Something That's Been On My Mind

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 WhispersInTheAttic

WhispersInTheAttic

Orb

• GS Member
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:anime. films. horror movies. music. playing guitar. books and comics. writing. poetry. art. beaches. nature. photography. swimming. hiking in woods. kayaking. video games. stargazing. the paranormal. graveyards. meditations. crystals, minerals and gemstones.

Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:50 AM

Ever since I was younger I've always believed in the paranormal/ghosts/aliens. It's always caught my attention. Lately I've been going to Forums and not many people these days believe in this sort of thing and it kind of disappoints me. There's several forums, blogs and groups on Facebook, yet so many people keep disbelieving that they exist. Know it's good to be skeptic before you go into home before saying, "This house is haunted." There's many people who fake things to happening and than you find out that it's all a hoax.

Is there true hauntings out there that have happened and that are in fact true? Does anyone else feel the way I do?

What makes you believe in ghosts? Did you have an experience or were open to certain things? Something happened to me and I don't tell many people about it because I'm afraid nobody would believe it and I still question if it truly happened or not. I felt it though and I know something was in the room with me. Next morning I went over everything and I knew what I felt was real because several others have encountered the same things I felt in my best friends daughter's room. Everyone felt something watching them when they were sleeping and nobody knows history of the house or things that occurred inside before they moved in.

There's times I go back and forth, back and forth, questioning if ghosts are real or not. I'd love to hear everyone's opinion on this. I'm stuck and I hate the way I'm feeling right now because that would mean I went through my whole life believing in something to not be real.... and it makes me kinda sad too for some reason.... :cwy:

Edited by WhispersInTheAttic, 24 June 2017 - 11:50 AM.

Posted Image

#2 The_Dead_Shall_Rise_Again

The_Dead_Shall_Rise_Again

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 01:29 PM

I cant speak for others,but i've come face to face with a ghost before and i know they exist.As for what others believe or dont believe,it doesnt really matter.It only matters what you believe in.

#3 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,535 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 24 June 2017 - 01:53 PM

I know it's real, and have done quite a bit of investigating.

I think many of the negative comments come about because there is so much stuff being posted that is either a hoax, or something normal misinterpreted as paranormal. Social media is full of this kind of thing, most are posted for hits, likes, and just for attention. Most of the real stuff likely stays in investigative circles for serious analysis
Posted Image

#4 Snickers

Snickers

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 03:02 PM

Ghosts are very real. Most people don't believe it because they have seen so many hoaxes that instead of having an open mind, they just believe all of it is a hoax.  Don't let anyone make you doubt yourself. You know what you have seen and felt, even if other's don't believe you. People not believing doesn't make it any less real!
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#5 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 03:32 PM

I know they are real. I've experienced too much to think otherwise. Disappointed or anything? Not really. As far as I'm concerned, it's their loss. So long as they don't call me names or tell me I'm nuts, we're fine. I have much more immediate concerns... like whether Trump will decide he wants to force me out of the country just because I have a green card even though I haven't done anything wrong. He's done it to others.

#6 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,968 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:03 PM

Posted Image do not feel sad!

I am not influenced by what other people think or their beliefs.

I believed in such thing before and after my personal experiences
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#7 Lamfada

Lamfada

Orb

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:38 AM

The tradition of believing in something like what we call ghosts is as old as history, though skepticism on the issue is almost as old.

Mostly I seems to believe in ghosts because I grew up in a family that did and I've had experiences that seem to fit no explanation other than the paranormal one

#8 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,579 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:39 PM

I live in a haunted house and experienced a lot of paranormal activity in my home and off my property. Does it bother me if people don't believe? Maybe a little, but they don't live in my shoes, so I won't let them dictate to me, about what is and isn't real.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#9 siguie

siguie

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 01:41 PM

I've never seen or experienced anything paranormal :no: I just like the concept and toys and would like ghosts and things to be real :yes:

My biggest issue is the number of people who post carp photos/videos as "evidence" and then get annoyed that no one believes them or are criticizing their evidence. If someone has an experience that makes them believe that's fine and understandable :yes: it's even understandable not to have or get good evidence :yes: BUT having an experience and posting bad evidence and insisting it is PROOF will just get you a Posted Image

That said I do very much enjoy hearing about peoplez experience and seeing whatever evidence they may have :carp: or not. The way I see it you are trying to prove the existence of an ephemeral energetic experience ... like atmospheric elves and sprites ... challenging evidence and sussing out other possible explanations is the first step in having an "experience" accepted as real by others who are open minded.

