Skinwalker Ranch

• You cannot reply to this topic
51 replies to this topic

#1 csap75

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Hang out with family and friends, spin records, music, paranormal.

Posted 12 September 2016 - 05:39 PM

Has anyone watched Skinwalker Ranch the movie. I was able to find a movie trailer of it.

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=zPAOC5F5o1c
My Signature
Posted Image

#2 csap75

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 05:48 PM

I found it on my kodi box. I'm watching it now, I'll let you know my thoughts on it.
My Signature
Posted Image

#3 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,245 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:00 PM

I haven't seen it myself, but reviews were less than kind. Let us know what you think!  And read the book I've mentioned before if you haven't already
My Signature
Posted Image

#4 csap75

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:49 PM

...ok first of all, I just got finished watching the movie and it is only 120 minutes long. It's filmed like a POV type documentary which I don't really care for. Secondly I felt like they were all over the place with the paranormal activity going on at the ranch. There were apparitions so I was like okay we're going in that direction, then out of the blue a werewolf "skinwalker" comes out of nowhere! Now we have aliens....I think the movie had a lot of potential to be a really good movie, Skinwalker Ranch title, caught my attention.

I have not read it but I will definitely check it out.
My Signature
Posted Image

#5 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:21 PM

Actually, all those things you mentioned above, have been reported at the ranch.
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#6 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,245 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:32 PM

Yup, UFO;s, cryptids, cattle mutilations, paranormal and other activity. Mac, you read the book then?
My Signature
Posted Image

#7 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:35 PM

No, I haven't read it. The information I saw, was from cryptid, UFO and Paranormal websites.
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#8 csap75

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:03 PM

I didn't know that. The only thing I ever heard of when associated with skinwalker ranch was the UFO phenomenon. I definitely need to read this book and learn more about this place. Are there any good documentaries out their you all recommend? ?
My Signature
Posted Image

#9 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,245 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:17 PM

No good one that I'm aware of. There is this website (not official) http://www.skinwalkerranch.org/

This article and video with an army colonel describing his experiences there   http://www.openminds...ies-video/24626

Here's an interview with one of the authors of the book (who was part of the investigative team)  https://www.youtube....h?v=PNITdOzfb5Q

Haven't seen this one, it looks like a 2 hour presentation by the co author, George Knapp, award winning newsman in Las Vegas  https://www.youtube....h?v=l-zj-YYaFkk

Honestly, this one of the major things that changed my thinking about UFO's, paranormal stuff etc.  I really would recommend the book, I got it on Nook for 8.99, it's probably available on the Kindle as well. The I read a few books by Jacques Vallee, who also has similar views regarding UFO's, paranormal stuff etc.  So, could be UFO's are not necessarily from other planets!  :)

Book link : http://www.barnesand...eher/1100333546
My Signature
Posted Image

#10 csap75

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 06:33 PM

Thanks Vlawde I will take a look at these documentaries. I also found this one that looks promising. I'll to wait to watch them this weekend though.

https://hauntedman.n...inwalker-ranch/

I do think the movie needs to be remade. I really think this subject could make a blockbuster hit. What do you think?
My Signature
Posted Image

#11 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 10:32 AM

View Postcsap75, on 12 September 2016 - 06:49 PM, said:

...ok first of all, I just got finished watching the movie and it is only 120 minutes long. It's filmed like a POV type documentary which I don't really care for. Secondly I felt like they were all over the place with the paranormal activity going on at the ranch. There were apparitions so I was like okay we're going in that direction, then out of the blue a werewolf "skinwalker" comes out of nowhere! Now we have aliens....I think the movie had a lot of potential to be a really good movie, Skinwalker Ranch title, caught my attention.

I have not read it but I will definitely check it out.

Hi, csap75!!  I've had a good time with this for the past 3 hours!  I'd forgotten why I tossed in the towel on Skinwalker (I call it Skywalker) lol a long time ago.  It got out of control.  Really?!

After a lifetime of experiencing weird stuff I've come to the conclusion that Skinwalk lol Ranch (I had to think about that) is an enormous haunted house.  Really?!

Yeh.  Right off the bat, first day out, an enormous wolf (direwolf apparently).  My Rubbish sensor was out too.  And then I considered it.  Well what does a "Big Boo" consist of?  You are drawn into another reality the minute you cross over the threshold of an extremely haunted place.  You will rationalize every occurrence taking place into your reality and not have clue.  You will know something weird has apparently happened by the time it is all over with.  People make major decisions here.  I can't believe this.  lol  or I do believe this.  And life in a haunted place continues.  How much you are willing to participate is a question you ought to be asking yourself.

There is basically no control over places of this kind.   EECK!!  Going with the flow of my survival instinct would be very challenging.

