• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:10 PM

Hi all,

This is one thing that is quite common on the "Paranormal" TV programmes on TV, that is when they asked for a knock etc to prove that the spirit is there, the knock/bang etc happens in another location other than the location your in.

Why does anyone think this is the case. Why can't the spirit knock/bang on que in the same location?

For example I was watching Kindred Spirits on TV today and Amy/Adam hear a tapping noise when asking for evidence the spirit is there and they deduce it was some pottery ornament in another room. Now maybe as the "expected spirit" was the clients mother and the mother had made the pottery ornaments, then one could say the spirit had an attachment to the pottery but is that really the case?

What is everyone's thoughts on this.

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,564 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:41 PM

I was watching Ghost Asylum. They asked for a sign and got three knocks on a door behind the two investigators. It was either the Old South Pittsburg Hospital or the Peoria State Hospital.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 21 July 2017 - 01:42 PM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,210 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:58 PM

Not sure... maybe it's a rule or a law for them. Maybe it's just too much proof if it's in the same room.  Posted Image
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#4 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:09 PM

a good question - I don't really have an answer for you but I do think that the loud bangs make for good tv! haha
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#5 True North

True North

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 04:07 PM

While I don't care to comment on TV shows, if you look over reports of investigators getting knocks or bangs in response to their prompts for one, it's not uncommon for a knock or bang to occur within the same room as them. It's also not all that uncommon for a knock or bang to come from the other side of a wall they're standing beside or from almost directly overhead or below them (on either the ceiling or floor from the other side).

As for reasons why a knock or bang will be made from another room (a knock or bang that's made by a ghost or something else wishing to make it's presence known), it's often because 1. the source of the noise wishes to make their presence known but is also keeping their distance, 2. they're playing games and want to lead investigators around (and may continue to signal investigators from another location once the first one's checked out), 3. they want to direct people's attention to a specific room/spot/item, or 4. they're most strongly tied to the space they're signaling investigators from or they just generally stick around that area (or maybe don't even leave it, or can't leave it).

^ in scenario 2 the source of the noise is looking for at least some degree of further attention. In scenarios 1, 3 and 4, the source of the noise may or may not desire further attention or interaction with investigators.

Edited by True North, 23 July 2017 - 08:41 PM.

#6 siguie

siguie

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 04:48 PM

Also keep in mind that ALL places are constantly making noise, creaks, taps, bangs are very normal and when you get used to them you automagically block them out. However, when you are asking for a sign and paying attention then you will notice them again and the human mind wants to create connections. So the real question might be why do people think a noise in another room is in response to their question? :Picture 562:
- siguie -

#7 True North

True North

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:39 PM

View Postsiguie, on 23 July 2017 - 04:48 PM, said:

... the real question might be why do people think a noise in another room is in response to their question? :Picture 562:

A good question.

People have a tendency to hear what they want to hear and see what they want to see.

If you're an investigator who's out to discover the truth, all I can say is to be completely honest with yourself about why you're doing whatever it is you're doing (and no doubt this is advice that's often given on paranormal forums like this). If, for example, you simply want some cheap thrills (which is fine if you do - it's fine if it's just about entertainment) then any noise you hear will suffice as a 'response', and you can go home and tell yourself and friends whatever story you wish about your 'adventure'.

But

if the purpose of your investigations are to find out the truth about who or what may be around, and you're say attempting to record EVPs or asking potential ghosts etc to respond with a knock, then you're going to have to honestly assess (as best you can anyway) whether that voice or knock is a voice or knock.

Asking for knocks or recording EVPs is not how I communicate with or am aware of who is or isn't around, so this sort of stuff is a non issue for me. I can understand the problems with and the importance of accurately interpreting recordings and noises though if this is the approach you're taking.

Edited by True North, 23 July 2017 - 08:38 PM.

#8 Amethyst

Amethyst

Official Ghoststudy Psychic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:28 PM

Also keep in mind you are dealing with a discarnate soul.  While a living person may be standing at a precise place, Spirit may not.  You are dealing with an energy, for lack of a better term.  What if the energy/entity is dispersed within the entire room?  Like is is an invisible "mass" that cannot be seen but is occupying a large space.  If it is giving an intelligent answer maybe it is easier to push something over or knock/rap on or in a particular area. It may have access to the entire room at once and not a tiny portion of it.  So it may be easier to knock on a door in the next room.  It may be easier to push something over close by.  They are not bound to the confines that humans are.  I hope this makes sense, it is hard to put into words.

Amethyst
IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED THEN SKYDIVING IS NOT FOR YOU!

ADVICE, WHEN MOST NEEDED, IS LEAST HEEDED

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end the quicker it goes!

"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" said the Wizard of Oz to the Tin Man.

#9 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,564 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:19 PM

It could also be, that there is more energy in the next room than in the room where the investigator is. So, it would be easier for the ghost/spirit to manifest the knock elsewhere.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 25 July 2017 - 11:20 PM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#10 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:26 AM

You could be right about the size of the entity, we do not know their physical size. Also even if someone does see an apparition/shadow we do not know if what we are seeing is their actual size.

On a physical side, us humans are a fixed size as our skin/hair is the outer limits of our physical body, however we do emit an electrical field which reaches out further than our skin and it's difficult to find the edge then if it's energy.

I am just going on TV programmes here for knocks as I have not experienced anything conclusive personally. I am always writing as a sceptic until something happens and I can "see it with my own eyes"

As True North said I am out to find the truth via research and will not accept stuff until I can get a validation especially from someone else I could trust and not just any "all orbs are spirits" believer etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users