• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:00 AM

2 times in the last week, our dogs have acted weird (again) by staring and then barking / growling in a certain direction in the house.  This has happened before.  Just not this frequent.

My wife was more mad about the last time it happened last Thursday night.  30 minutes after I went to bed (about 10:30), the dogs started staring at our laundry room which has a door that goes to the garage.  Then the dogs got up off their pillows and started growling and barking while staring in the same direction.

She was paranoid that someone was in the garage (which had been closed and locked when I went to bed).  She is mad because I never heard any of it and was sound asleep.  She finally got the courage to check the garage and saw that it was still locked up tight.

It happened last weekend too.  But, the dogs were staring at the front door the same as every other time they had acted like this.  Nothing has ever been seen by my wife and I when the dogs have acted out.  My wife is more upset about it now that our daughter is home with her new baby.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,282 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:43 AM

yes, I would be worried about it being a person too. LOL, you must be a sound sleeper!
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 lorac61469

lorac61469

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:12 PM

You think this is paranormal and not just dogs acting weird because they smelled, saw or heard something?

For example Murray(my barker) will sometimes bark and few minutes later the rest of the gang will chime in. Usually it's because he sees a neighbors cat or hear a doorbell sound on TV or sometimes he barks at his own reflection in the windows.

#4 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:01 AM

several months ago, my wife's dog was laying down in the living room while we were in there watching TV.  Her dog, Sky, picked up her head and started staring at our closed bedroom door.  Sky sat up still staring while cocking her her side to side as if confused in what she saw.  My dog then picked up his head and was staring at the same spot.  They both moved their heads as if they were watching something move from in front of our bedroom door to the hallway leading to the foyer.  Now the dogs were all up and walking so they could see down the hallway.   Then they all went crazy in a VERY aggressive way.  Growling, snarling and barking.  I checked the front porch and foyer and found nothing.  This has happened a couple more time prior to this past week.

I have had some minor stuff happen the last few years.  Odd sounds and such.  nothing major.  just enough stuff (IMO) to make us think hmmmmmm.
Life is short, enjoy it!

#5 Snickers

Snickers

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:24 PM

It is creepy when the dogs react to something you can't see. I had a german shepherd that could see the ghost, and he would growl low and quietly. I had a little dog that would tiptoe around corners and stop and look before he continued on his way. The dogs are not doing this for no reason, either it is a real person, or a ghost or something else that only they can see. Dogs don't act agressive for no reason.....
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#6 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:02 PM

Could be a raccoon, or another animal like a squirrel. Both are actually pretty intelligent and can get inside the house. Do you hear scratching sounds anywhere? You might like to have an exterminator check the house for critters. Don't automatically jump to the supernatural, and don't assume that because you don't see the critters, they aren't in the house. Even rabbits, and cats can get in. It just depends on how they did it.

#7 Tarinya

Tarinya

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:06 PM

Animals definitely have a sharper sense, about most things. Whether it's something paranormal or not, I have no idea. I'd keep an eye, just in case it is a live person sneaking around. You just never know.

#8 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:11 AM

View Postmoiraesfate, on 19 July 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

Could be a raccoon, or another animal like a squirrel. Both are actually pretty intelligent and can get inside the house. Do you hear scratching sounds anywhere? You might like to have an exterminator check the house for critters. Don't automatically jump to the supernatural, and don't assume that because you don't see the critters, they aren't in the house. Even rabbits, and cats can get in. It just depends on how they did it.

No other animals in the house but our dogs and cats.  No scratching sounds or any evidence of any type of critters in the house.
Life is short, enjoy it!

#9 True North

True North

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:57 AM

Pets often notice the presence of someone/something their owners do not. And because of this, pets are sometimes messed with or harassed to some degree by whoever/whatever they're reacting to (whether this is done just for the fun of it, in response to your pet's challenge, or other reasons).

Edited by True North, 24 July 2017 - 07:25 AM.

#10 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:49 AM

View PostTrue North, on 24 July 2017 - 06:57 AM, said:

Pets often notice the presence of someone/something their owners do not. And because of this, pets are sometimes messed with or harassed to some degree by whoever/whatever they're reacting to (whether this is done just for the fun of it, in response to your pet's challenge, or other reasons).

That is interesting...  I have seen things out of the corner of my eye at home and the dogs or cats never made sound nor did they seem to notice anything...on those occasions.  nothing in the last week...which is good
Life is short, enjoy it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users