• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 PumpkinWraith

PumpkinWraith

1D's #1 Fan

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts
  • Interests:Mainly my family and chatting to and getting to know the many good friends I've made here over the years. I love Rock, Metal and alternative music as well as having a profound interest in the paranormal.

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

Hi everyone

On behalf of all members of staff and long term members  I wanted to post an informal reminder for everyone but mainly newer members about how we do things here on the forums, in light of a few Incidents that we have had recently.

As most of you are aware, this is a pleasant and friendly place and we really want to keep it that way.  

Most members both old and new respect the forum rules and above all respect each other regardless of what opinions we have.  But there are a few people who decide to join with the intention of causing trouble or posting negative stuff just to get a kick out of rubbing people up the wrong way. . The staff members have had some very rude emails from some newer members recently who seem to think that they can demand the impossible and we will just jump and they will get what they want.  Unfortunately, we don't appreciate being told that we don't care about the members here or that we try to help everyone with issues on the Forums as best as we can and then get it thrown back in our faces.  

One particular issue is that of generated passwords.  We received a very stern email from a newer member stating

" I am 65 and know when I am being played "for a fool", which someone there seems to enjoy doinng by sending me passwords that are rejected wwhen I try to sign in. I do not find any humor in this deviant behavior and would have failed students in my classes if such was tried on me there. Just sens me a simplee, 6 character one like the one I use".

Now we aren't fools either, this issue could have been resolved by the person asking for help in a calm and civilised way.  If they had sent an email saying that they were having issues and was there any way to resolve it, they would have found out that the new passwords are automatically generated and each time you request a new one the system will send a random password which you can change in your control panel.  It has nothing to do with staff.  If there are logging in issues then all you need to do is ask one of us to look into it which we will do as soon as possible.  When someone sends me an email written in this tone it really puts me off helping that person out.  I know that I'm not the only one with that opinion.  There is also no need to tell us what qualifications you hold or how old you are.  This kind of thing just spits "I'm better than you and you'll do as I say". ... That's not how it works here I'm afraid.  Don't expect people to respect you of you can't respect them.

If you need any Help with issues regarding the forums then please email a member of staff, or post a thread in the Help forum.  Most things can be resolved this way.

So please remember

The nice stuff....

* you are welcome to post to ask for advice, help or opinions or share stories.
* if you need help from other members of staff feel free to email or PM any of us.  
* please enjoy this forum, we are all here because we have similar interests
* we are nice people and do like a bit of banter,  please don't feel offended if we joke around (we do have our off topic forums for when we get very silly)
* This forum is Moderated at all times (We all live in different time zones) but we only jump in if we feel it is absolutely necessary.

The not-so nice stuff....

* We do not tolerate rudeness.  If we see this happening members involved will receive a warning, and if it   carries on they will be put on Mod approval which means their posts will be reviewed before they are posted. Failing that that members will be banned with no warning.

* We all have different opinions so please respect that.  If you don't like something that someone has posted either be respectful when posting a reply or don't reply. Be prepared to hear something you may not agree with.

* We aren't bothered if you have an OBE, PhD, or an NVQ in hairdressing .. but, no one appreciates it being shoved in their faces.  We are here to discuss the paranormal not give people a hard time because you think you know better than them.  If you think your qualification makes your opinions better than anyone else's then I suggest you find another forum and have your argument there.

* if you need to speak to a member of staff via PM or email, please be aware that we are not payed to do this job, we are not glued to a computer 24/7, we have jobs and families so please be patient when contacting us.  We will reply to you ASAP. We will do our upmost to help if you need it.  

* Do not try to stir up conflict by deliberately trying to make others look stupid.  You will be banned no question

* Usually the moderating team will spot any conflict before it gets out of hand and we will deal with it in a civilised manner.  Please don't try to deal with it yourself but make us aware if you spot anything that needs attention, that's what we are here for.  That said we do have great members that will step in and politely remind members to tone it down and we are grateful for that

.... One last thing ....

The word filter is there for a reason.  Do not try to get round it by using asterisks and other symbols or spaces to replace profanities.  We do not allow swearing on this forum.  It is not necessary and any posts found to contain them will be edited with a Moderator note.  If it carries on your posts will be deleted

Thanks for your understanding

See you around...  

~Pumpkin

Posted Image

The Aliens said I could take a friend next time. Apply below ......but no mad people!

I <3 One Direction. Harry 4Ever!

#2 Laura

Laura

Orb

• GS Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

I want to thank you all for your support and kindness. Not all paranormal sites are as open minded and understanding. Again thank you. And as far as I'm concerned this is the best site on the web!!!!

#3 Loru

Loru

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:47 AM

Yes,

I also think GhostStudy is great :)
Friendly, caring, helpful, honest staff and members.
And we all have at least one thing in commen,
we all help together, to figure out
what is happening between heaven and earth ;)
Wishing everyone a great day,

Loru

#4 jlemich

jlemich

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Playing with my dogs.
    Drinking wine LOL
    Learning more about
    the paranormal...

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:40 PM

I am looking forward to meeting everyone here and learning new things =]

#5 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:19 PM

View Postjlemich, on 17 January 2015 - 05:40 PM, said:

I am looking forward to meeting everyone here and learning new things =]
Welcome! You will love it here.

#6 Chrissotomayor420

Chrissotomayor420

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:what the heck am I talking to in my sleep!

Posted 17 April 2016 - 12:08 PM

I caught on to the whole "troll" thing wen people were bein rude then you couldn't find them anymore ahha then kept changing my words then read more into it an found the pg13 stuff lol I like it tho. If you don't think it's real an don't like the stuff people have to say. Why join this site?! Lmfao dang Trolls..

#7 Arinomg

Arinomg

Orb

• GS Member
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Chocolate, cheese, ghost story

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:43 AM

Thank you admins

#8 Muriel

Muriel

Apport

• GS Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:04 AM

Good Evening..

As a long time moderator of another paranormal forum, I can relate to every word you have written.  As a rank and file member of this forum, I appreciate the work you do to keep the forum running smoothly.

Thank-you!

Muriel!

#9 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,282 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:12 AM

The admin and moderators might have changed but the messages are universal. :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#10 Eve

Eve

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:All things paranormal! And, SCUBA, hiking, painting, writing, and red, red wine. ;)

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:19 AM

I'm loving your no-nonsense, no trolling approach. No wonder this is the best paranormal site I've seen!
www.evesmyth.com

#11 KaciR

KaciR

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:12 PM

I have read and understood. I am a newbie here and I would very much appreciate everyone's opinion on my new post. Thank you for posting this.  

:3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users