From the GhostStudy archives:

http://www.ghoststud...s/cleansing.htm

#2 vave82

vave82

The Fairy with an Attitude

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • Interests:Family time, my pets, travelling, outdoors, shopping, pretty things and paranormal - quite a good mix here!

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:40 PM

Very informative :) Hopefully I will never need it!! :)

#3 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:24 PM

As they say, better to not need it and know where it is, than to need it and not have it!

#4 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 10:44 AM

Smudging dates back to many cultures from the Druids to Native Americans with varied success. I remember one account where the inexperienced smudger failed to open all the windows and supposedly created more of a problem because whatever was their was said to be trapped. Much like poking a bear with a sharpened stick. Taking matters into your own hands can have varied success. Personally I don't accept smudging as cure all because their isn't anything documenting proof of use but I can see desperate times can promote desperate measures.

Interestingly, Loyd Auerbach suggests that he's had personal luck by introducing strong magnets and believes it interrupts magnetic fields creating a diversion. Joe Nickel's a well known skeptic believes by introducing a substantially powerful stereo system with megawatts plus will drive things out of a house if used for several hours at a time. Although, with Joe being a hardcore skeptic, it may well just be a tongue in cheek statement.
Posted Image
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.:"
----Bertrand Russell----

#5 jlemich

jlemich

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 279 posts
  • Interests:Playing with my dogs.
    Drinking wine LOL
    Learning more about
    the paranormal...

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:47 PM

Thanks for posting!

#6 Avalon

Avalon

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Nature. Wicca. Jewelry Design. My Cats (I have 3). PC Games. Paranormal or Abnormal Activity. Weather. Theology. Psychic Anomalies.Alternate Universe or Time. String Theory.

Posted 24 October 2015 - 06:24 PM

Cleansing oneself and ones home should be done periodically. Psychic attacks can also come from the living. I have asthma and can't utilize smudge stick. I do use soy/wax melts I burn in a candle warmer. this penetrates the house without having to get into every nook and cranny. Scents to use are Sage, Sandalwood and Cedar( some say in that order) To cleanse oneself simply shower with soap and visualize the negativity leaving you and then wash again ( for this  I use sandalwood soap} and visualize positive energy flowing in you. Remember the more you believe in your own power to take your self and house back the better the result. True "Magic" comes from within. Be firm and fearless.

#7 Chris Charles

Chris Charles

Apport

• GS Member
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Anything odd and crazy, who doesn't love a good mystery.

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:04 PM

fascinating read, thank you.
Things go bang in the night, but don't be scared.

I do a series of ghost report videos on youtube, feel free to check them out https://www.youtube....y4-p5N_JYw50-SQ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users