• You cannot reply to this topic
62 replies to this topic

#21 lavena

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 10:44 AM

Oh man, this reminds me of a show that was on FOX (of course, what other network would air something like this) awhile back called 101 Things Removed From The Human Body. Anybody but me remember this? I tried unsuccessfully to block it from my memory  blink.gif

Anyway, there were lots of cases profiled on there about people having all kinds of things surgically removed from their stomachs, like dozens of nails and coins.

Not to mention all the things that were removed elsewhere. Like the man that has a swordfish beak removed from his eye, and other things too horrible to mention.

I have to admit that I'm really fascinated by the human body's ability to miraculously survive some incredible things. Remember the guy not too long ago that had the construction accident with the nail gun and had all the nails stuck in his skull and brain? It's incredible.

#22 JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,277 posts
  • Location:Over the Hill and Through the Woods...Really just Over the Hill
  • Interests:My grandson!!

Posted 20 December 2004 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE(lavena @ Dec 20 2004, 10:44 AM)
Remember the guy not too long ago that had the construction accident with the nail gun and had all the nails stuck in his skull and brain? It's incredible.

View Post

I sure do remember that! That guy was sooo lucky! Just on the news a couple days ago they showed this man's xray of his skull where a 6" nail was in his forehead into his skull and his response to the doctors was he didn't know how it got there! ohmy.gif

#23 lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 20 December 2004 - 06:50 PM

I recall that incident and it still makes my head hurt. I get weak stepping on a nail yet alone having one in my skull.
My Signature

#24 mardawg666

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • Interests:Wife, kids, guns and cars.

Posted 20 December 2004 - 08:42 PM

Hey,"Put your money where your mouth is" is just an expression bub!
Thats horrible, I didnt say that!

#25 Miriavas

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts
  • Interests:Photography, life, my kids, survival.

Posted 20 December 2004 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE(Eclectic420 @ Dec 20 2004, 08:41 AM)
greetings,

hard to believe, but the show had x-rays and all sorts of things. ofcourse all this stuff the guy ate was chopped up to a size easily swallowed, but still....where do you put a plane? could you image the bowel movements associated with this....all the clinking and clanging...lmao. nuts

blessings,

View Post

My thoughts exactly,Eclectic!  blink.gif  huh.gif  unsure.gif
My Signature
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."~E.A. Poe

Blog~
Cache paranormal society

#26 Shadow Gh0st

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff

ghosts,sports,web design

thats the short version

Posted 20 December 2004 - 09:01 PM

Ok, first of all, thats just sad. You dont eat coins, if your hungry make yourself something. Second of all, why would you eat coins? And finally, third of all, you have a history of stomach problems and pains. Why cause more? We hopefully have learned a lesson here  wink.gif

Edited by Shadow Gh0st, 20 December 2004 - 09:01 PM.

#27 lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 20 December 2004 - 09:32 PM

Maybe he had an ambition to be a piggy bank. Sorry that was bad. I can't for the life of me imagine what would cause some one to do this to their own being.
My Signature

#28 Hunter

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Interests:Model Trains, Paranormal research, SCA (SCA.ORG), My family, movies, life in general.

Posted 21 December 2004 - 06:12 AM

I do not know why someone would do this but I do know that some amateur wrestlers and other people have done it to bump up their weight a little so they can compete in the category that they feel they should be in. I can see all kinds of problems stemming from it though. dry.gif
My Signature
Hanging around GS since the late 90's
What is normal and what is real and who are we to decide?

#29 Mr. Popadopalis25

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Location:jamie oliver lifted the floor tile under which he lay and smiled for it would be oliver's next twist
  • Interests:Showing up to work on time.

Posted 21 December 2004 - 06:15 AM

Oh good lord!  Besides, it said he had a mental disorder, so it's not too far fetched.

#30 lavena

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE(JeepersCreepersGStudy @ Dec 20 2004, 11:20 AM)
I sure do remember that! That guy was sooo lucky! Just on the news a couple days ago they showed this man's xray of his skull where a 6" nail was in his forehead into his skull and his response to the doctors was he didn't know how it got there! ohmy.gif

View Post

Remember that the next time you say, "I need that about as much as I need a hole in the head." Those words just might come back to haunt you.  blink.gif

#31 JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • 15,277 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE(Mr. Popadopalis25 @ Dec 21 2004, 06:15 AM)
Oh good lord!  Besides, it said he had a mental disorder, so it's not too far fetched.