Apparently all is quiet there now.  Just like a haunted house.
My Signature
Happily Wacko.

#12 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,245 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 10:38 AM

I'm not sure about exactly what is happening there right now. It's still secured and heavily guarded, it's been years since the investigative team of scientists left, saying activity had slowed and they couldn't really get a handle on what was happening

csap, I really don't want to see another movie made about the ranch. As we've seen before, movies exaggerate and create things far from the real truth. I think a movie would muddy the waters about what really happened. And as we've seen before, people confuse movie lore with the actual truth
My Signature
Posted Image

#13 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 11:54 AM

I've always been fascinated by the whole experience at SkinWalker Ranch.... who wouldn't be!  :)

I won't comment too much until I familiarize myself with it's history and I look forward to watching the documentary!
I think it was Vlawde that brought this whole thing up a couple years ago or he added links to the conversation.... that's when I became interested!

#14 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 02:28 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 13 September 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

No good one that I'm aware of. There is this website (not official) http://www.skinwalkerranch.org/

This article and video with an army colonel describing his experiences there   http://www.openminds...ies-video/24626

Here's an interview with one of the authors of the book (who was part of the investigative team)  https://www.youtube....h?v=PNITdOzfb5Q

Haven't seen this one, it looks like a 2 hour presentation by the co author, George Knapp, award winning newsman in Las Vegas  https://www.youtube....h?v=l-zj-YYaFkk

Honestly, this one of the major things that changed my thinking about UFO's, paranormal stuff etc.  I really would recommend the book, I got it on Nook for 8.99, it's probably available on the Kindle as well. The I read a few books by Jacques Vallee, who also has similar views regarding UFO's, paranormal stuff etc.  So, could be UFO's are not necessarily from other planets!  :)

Book link : http://www.barnesand...eher/1100333546

Yes, I ordered that book.  And I picked up another entitled, "The Haunted House Diaries" (Ghosts, Aliens & Holes in Space and Time)  Skinwalker is still in print but it's on back order by the supplier.  Couple days...maybe.
My Signature
Happily Wacko.

#15 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 02:32 PM

Cool, i'll grab a copy, when they get in a new order.
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#16 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,245 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 10:14 AM

Here's a link which explains the theory about UFOs paranormal etc being not what they seem to be  https://en.wikipedia...onal_hypothesis
My Signature
Posted Image

#17 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 02:23 PM

View PostMacCGStudy, on 19 September 2016 - 02:32 PM, said:

Cool, i'll grab a copy, when they get in a new order.

Hi, Mac.  Yeh.  Grab one up and let's see what we think is going on.  lol

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 22 September 2016 - 10:14 AM, said:

Here's a link which explains the theory about UFOs paranormal etc being not what they seem to be  https://en.wikipedia...onal_hypothesis

I think I'm up for looking at MWI & IDH.  

On a side note, ever read anything on paranormal flaps?

I gotta go take a look around.  See Ya.

Huh.  The only thing I'm getting out of it right now is that people in certain areas have a heightened sensitivity to "something."

Paul Eno describes a paranormal flap as -multiple seemingly unrelated paranormal events taking place in profusion in the same area.

Ohio Valley:  Mothman
Utah: Skinwalker Ranch lol
Connecticut, Litchfield County
Massachusetts, Bridgewater Triangle - Mac
UK, Randlesham Forest

I'm not happy about this but I am continuing to see how the many became one. lol  Ha!  I was about to say that I don't live anywhere near a paranormal flap...

Edited by Menet, 23 September 2016 - 04:06 PM.

My Signature
Happily Wacko.

#18 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 07:23 PM

I picked up that book today, "Hunt For The Skinwalker".  It reads pretty fast because I'm on Chapter 6 High Strangeness and I've not been at it that long.  One things for sure, I've always been fascinated by Native American lore.
My Signature
Happily Wacko.

#19 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 06:43 PM

Now see what you got me into csap75, lol.  Ok, I'm almost done with this book...but that leaves me with several other locations to take a look at.

Paranormal flaps?!  I'm not satisfied yet.
My Signature
Happily Wacko.

#20 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:27 AM

Well, just like any other place that haunts individuals after encountering something inexplicable, the writers of this book, "Hunt for the Skinwalker", start grasping at straws because when it comes to the "unknown" scientific methodologies just don't work.  They did admit it.  Nothing going on at the ranch now.  It's a dead horse.  But I am going through the references at the end of the book.  Most sites are outdated and missing but I can probably find the articles in other places if I look hard enough.

A movie of this kind would be disappointing in my opinion because there is no satisfying ending to it.  It remains, "unknown".
My Signature
Happily Wacko.

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com