For the record you are all nuts :yes: but not because you believe in ghost :no:

:bunny:
- siguie -

#10 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:27 AM

I think you'll find a healthy mix of sceptics and believers on here - and that's representative of the whole world! No-one can really give you an answer that is 100% - you will find people who will disagree with even the most robust evidence. And sometimes determining the existence of the paranormal is a learning journey - you need to doubt and speculate in order to reach a level of understanding. Your thoughts are quite common!

For what it's worth I'm on the 'yes it's real' side :D
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#11 Tarinya

Tarinya

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:10 PM

I've just always found it an interesting concept. I tend to be on the skeptical side, always figuring there must be a reasonable explanation for things. But, I've had a few experiences that just don't make sense. Most recent smelling smoke in my home, when no one does or ever has smoked. Though my Aunt who had recently passed did. I thought maybe I was just imagining it. And then my son said he had smelled it too. So I think maybe she paid a visit.
I think for those of us who do believe it's often a comfort. The idea that there really is something after death.

#12 bellewitch

bellewitch

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:33 PM

I have always believed in ghosts and the paranormal sometimes I think I'm a ghost magnet! My sister in law died almost 5 years ago and I know for a fact she hangs around my house all the time, there is a certain scent of candle she loved, I could never stand the smell of it and I'm always smelling the scent when I've done something that displeases her.

#13 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 09:13 PM

well she is certainly making her presence known! welcome to the boards Bellewitch :D

#14 WhispersInTheAttic

WhispersInTheAttic

Orb

• GS Member
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:anime. films. horror movies. music. playing guitar. books and comics. writing. poetry. art. beaches. nature. photography. swimming. hiking in woods. kayaking. video games. stargazing. the paranormal. graveyards. meditations. crystals, minerals and gemstones.

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:37 PM

View Postbellewitch, on 08 July 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

I have always believed in ghosts and the paranormal sometimes I think I'm a ghost magnet! My sister in law died almost 5 years ago and I know for a fact she hangs around my house all the time, there is a certain scent of candle she loved, I could never stand the smell of it and I'm always smelling the scent when I've done something that displeases her.

Yes I feel the same way. There's times I feel things and in the beginning I was freaked out by it. At first I saw things out of the corner of my eye. Thought my eyes were playing tricks on me but overtime more things happened and I didn't know what to make out of it. Once I stayed at my best friends house I kept hearing whispers as I was sleeping and laughed it off. Stayed for two weeks and continued to hear it. Several people who stayed in my best friends house who stayed in her daughter's room heard whispers and felt as if they were being watched. Her own daughter is scared to stay in there. Last night I was there she slept beside me and I told her to wake me up if she got scared.

Many people think I'm nuts or doesn't believe in ghosts. It made me sad on that day I posted by people's choice of words they used towards me and I'm a pretty sensitive person by nature. Now I continue to leave myself open and write down experiences I have if they happen.

Posted Image

#15 Lamfada

Lamfada

Orb

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:54 PM

Seems to me the whole issue of ghosts and hauntings is confused and muddled by the entertainment industry.  A great many people expect a haunting to be some sort of spectacular and terrifying event--people running around screaming, getting pianos thrown at them and such like.

That's why I don't go to ghostly movies.  They don't frighten me, they bore me with silly cliches and bad acting

My experience with the paranormal is that it is a very subtle, rare and wondrous thing.  I've seen a ghost or two in my time.  They were just there--not particularly dangerous or to be feared--just, quite literally miraculous

#16 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,228 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:43 PM

Wow... there's so much I could say but I dare not.

But my testimony is that ghosts, evil spirits and demonic beings all exist. And not only that but there is a loving God as well.
~
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#17 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:57 AM

I think that it's healthy to say that the likelihood of a really phenomenal, prolonged event occurring is minimal, but that this does actually happen. So it's good to be wary and take good steps towards psychic self defence! Better safe than sorry :D

#18 Amethyst

Amethyst

Official Ghoststudy Psychic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:31 PM

I have had encounters for over 60 years.  I know they are real.  I have seen them, felt them and spoken with them.

Amethyst
IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED THEN SKYDIVING IS NOT FOR YOU!

ADVICE, WHEN MOST NEEDED, IS LEAST HEEDED

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end the quicker it goes!

"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" said the Wizard of Oz to the Tin Man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users