised eye brows with your comments to PIT Leader, I don't think it was actually called for, regardless.

#93 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:49 AM

Captain... It was just a park. Young people pushing the limits as they will do at times. I don't think it's our place to condemn. I have done it myself.
PIT leader has seen and experienced things that we can only dream of seeing. He definitely has experience and understands creature habits and their ways.
The only real mistake I see was not getting out of the park sooner.

#94 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:56 AM

View PostHudds, on 18 July 2016 - 10:48 AM, said:

CK, you certainly raised eye brows with your comments to PIT Leader, I don't think it was actually called for, regardless.

I assure you that it wasn't personal.
As much as I dislike raising my voice, what I said had to be said in that way to get his attention.
You don't have to go anywhere to find ghosts. I have encountered THREE at my house...and
no one but me has ever lived here before.
One was a dog which had been hit by a truck on the street immediately west of my house.
The second was a soldier who had been murdered at Fort Hood.
The last one was the mother of a good friend.
They can be at cafes in broad daylight  in cities like Los Angeles.
If you MUST hunt, PLEASE use common sense.

#95 PIT leader

PIT leader

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:27 PM

We go investigating to see what's in the area and out of historical interest (researching any spirits seen can be the most fun part if you can get a match.) I do think that the other members of the team can be a bit erratic and I certainly won't be taking them particular members back there. This is the first time anybody's ever been "attacked", whether it was paranormal or an accident. We didn't go out of our way to aggravate any spirits, I took pictures mainly to see if what Robyn was seeing was real and could be photographed. After seeing the hand, I'm convinced she was telling the truth. I immediately put my camera away and apologised to them at the time while the others ran off. This may have been seen as a slight by the spirits or they may have ran past nettles/thorns, we'll never know. My gut instinct is that it's paranormal, but I know that with the unaccounted for time, there'll never be a way to prove it. I highly doubt Robyn would do this to herself and trust that she wouldn't.

#96 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:49 PM

View PostCaptain Kundalini, on 18 July 2016 - 11:56 AM, said:

I assure you that it wasn't personal.
As much as I dislike raising my voice, what I said had to be said in that way to get his attention.
You don't have to go anywhere to find ghosts. I have encountered THREE at my house...and
no one but me has ever lived here before.
One was a dog which had been hit by a truck on the street immediately west of my house.
The second was a soldier who had been murdered at Fort Hood.
The last one was the mother of a good friend.
They can be at cafes in broad daylight  in cities like Los Angeles.
If you MUST hunt, PLEASE use common sense.

I didn't think it was anything personal, yet more or so how you perhaps strongly felt about his amateurish Ghost Hunting expedition, and the outcome. Well, maybe you have got his attention, now.

I agree, many times it is most likely for spirits to actually find you, rather than finding any from searching.

Yes, common sense it very important when conducting, and throughout a Ghost Hunt.

Edited by Hudds, 18 July 2016 - 01:40 PM.

#97 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,082 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:11 PM

Keep in mind we all have to start somewhere. Looking back I'm pretty embarrassed about some of my early outings. But that's how we learn
Posted Image

#98 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:18 PM

Well,  let's use this as a learning experience regardless of what was and was not paranormal.   There are some cardinal rules that were either not known or ignored.

1)  Always be respectful,  ask permission of the people and entities and never break any laws.

2)  Never go off alone.

3)  Stay calm no matter what.   If you can't keep yourself under control you shouldn't be doing it.

4)  Watch each other's backs.   Know who you are working with and don't hesitate to pull out a member or the entire team if someone seems off.

5) Document,  document,  document.

6)  7)...  72) Watch each other's backs.   This cannot be stressed enough.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#99 PIT leader

PIT leader

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:42 PM

I really appreciate all the advice and support from everyone. The main reason I made this thread was to highlight the dangers of ghost hunting and I think it's helping to raise awareness in general of when things can go awry. I've certainly learned a few lessons and will be informing my team (which likely needs a re-structuring.)

#100 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:43 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 18 July 2016 - 01:11 PM, said:

Looking back I'm pretty embarrassed about some of my early outings. But that's how we learn

Were you mainly thinking back about your infamous Flashlight Trick?

Edited by Hudds, 19 July 2016 - 08:38 AM.