Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:11 PM

Posted Image

source:
https://player.vimeo...ideo/148196375

I was watching this last night and thought this was worth sharing. The police officer sound credible! what do others think about it?
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#2 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,210 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:08 PM

Well, if it's the soul leaving the body, he doesn't look to happy about it!  :D   and what's with the second face?

With all the blur... it would be hard to make a proper analysis. But looks impressive, that's for sure.  :)
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#3 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,564 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:21 PM

I saw that when it was on TV. That photo freaked me out.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:48 PM

Yeah, it was interesting watching the interview with the policeman.

Jim, the police guy thinks the other face was like stages of the person in the accident. They also say there was an image of a labrador dog on the car door but no animals were noted at the accident scene.
Posted Image

#5 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,564 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:56 PM

I lightened up the pic. Hope this helps.
Posted Image

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#6 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:26 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 21 August 2017 - 09:08 PM, said:

Well, if it's the soul leaving the body, he doesn't look to happy about it!  :D  

They said he was 16 years old at the time  of the accident (1984), it was a few days after Christmas and he and 3 of his friends were off to a rock concert.  So they think he was yelling NO!
Posted Image

#7 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:55 AM

that's a very intriguing photo, it looks quite scary actually
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#8 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:00 AM

There seem to be red and gold lines in the other images although they don't seem to show the entire images only pieces
Posted Image

#9 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,210 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:10 AM

The face is interesting but what the officer calls "streaks of light" is actually motion streaks. Probably caused from squad car lights, reflective surfaces and slight movement from taking night shots without a tripod. The biggest contributor is almost always FILM cameras. And I would be willing to bet the farm (if I owned a farm) that he was using a film camera.  ;)  .....OMG, It's true, I am turning into a skeptic!  :yucky:

But like I said... I like the face... very cool!  :)

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:06 AM

Would this still be from the police car lights Jim?

Spoiler
Caution Viewing Deceased Person!
Posted Image

#11 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,210 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:28 AM

I can't say for sure, Klainey. But I can tell you this much, one of the tell tale signs when considering motion streaks (not supernatural) is to watch for duplicates of the streaks. That's what indicates the motion. The officer mentioned he didn't see anything like that in the view finder when taking the photo. duh.  :)

When I first started ghost hunting, I took a picture in a cemetery and it was full of beautiful & colorful streaming streaks. I posted it to the world and it wasn't long before photographers started coming out of the woodwork to tell me to buy a tripod for my film camera.  :)  And there were not any lights in that cemetery... just reflective surfaces.

I'm not sure if these types of streaks were ever really considered paranormal... well, accept maybe by me.  ^_^

Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,534 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:50 AM

It is a very interesting photo, I've seen it before. But yeah, motion blur everywhere due to the overall darkness makes any light/reflective surface exaggerate any slight movement by the camera.
Posted Image

#13 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:15 AM

If I may, it is obvious, whatever camera was used, the lighting conditions were limited and the camera automatically was forced to hold the shutter open for a lengthy time to expose the image. Even larger sensor full frame/medium format cameras that are well adapted to low light conditions would be tested under the above light conditions. If there is any movement, in front of the camera, it will be blurred and the highest reflective objects will be the first to expose. Once you couple in the factor of a human hand holding the camera, motion blur is further compounding.

Another factor that could be an issue is the optical effect a first curtain/second curtain shutter. You can create some very interesting motion effects with a flash under those circumstances.

The image was likely captured by a cellphone and I can say that with a certain level of assurance. Recent statistics suggest that 95% of all adults in America own/use & carry a cellphone containing an on-board camera.

I hate to be the negative Nick here but without any controls, this file can only lead to speculation and assumption. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times when I first started, how I was forced to throw out evidence because of contamination.

For those who say, we cannot set up tripods or use good quality cameras with triggers in a crisis, I totally agree. Regardless, we need to know when to discard and move on. I do not want to harp on controls too much but if we do not learn from our mistakes, they will continue to repeat
Posted Image
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.:"
----Bertrand Russell----

#14 lorac61469

lorac61469

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:23 PM

View PostEVP, on 22 August 2017 - 11:15 AM, said:

If I may, it is obvious, whatever camera was used, the lighting conditions were limited and the camera automatically was forced to hold the shutter open for a lengthy time to expose the image. Even larger sensor full frame/medium format cameras that are well adapted to low light conditions would be tested under the above light conditions. If there is any movement, in front of the camera, it will be blurred and the highest reflective objects will be the first to expose. Once you couple in the factor of a human hand holding the camera, motion blur is further compounding.

Another factor that could be an issue is the optical effect a first curtain/second curtain shutter. You can create some very interesting motion effects with a flash under those circumstances.

The image was likely captured by a cellphone and I can say that with a certain level of assurance. Recent statistics suggest that 95% of all adults in America own/use & carry a cellphone containing an on-board camera.

I hate to be the negative Nick here but without any controls, this file can only lead to speculation and assumption. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times when I first started, how I was forced to throw out evidence because of contamination.

For those who say, we cannot set up tripods or use good quality cameras with triggers in a crisis, I totally agree. Regardless, we need to know when to discard and move on. I do not want to harp on controls too much but if we do not learn from our mistakes, they will continue to repeat

The only thing is that this was supposedly photographed in 1984. So it would be on film rather than digital.
https://seeksghosts....t-screamed.html

Edited by lorac61469, 22 August 2017 - 01:24 PM.

#15 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,534 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:49 PM

^^^True, the cop was saying in the video that at that time, the police department developed all their own photos. You would think if they did that on a regular basis they'd have a handle on basic photography and recognize motion blur and the lighting conditions.

I know I saw the video on TV somewhere, anyone recall the show?
Posted Image

#16 lorac61469

lorac61469

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:59 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 22 August 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

^^^True, the cop was saying in the video that at that time, the police department developed all their own photos. You would think if they did that on a regular basis they'd have a handle on basic photography and recognize motion blur and the lighting conditions.

Case Files Unknown

#17 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 02:03 PM

Agreed and I should have mentioned this but a camera is a camera in this sense and regardless the parameters and effects of film or digital still apply in the generated effect. The shutter would be dragged with this little light. I was shooting film in the 80's with an SLR. In those days I was using a handheld light meter. Don't miss them that much but I'm now back using a handheld light meter in the studio. Full circle I suppose :)

Edited by EVP, 22 August 2017 - 02:05 PM.

Posted Image
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.:"
----Bertrand Russell----

#18 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:07 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 22 August 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

Case Files Unknown https://player.vimeo...ideo/148196375
Posted Image

#19 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,534 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:16 PM

Thanks, lorac and Klainey!  The name of  the show doesn't ring a bell, but I watch all kinds of shows like that, so I know I did see it
Posted Image

#20 Amethyst

Amethyst

Official Ghoststudy Psychic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:41 AM

It is an interesting picture but psychically I have to respectfully disagree.  I do not think it is a picture of the soul leaving the body.

Amethyst
IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED THEN SKYDIVING IS NOT FOR YOU!

ADVICE, WHEN MOST NEEDED, IS LEAST HEEDED

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end the quicker it goes!

"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" said the Wizard of Oz to the Tin Man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users