• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,633 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:05 PM

Entity leaves three scratch marks. Why is it that 3 marks seem to be typical in a haunted house?

Do certain types of entities have three claws?
From the GhostStudy.com mail bag

And why do they scratch at all?
1. To scare the recipient?
2. To add an entry point?
3. To defy the Trinity?

Here's the Story
Rosemary writes, this is a picture of my husband's back.  We have three ghosts/spirits in our house, one of which always follows us wherever we move. We have heard our names being called, something saying hello, coughing, mumbling and movement of objects and have seen a dark shadow person.
On Wednesday, my husband came home from work pretty stressed, and complaining about his job. He went upstairs to the in-suite and this happened to him. He was wearing a t-shirt. He suddenly felt a burning sensation and asked me to take a look.  This has happened to him once before, in the same room but not as bad.  I include two pictures, one of the three large scratches on the right and the second photo showing small scratches on his left shoulder.
Our house is only five years old, but we think it may be built on the site of an old priory. Look forward to your opinions, Rosemary

Posted Image

Photo enhanced for a bolder view of the marks
Posted Image

Smaller marks inflicted on the left shoulder
Posted Image
~
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#2 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:20 PM

Anyone else have a story of being scratched?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:44 PM

I've woken up with a scratch or two and even a few bruises. I mostly put them down to my being clumsy as all get out. The scratches have never been in threes.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#4 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:52 PM

Maybe "It" only has 3 fingers or claws.... I dunno the anatomy of this "thing".
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#5 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:20 PM

View PostMacCGStudy, on 29 June 2017 - 09:44 PM, said:

I've woken up with a scratch or two and even a few bruises. I mostly put them down to my being clumsy as all get out. The scratches have never been in threes.

Well, I don't think we have to worry about anything too evil & hideous coming after you anytime soon.  ;)
Posted Image

#6 Ectoplazzum

Ectoplazzum

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:33 PM

The theory is that anything that is done in threes during a haunting is to mock the Holy Trinity.  Now, it remains to be seen as to whether it is an inhuman entity doing it because it really IS mocking the Trinity, or a human entity trying to project itself as a tough guy so that the living will be more afraid of it.  If a being was a jerk when it was living it's going to be a jerk as a ghost.  Simply dying doesn't make someone nice.

#7 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,703 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:30 PM

The "3 scratch marks..Demonic!" trope is so overdone on tv to drum up ratings, and the word demonic makes things more exciting. I doubt that the theory it mocks the trinity have any basis. I'd wager most of the scratches in threes are done by a person on purpose, or at best a coincidence. If done by a spirit, as Ecto says, is just them trying to be scary because that's what people expect
Posted Image

#8 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:40 PM

View PostEctoplazzum, on 04 August 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

The theory is that anything that is done in threes during a haunting is to mock the Holy Trinity.  Now, it remains to be seen as to whether it is an inhuman entity doing it because it really IS mocking the Trinity, or a human entity trying to project itself as a tough guy so that the living will be more afraid of it.  If a being was a jerk when it was living it's going to be a jerk as a ghost.  Simply dying doesn't make someone nice.

I will definitely have to side with you on this on Ectoplazzum, most probable that it's mocking of the trinity. And the other theory is that three scratches are a mark of destruction. So in other words... the victim is marked for future use, which is a situation you definitely don't want to be in.

And as you say... we don't drastically change suddenly when we die... we are who we are. If we were a jerk in life, we most likely will continue to be a jerk in death. And "scare tactics" are a tool of choice with evil spirits.
Posted Image

#9 Tarinya

Tarinya

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:56 PM

So, I'm going with the logical on the "reason for 3"....big surprise lol My thought is that we have 3 fingers that are the longest, forefinger, middle and ring...If I was going to scratch something/someone I'd use those 3 simply because they are the longest. A pinkie may show up, but, after testing it on my own leg while sitting here the three main fingers definitely have more pressure behind them. Just my personal opinion and could be totally wrong.

#10 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:02 PM

Makes sense, Tarinya... and what's you're reasoning for why?
Posted Image

#11 Tarinya

Tarinya

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:07 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 05 August 2017 - 11:02 PM, said:

Makes sense, Tarinya... and what's you're reasoning for why?

Do you mean why do I think people get scratched?
I'd say attention more than anything. I'm not sure that they're trying to hurt people as much as trying to get some attention. I could see doing a cleansing or having a medium come in, maybe find out more or help whoever's there to cross over.

#12 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,703 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:04 PM

View PostTarinya, on 05 August 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

So, I'm going with the logical on the "reason for 3"....big surprise lol My thought is that we have 3 fingers that are the longest, forefinger, middle and ring...If I was going to scratch something/someone I'd use those 3 simply because they are the longest. A pinkie may show up, but, after testing it on my own leg while sitting here the three main fingers definitely have more pressure behind them. Just my personal opinion and could be totally wrong.

Yup. I've accidentally scratched myself and only had 3 visible scratches
Posted Image

#13 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:18 AM

View PostTarinya, on 06 August 2017 - 07:07 PM, said:

Do you mean why do I think people get scratched?
I'd say attention more than anything. I'm not sure that they're trying to hurt people as much as trying to get some attention. I could see doing a cleansing or having a medium come in, maybe find out more or help whoever's there to cross over.

Thanks for your response, Tarinya. I was just curious as to your take on that.

And as for three scratches, I absolutely agree... the way the fingers are aligned, there would be 3 dominate scratch marks. And that should apply to both a devil or a living person. However, there are some that believe devils have claws, therefore only producing 3 scratches... at least per-swipe.  
Posted Image

#14 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:41 AM

Wow that is certainly a scary looking image. I wonder what other activity was going on? I would find it a bit of a leap in terms of escalation for that to occur without other complimentary paranormal phenomenon happening at the same time...
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#15 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:30 AM

You're right, Earthly.... I'll get an email off to him right away.  ;)
Posted Image

#16 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:56 AM

It's an interesting story but what makes this questionable is, no one saw anything happen. Only the aftermath. If this turns into a reoccurring event, maybe a cam is in order. You might not like my next assumption, but it's possible the husband is covering up an extra curricular activity because he knows his wife will notice. I'd be inclined to apply natural causes first instead of blaming 3 ghosts in the house.

Edited by EVP, 07 August 2017 - 04:08 AM.

Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#17 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:41 PM

If it's "mocking the Trinity", then how does this work with 3 scratches in non-Christian religions or non-Christian countries??
--
Sean aka Capt Zeanie

Posted Image

#18 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:27 PM

View PostCapt-Zeanie, on 11 August 2017 - 12:41 PM, said:

If it's "mocking the Trinity", then how does this work with 3 scratches in non-Christian religions or non-Christian countries??

It doesn't. Compared to the other fingers three of your fingers are more prominent,  causing them to scratch deeper. Thus they show up more readily than four or five would.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 11 August 2017 - 01:28 PM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users