View Post

This is exactly what I wanted to point out for those that don't understand why this man did this. It's in the story from the link provided....he had a mental disorder.

Lavena ~ That puts it in a different perspective! I try not to say that saying too much as my mom always said it  dry.gif LOL!

#32 lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 06:38 PM

I had a freind who was a little on the slow side, and he had this obsession with eating batteries. We all thought it was a joke and than the day came when he wasn't under supervision and he ate three double a batteries and had to be rushed to the hospitol for a stomach pumping. These conditions are so rare but even one case is one to many in my book. It is a sad thing to think about.
My Signature

#33 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 21 December 2004 - 08:18 PM

Whoa!!!!  If his family knew he was compelled to do this sort of thing, why on earth would they ever leave him alone!!! I mean soneday he may swallow something that will kill him!!!!  blink.gif

#34 JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • 15,277 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 08:31 PM

Yea, one would think!! Maybe they knew he swallowed a coin now and then and not the whole armoured truck! blink.gif

#35 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 21 December 2004 - 08:59 PM

Still!!!!! Kinda reminds me of the song "There Was An Old Lady" though!!!

#36 darkmoon

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Wicca, cooking, costuming, historical hauntings, plan, good beer in general, ferrets, and the greatest band ever Flogging Molly!

Let's have some fun people!

Call me nutter for I am the Queen!

Posted 22 December 2004 - 06:36 PM

I guess we do know why she swallowed the fly  wink.gif

I've known people who suck on pennies, I wonder if thats related?
My Signature
"What is that, the Idiots Guide to the Bloody Obvious" -Bucky Katt

#37 lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 07:24 PM

It might be. My freind later experienced a lot of depression and somehow it made him more headstrong and with my help. (he was dislexic) he dictated and I typed and he actually wrote a book of short fantasy stories that blew a lot of people away. He decided not to let it get published though. The batteries were the harshest thing he swallowed. Usually it was like small peices of plastic and the little pink erasers on top of pencils. Even now I worry about the guy.
My Signature

#38 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 22 December 2004 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE(darkmoon @ Dec 22 2004, 07:36 PM)
I guess we do know why she swallowed the fly  wink.gif

I've known people who suck on pennies, I wonder if thats related?

View Post

If I remember correctly, the reason some people suck on pennies has to do with a deficiency of some sort..... I can't remember what it is, I will go looking for the answer!! I shall return!!!

#39 Hunter

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Interests:Model Trains, Paranormal research, SCA (SCA.ORG), My family, movies, life in general.

Posted 23 December 2004 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE(HelenaHandBaskettGStudy @ Dec 23 2004, 12:45 AM)
If I remember correctly, the reason some people suck on pennies has to do with a deficiency of some sort..... I can't remember what it is, I will go looking for the answer!! I shall return!!!

View Post

It has to do with a vitamin deficiency. It is why young children will chew on window sill or eat handfuls of dirt. Copper and lead taste sweet. Copper will not harm you in any lasting fashion but the Lead will kill you. It will cause birth defects, mental retardation, miscarriage, stunted growth, Delirium, fever, coma, and death. Lead was one of the reason the Roman Empire had the problems that they had as well as many other problems though out history.

If a child is not getting the correct vitamins in their diet. They will go looking for it in other places.  This subject is one of my main jobs that I deal with every day. If you wish to know more please feel free to ask.

Edited by Hunter, 23 December 2004 - 05:29 PM.

My Signature
Hanging around GS since the late 90's
What is normal and what is real and who are we to decide?

#40 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 23 December 2004 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE(Hunter @ Dec 23 2004, 06:28 PM)
It has to do with a vitamin deficiency. It is why young children will chew on window sill or eat handfuls of dirt. Copper and lead taste sweet. Copper will not harm you in any lasting fashion but the Lead will kill you. It will cause birth defects, mental retardation, miscarriage, stunted growth, Delirium, fever, coma, and death. Lead was one of the reason the Roman Empire had the problems that they had as well as many other problems though out history.

If a child is not getting the correct vitamins in their diet. They will go looking for it in other places.  This subject is one of my main jobs that I deal with every day. If you wish to know more please feel free to ask.

View Post

Thank you Hunter! I knew it had to do with vitamins!!

Maybe the guy in the story should think about upping his One-A-Days!

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com