© Fisana

Ghoststudy... Main Site's Stance On Ouija Board

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:32 PM

I know lot of people have asked about the ouija board and the dangers of using them. I can't believe that I didn't think of pinning this sooner.
Here it is, readily available:

http://ghoststudy.co...rdwarning2.html

Also, I do know there are some that believe that the ouija board is nothing but a game and can cause no harm. If you are one of those aforementioned people, I respectfully ask that you do not post in this thread. I do not want sceptics or non-believers minimizing the experiences others may have had, by discounting it as a "game".

Thank you.

#2 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,210 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 30 August 2015 - 05:55 PM

Thank you for posting that, Helena!

Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#3 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

Don't Mess With Me

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:12 PM

Agreed I think that is only fair. Great call

#4 vave82

vave82

The Fairy with an Attitude

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • Interests:Family time, my pets, travelling, outdoors, shopping, pretty things and paranormal - quite a good mix here!

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:18 PM

Thank you for posting! Never wanted to try and use one of those boards and never will, that's for sure!!

#5 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:23 PM

Lol I have seen too many movies to know that nothing good ever comes from them! ;)

#6 Morrigan

Morrigan

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:family, reading, cooking, artificial intelligence

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:28 AM

Great post, wish there was a way to make teenagers more aware of this, so this is a good way of spreading the info. When I tried as a teenager I didn't know about any dangers. Thankfully nothing happened and I know better today!

#7 chips1310

chips1310

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:All things spooky

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:56 AM

Yeah good post, I dabbled alot with the ouija board as a kid/teenager. There were numerous incidents which I find cannot explain, whether they were real or in the mind I dont really know but certainly felt so real at the time. I do remember alot of freaked out moments which scared myself and others present, again I'm unsure if anything was for real or mass hysterics. A name that always cropped up though was Ventrogan, even after countless google searches all these years later I still haven't come across that name again anywhere. I believe now that name was imprinted into my subconscious all them years ago, hence why it would always come up when doing the ouija. I can say that the name and incidents all felt real though, irrespective of peoples views on this subject. My take on it now as an adult is that its a dangerous hobby to develop.  Through my own experiences i had sleepless nights and anxiety, I felt myself I was losing control when doing ouija sessions. On some occasions I would feel detatched while doing it, I could see myself watching from elsewhere in the room. I seemed to have built up a bit of a rep with so called friends and they encouraged me to do these sessions, this made me feel like some sort of celebrity amongst them. Infact mentally I was really in too deep and believed in my own hype, where in the real world I was sinking into depression. They ban toys that are deemed dangerous, ouija boards can mentally scar you. I shudder at some of the antics I had while using it.

Edited by chips1310, 31 August 2015 - 09:17 AM.

Ignorance is refusing to believe what we dont understand

#8 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 11:06 AM

Ok, I've stayed out of this thread for a while.  Now, I'm throwing myself in.

Question: the link states: "Brought to you by spiritual curiosity dot com" (which is no longer valid).  Is what follows on that page from that specific site or from Jim?

Also, it appears that what's written on that page is all personal experience from that individual. I think it goes without saying that not everyone has had a bad experience with a Ouija board (I know I haven't). I personally have a hard time with much of what's stated on there. Then again, I'm usually ornery and go against the grain anyway.
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

#9 Shawn4233

Shawn4233

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, Horror Movies, Music, Traveling, Meeting New People, Sports, Friends, Chatting, Video Games, Concerts, Food, TV, New Experiences, Having A Good Time, Laughing, Making Others Laugh, Helping Others.

Posted 07 September 2015 - 02:41 PM

I was thinking about this. Is there any way we can take out the "Ghost Study's Stance" just because not all here at Ghost Study have the same stance respectably. We are a paranormal site. I respect the opinion of those that have used a Oujia Board. Some experiences are OK and others are not. For us to learn more about the field we have to take both sides into consideration and I don't want people to stray from telling us about their experiences because they feel that we as a whole frown upon it. I just feel like we may shun some people who may have a great story to tell with them will hold back because they feel this is the general consensus. I want to learn any and all someone may have to say about the field regardless of the tools they have used.
Your Leading Gettysburg Paranormal Authority
Twitter: @WinFBLeague

#10 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:00 PM

By "GhostStudy" it is meaning the GhostStudy main site. The board is Paranormal Soup.
By GhostStudy, it is Jim's stance in Ouija boards.

#11 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,534 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:33 PM

Should have been clarified. I bit my tongue, it came across as our forum's  "official" stance on the board.  As a member, I don't share that opinion
Posted Image

#12 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:37 PM

View PostSafire973GStudy, on 07 September 2015 - 11:06 AM, said:

Question: the link states: "Brought to you by spiritual curiosity dot com" (which is no longer valid).  Is what follows on that page from that specific site or from Jim?

Also, it appears that what's written on that page is all personal experience from that individual. I think it goes without saying that not everyone has had a bad experience with a Ouija board (I know I haven't). I personally have a hard time with much of what's stated on there. Then again, I'm usually ornery and go against the grain anyway.

I believe that may have been one of Jim's older websites.. At one time he was running upwards of 10 websites, (the Secret Crypt, Calling All Ghosts, etc.)

Yes,it may have been written as someone's personal experience, I do not know the specifics of the article. That being said, I am one of those people who have a bad experience using the Ouija board... Twice. That is why I believe the board isn't something to "play" with.

View PostVlawde, on 07 September 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

Should have been clarified. I bit my tongue, it came across as our forum's  "official" stance on the board.  As a member, I don't share that opinion

Yes, and I happen to know your stance on the Ouija Board.. which is why I respectfully asked non-believers to stay out of the  topic.

#13 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:15 PM

View PostVlawde, on 07 September 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

~snip~ I bit my tongue,~snip
Well, there's a first time for everything.

Thanks for the clarification HHB. I didn't realize Jim had multiple sites over the years.

Now, Jim or HHB can correct me if I'm wrong, but Ghoststudy is one site, and ParanormalSoup (the forum) is another.  While they may feed off each other from time to time, they are separate entities.
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

#14 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:19 PM

View PostSafire973GStudy, on 07 September 2015 - 04:15 PM, said:

Thanks for the clarification HHB. I didn't realize Jim had multiple sites over the years.

Now, Jim or HHB can correct me if I'm wrong, but Ghoststudy is one site, and ParanormalSoup (the forum) is another.  While they may feed off each other from time to time, they are separate entities.

Yes, they are separate entities.  But as you said, they do feed off each other.

#15 SeCRETofTheForest

SeCRETofTheForest

Apport

• GS Member
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:22 PM

I don't doubt Jim's good intentions, but a couple of those first 10 answers are outright false and others are half true or misleading.

Edited by SeCRETofTheForest, 07 September 2015 - 04:25 PM.

#16 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:29 PM

View PostSeCRETofTheForest, on 07 September 2015 - 04:22 PM, said:

I think a better title (to avoid confusion) would be 'Jim's stance on Ouija boards'.

I don't doubt Jim's good intentions, but a couple of those first 10 answers are outright false and others are half true or misleading.

Out-right false? Half-truths? Misleading? It's one person giving their opinion.. through their personal experience...

I don't want  it to come to this, but I have no problem locking this topic and making it a read-only. If you DO NOT agree with what is posted in the article, fine. But as I said before, please, stay out of the topic out of courtesy of those that do believe.

#17 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,210 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:41 PM

As for GhostStudy.com.... it definitely is the stand we take on that topic.

I have been severely saddened over all the emails I have received from those that have found their lives in ruins. And all of that because of what they brought in by using a Ouija Board or even Tarot cards, dowsing rods, etc. And because I have been warned, it is my responsibility to warn others. Which I am now doing again right now.

People think that it's harmless and rather adventurous to dabble in it. And for the most part, nothing much happens and you go on with your life. Well, between you and I, that's not where it stops. You opened that door and you don't even know it. It may be months or even years before you start experiencing the effects of your deed. And by then, you won't even be able to connect the two together. Satan is sly and you shouldn't mess with something you know nothing about.

Now here is my opinion and my religious belief..........Spirits will not speak to you through such means. But devils will... and trust me, they know everything about you and all your relatives too! And I could tell you more but it would fall on deaf ears.

The only reason that I don't take the same stand here as I do on GhostStudy, is because here, it's not about the site, it's about the members.... all of you!

My position is only to warn.... It's up to you whether you listen or not. At least I can sleep at night knowing I have tried.
Posted Image

#18 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,210 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 07:13 PM

SecretOfTheForest.... you are welcome to PM your response directly to me by way of PM.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users